Bendigo FL Thread 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comment on the AFL Victoria website regarding the Good Friday / QEO battle.

"There was a deal stuck last year for the local league to hold the draw back until the VFL one was ready, but instead they released the draw early knowing that BFC wanted Good Friday as an opener making sure they looked like the victims. Total shambles."

Shame if this is true.

New Year let's get into it.........

A long way out I know but I will start with a ladder prediction and it will be interesting to see some other peoples.

Golden Square- But the gap closing.
South Bendigo- Much improved list by the looks.
Sandhurst- Plenty of development possible amongst the current crop.
Storm- Got a forward apparently which they needed and they had a pretty solid list in 2011 should finally play finals.
Eaglehawk- Lost a few and I think that Grand Final will take the enthusiasm out of the place a bit.
Gisborne- Prelim Finalists so they could be further up than this but a few losses and many of their good players are getting towards their end.
Maryborough- Don't know heaps about what they've done but they don't ever seem to much recruiting wise.
Kyneton- Set to be much more competitive with some experienced Club favourites coming back through the gates. Thompson could do a fair bit of damage with a pre-season under his belt.
Kangaroo Flat- Again heard bugger all out the Flat but they were a long way off and take Madden out of their 2011 side and the good District teams would have cleaned them up.
Castlemaine- Schultz was a machine, we'll see what happens spots 7 to 10 look like they will be tight.

clew, maxie and square boys -- good point made by roota how is there recruting going I c by 2days centralvicfooty jack geary joins bristow at wafl
already s young and klein-bretellr gone to hdfl big macmeeken retired
how many others leaving and just who r there recruits and will tooley stay on
its past mid-jan already

New Year let's get into it.........

A long way out I know but I will start with a ladder prediction and it will be interesting to see some other peoples.

Golden Square- But the gap closing.
South Bendigo- Much improved list by the looks.
Sandhurst- Plenty of development possible amongst the current crop.
Storm- Got a forward apparently which they needed and they had a pretty solid list in 2011 should finally play finals.
Eaglehawk- Lost a few and I think that Grand Final will take the enthusiasm out of the place a bit.
Gisborne- Prelim Finalists so they could be further up than this but a few losses and many of their good players are getting towards their end.
Maryborough- Don't know heaps about what they've done but they don't ever seem to much recruiting wise.
Kyneton- Set to be much more competitive with some experienced Club favourites coming back through the gates. Thompson could do a fair bit of damage with a pre-season under his belt.
Kangaroo Flat- Again heard bugger all out the Flat but they were a long way off and take Madden out of their 2011 side and the good District teams would have cleaned them up.
Castlemaine- Schultz was a machine, we'll see what happens spots 7 to 10 look like they will be tight.

Sounds like there are only a couple of clubs doing any decent recruiting.
South- seem to have plenty coming, most are quality as well. If all correct should be the side to beat.
Kyneton- Needed to find some. J Redpath will weaken them somewhat but Derrick will have a replacement for him as well. Should climb the ladder even after last season.
Castlemaine- Will be interesting how many games Shultz plays for Bendigo. Need a few quality players to strengthen a good group of youngsters. No names but hear they might have found a couple. Singh Jardine Brown going??
G.Square- A few quality out but that will only just bring them back to the pack a bit. Like to know how there going replacing a few. Got plenty at training.
M/borough- Nothing coming from them. Young Ruckmen apparently from up North? Edwards (Avoca) ?
Sandhurst- Good list from last year. From games i saw thought they were the ones to push G.Square. Would have been frustrating year for snake. Dickens gone ?
Flat- Young coach, young squad. have heard nothing about Flat (bar losing Madden). Hopefully they pick up a few.
Eaglehawk- A few on the move after a belting in the g/f. Rumours of large spending over the past few years, they may be tightening the belt. Greggs, T Coates, Jacobs gone ?
Gisborne- Petran, May? will be missed but no doubt L. Saunders will find good quality replacements for them and find a few to get them to the next level. Best placed team for attracting quality recruits.
Storm- Darryl will get them to the finals this year. Again have heard nothing about any recruiting, but any extra quality players into there side should have them into the 5. Geary, West, Whitsed ??

Any more Thoughts or news ???

Are Square picking up any players...not that they really need to but they do have a few leaving

Rhys Bradley from Cohuna has committed, couple of others as well. I don't think square are activly recruiting, i'm pretty sure they are happy to give some good kids and players that have been there abouts a crack at it.
Still got a great nucleous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

could not get a game with Darley seniors last year and they did not have a win. good seconds player at best. :p

He hardly played footy last year because of a medical problem the game he played in the seniors he was best on ground the closest Darley had come to winning all year. Very handy tap ruckman can go foreword as well. If he is right to go he'll be a handy senior ruckman for the square. Only young. And apparently square are signing his step brother also from cohuna??

Lucas has spoken to every BFL club.

Balranald be his most likely new home I reckon.

Gee champ you know more about who I'm talking too than I do!
For the record I contacted both Eaglehawk (home club) & Kyneton as potential move is to melbourne and it would be easier travel for my family.
Other than that clubs in various comps have made contact, and they all know where I'm at.
Am looking forward to VIC footy, cold weather and mud though, but going nowhere without a job first.

Gee champ you know more about who I'm talking too than I do!
For the record I contacted both Eaglehawk (home club) & Kyneton as potential move is to melbourne and it would be easier travel for my family.
Other than that clubs in various comps have made contact, and they all know where I'm at.
Am looking forward to VIC footy, cold weather and mud though, but going nowhere without a job first.

What sort of employment are you seeking??

haha that's one way to stop the rumours Lucas :D

Didn't deny any of the clubs though- and by the sounds why would clubs not be trying?? As for the mud, if Lucas ends up in CMFL I'd say mud wouldn't be much of an issue...

And roota - our club has not spoken to him. Points system means we can't!

He hardly played footy last year because of a medical problem the game he played in the seniors he was best on ground the closest Darley had come to winning all year. Very handy tap ruckman can go foreword as well. If he is right to go he'll be a handy senior ruckman for the square. Only young. And apparently square are signing his step brother also from cohuna??

Square have signed Ben Archard as well, pioneers asked him to play in bendigo not cohuna. Chris played all year at Darley last year, and apprently has not signed at square as was training with Cohuna all this week, and advised the club he had not made a decision yet:footy:

Square have signed Ben Archard as well, pioneers asked him to play in bendigo not cohuna. Chris played all year at Darley last year, and apprently has not signed at square as was training with Cohuna all this week, and advised the club he had not made a decision yet:footy:
What would the Pioneers ask (about playing in Bendigo) if Ben Archard was recruited from Gisborne instead of Cohuna?

What would the Pioneers ask (about playing in Bendigo) if Ben Archard was recruited from Gisborne instead of Cohuna?

For me this is one of the problems with the Pioneers program. They tend to want things their way and are too Bendigo centric. I would have thought it would be good for the kid to play at his home club when not required. This way the club gets a benefit out of developing a talented junior player rather than having them pinched off them. Clubs will (and in the Central Murray Leagues case are) become reluctant to encourage kids to go through Pioneers. I know of a couple of young blokes that have chosen to to go via the Ballarat Rebels because of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back