Bendigo FL Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good numbers turning up to Storm's pre-season so far with 56 players in attendance on first night (29/11). Good to see former coach Clint Whitsed at pre-season training too. Whits will probably only play a handful of games during season due to his new Assistant coach role at Pioneers.

AGM for Strath Storm this coming Monday night at 7pm at Tannery Lane. All members and supporters encouraged to attend !

Great turn out Stormboy, how many of the 56 where good players?

Whitsed should stay around the stormers rather than go to pioneers, he might win a few games!

Rumour is Kyneton still havent paid there players for this season? Can any1 confirm? Pre Season Numbers? Can anyone match Golden Square??????

Have a mate who plays there and he said they owe about half a seasons money .

I know for a fact (not that it means much on here, but I do) that a previous coach is still owed many thousands of dollars still from his tenure, which was not all that recent.

Enough to say, buy a nice new car.

Not sure how they can act like millionaires with their recruiting last year and now Filo and not pay their debts to blokes who have been extremely understanding. Bad way to run a club if you ask me...

I know for a fact (not that it means much on here, but I do) that a previous coach is still owed many thousands of dollars still from his tenure, which was not all that recent.

Enough to say, buy a nice new car.

Not sure how they can act like millionaires with their recruiting last year and now Filo and not pay their debts to blokes who have been extremely understanding. Bad way to run a club if you ask me...

Quite happy to give you Ox's mobile number and you can slag off the Tigers if you don't get a satisfactory response KITC.

Apart from that - well, you know the drill.........

I would have to say that of all the players to exit South Bendigo from this year, the biggest loss will be little Alex Galea. He would have to have been the most improved player from the 2009 season til the 2010 season. Can anyone fine a more improved player between the 2 seasons??

agreed ... little alex was a much improved player. expected 2 c him in the midfld. rotations in 2011. but hes gone now. south will have a very very young group for the '11 season. big john/carroll/azza conn/bowles/l. davies/dane frew all gone

were did little alex head off 2 ??

Whilst you guys are talking about Kyneton.....WIN News have just reported that Brodie Filo has signed with Castlemaine for next season. would have thought he may have gone with the old man???

Whilst you guys are talking about Kyneton.....WIN News have just reported that Brodie Filo has signed with Castlemaine for next season. would have thought he may have gone with the old man???

Win News are very slow with that story. The Bendigo Advertiser told us two or three weeks ago that he was going to Castlemaine.

In fact, it was on the 4th of December, link attached below.

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/news/local/sport/general/brodie-to-join-magpies/2016291.aspx

I would have to say that of all the players to exit South Bendigo from this year, the biggest loss will be little Alex Galea. He would have to have been the most improved player from the 2009 season til the 2010 season. Can anyone fine a more improved player between the 2 seasons??

Excellent question BFB!
Ill nominate Tom Hartney from Sandhurst. Thought his year was magnificent, Alex Galea was very good tho. Shame he has moved on, he is an ideal roving type in the South rotation now that Gavin Bowles (and various others) have moved on...

Although an older player, I did think that Josh Gitcham (Eaglehawk) had a vastly better year too..

Quite happy to give you Ox's mobile number and you can slag off the Tigers if you don't get a satisfactory response KITC.

Apart from that - well, you know the drill.........

Do I need to flip a text to every President/Board Member when I decide to discuss their team?

Kyenton's payment to players and staff was being discussed and I added what I knew to a public discussion forum.

So no, I don't know the drill :confused:

Do I need to flip a text to every President/Board Member when I decide to discuss their team?

Kyenton's payment to players and staff was being discussed and I added what I knew to a public discussion forum.

So no, I don't know the drill :confused:

The drill is if you are going to put up, you either put up or shut up.

If you want to go around bad mouthing a club with your 'facts' back it up.

Name the coach rather than hiding behind innuendo and point scoring.

Oh, and what sort of car....?

Gisborne have told the Ballarat League not to approach the club again as that league seeks a 12th team to eliminate the bye in its own competition. Gisborne and for that matter Kyneton, Castlemaine & Maryborough have shown a loyalty to the Bendigo League (BFNL) that its Board does not deserve - country clubs have long been treated as 2nd class citizens in the BFNL. For example when was the last time a BFNL final was moved out of Bendigo when the QEO was unavailable?

However the BFNL Board could 'help' its Ballarat counterpart eliminate its unwanted bye - RECRUIT SUNBURY.

Yes I have raised this in the past but here are my arguments again:

1. Let the Gisborne - Sunbury rivalry exist in the Bendigo League.

2. Give the struggling country clubs mentioned above a break with less travel for them when playing Sunbury (compared to travelling to Bendigo).

3. Increase the chance of a country club outside the greater city of Bendigo area playing in the finals and actually drawing a decent crowd to a BFNL final.

4. Introduce a team that could actually give Golden Square a challange.
One sure is needed!

The BFNL League doesn't need to worry about stepping on the toes of its Ballarat counterpart who have had numerous attempts at getting Gisborne - firing a return shot or two after years of bombardment would display a little backbone.

The only negative aspect of Sunbury coming into the BFNL would be the introduction of a bye, but I think the advantages listed above would far outweigh this. Yes the bid may fail but the BFNL Board won't know if it doesn't try.

Anyway it would give us something to talk about other than player payments at Kyneton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Gareth Crawford formally of Eaglehawk go/ Just signed at a club in the Warrnambool and District League? What position does he play?

Absolute gun..won club B&F couple years back, reads play well and has explosive pace. Plays midfoeld, wing or f/flank!
Last year (according to the BFNL Website) he was cleared to the Western Border League (club unknown) on June 12, then 10 days later cleared back to Eaglehawk on June 22!!!

Can anyone explain that - is it anyway related to his latest transfer?

Last year (according to the BFNL Website) he was cleared to the Western Border League (club unknown) on June 12, then 10 days later cleared back to Eaglehawk on June 22!!!

Can anyone explain that - is it anyway related to his latest transfer?
Borough had the bye so he went and played for his home club for the week!

is there ny ex afl players including just been on list or rookies playing in your comp in 2011

is there ny ex afl players including just been on list or rookies playing in your comp in 2011
Luke Hammond (Bris)
Travis Baird (bris and possibly Dogs)
both listed didnt play. Both at Golden Square next year.
May be others, had a few go out of league in recent times eg, Damian Lock ex Carlton..
others may no of more...

after reading the talking goat/slash/westy's predictions and summaries about 2010 and then into his two thousand and eleven poss. hilites, i'm gonna tip my top five:-

square
eagleborough
storm
flat
gizzy

3rd, 4th and 5th out of strathfieldsaye, gisborne, k flat, maybe hurst

maryboro to drop off a tad, kyneton maybe 2 cum up cuppla places, bloods to fall rite away. maine maybe a win or 2 but spoon theirs again.

weeksie: 142 goals for 2011, harry m. 109 saus. rolls.

Interesting comments... based on word around town and player movements so far; 2011 ladder to be...

Square by a country mile which is why no other club has bothered with big coin this year
Eaglehawk
Gisborne
Storm
Kang Flat

South Bendigo
Sandhurst
Castlemaine
Kyneton
Maryborough

Just for a laugh, might do another ladder on 31 March when club recruits are nearly settled

yeah jenna flat have lost a few. geary asst. coach at the storm, r. doherty also gone, one of the taller backmen up to lvfl or ncfl [4get which league]. mite be 1 or 2 others too

but they kept harry after he was nearly over the line as hurst coach

yeah jenna flat have lost a few. geary asst. coach at the storm, r. doherty also gone, one of the taller backmen up to lvfl or ncfl [4get which league]. mite be 1 or 2 others too

but they kept harry after he was nearly over the line as hurst coach

Ryan Mc Nish and Matt Lehane to White Hills as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back