Ben Reid not named in VFL - Possible Injury?

Why. I wouldn't recruit his son if he's carrying the same genes. Apparently Bens Dad didn't play enough games for the dogs.
So at least we've got a choice.
He might marry and have a son with a strapping fighting fit netballer or female afl footballer

Snell1234

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why do you get so excited about Reid not playing?
You seriously think I am excited about someone not playing who makes us a genuine top 4 team and contender for the flag this year?

If we had the 2010-2011 Ben Reid playing at the moment, we'd be shitting it in in a lot of games and we would beat Hawthorn tonight.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hasn't the club used the "corkie" excuse with Reid several times before?

I've never seen a player get so many corkies :$

If he does another soft tissue anytime soon there is no coming back really, some bodies are simply unable to handle AFL football. Brad Dick and Sean Rusling are two names that come to mind.

If he does another soft tissue anytime soon there is no coming back really, some bodies are simply unable to handle AFL football. Brad Dick and Sean Rusling are two names that come to mind.
Lucky he's not playing tonight against Corkthorn, he'd never play again.

Jonno94

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

Nah, the last time they said he got a "corgi" the dog, to comfort him of the sidelines. Unfortunately he tore his hamstring taking it for a walk.

Prestigerrycomo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now that Ben Reid hasn't been named in the VFL team, can we all agree that Ben Reid is in fact ''injured" and that my discussion thread can stay open?

For those that want to discuss, the points I made were as follows:

What do we do with him? His body clearly is failing him at the moment and there must be an underlying issue. Do we write off the year for him and send him back to Germany? Are there any other novel treatments that we can use to try and get him right? Have the club been able to identify the cause of these injuries or is it not possible to do so?

You'd have to think there is an overall root cause, as it is not just one muscle he keeps injuring, but it's been his calf, quad and hamstring.

Hopefully this thread stays open and we don't all live in a fairyland where we can't accept this guy is injured and it is a very serious issue.
Would you seriously get over yourself

ThexderX

Club Legend
Jul 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United
I wonder if this is another "precaution" injury and we dont see him for 6 weeks.

Balmy has certainly brought some Geelong traits with him.

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
We have many threads on the happenings of individual players and their injuries.

I am not sure why so many are so quick to jump to attack someone who genuinely wishes to discusses Ben Reid's injury concerns.
Has this not been discussed for the last 2 years? Positive though as it might just displace the Buckley v Malthouse threads/posts. They've eventually run out of steam, although a few losses may change that, even after MM's disgraceful performance at carlton.

Let me guess, the jist of the thread and the majority of posts will fall under one of these banners:

* why won't the club be honest with us ?
* Trade Reid
* Reid is ****ed. His body just won't cope with footy.

Snell1234

Team Captain
Mar 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another "corkie'' set to see him miss a few weeks it seems.

I just wish the club could be honest with us.

Bucksboys

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who cares if the club isn't honest with us, they don't broadcast the finer points of their game plan either

Are there any other novel treatments that we can use to try and get him right? No idea. I googled novel treatments for chronic soft tissue injuries and found this from 2000 'Some novel treatments recently investigated, including low intensity laser irradiation and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy' so I'm all for the LASER
ESWL is what they use to break up kidney stones, I'd be interested to know what the theorized applications are to soft tissue injuries...?

So at least we've got a choice.
He might marry and have a son with a strapping fighting fit netballer or female afl footballer
One more game and we introduce him to;

ronda-rousey.jpeg

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
I don't need the club to be honest with me.
I need them to do the best thing by the club and Reid.

I have to point out that the two aren't exactly mutually exclusive! Or have I missed something whereby being honest and upfront suddenly increases Reid's recovery period?

Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Time to offload Reid to anyone who will give us anything for him, which might be highly wishful thinking.

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably Tennessee - that says fool me once shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.

His body is farked. How much evidence do we need before we stop making fools of ourselves and assume it is just going to turn around? Sure he might string a couple of games together every now and then, but that isn't good enough.

I generally find our obsessive compulsive need to lie about injuries to the supporters kind of funny, but this latest 'corkie' shite is just sad.

Time to offload Reid to anyone who will give us anything for him, which might be highly wishful thinking.

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably Tennessee - that says fool me once shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.

His body is farked. How much evidence do we need before we stop making fools of ourselves and assume it is just going to turn around? Sure he might string a couple of games together every now and then, but that isn't good enough.

I generally find our obsessive compulsive need to lie about injuries to the supporters kind of funny, but this latest 'corkie' shite is just sad.
I think you should heed your own advice.

Back