Bendigo FNL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Caillum Brady from Strath Storm reported to have been offered $800 a game by a Nothern Football league club in Melb. Would be a big loss for storm as the sliky skills up and coming stormer is only one break season away from having a break out season

Can anyone confirm if Sqaure have signed Liam Ogden : Kyabram GVFL. Word is he is leaving Ky, pity as he is a bloody good player. Played bushies and this year was in the GV team that retained the No 1 title against MPFL, in GV team of the year and finished 5th in morrison medal. Are sqaure a big spending club?

Can anyone confirm if Sqaure have signed Liam Ogden : Kyabram GVFL. Word is he is leaving Ky, pity as he is a bloody good player. Played bushies and this year was in the GV team that retained the No 1 title against MPFL, in GV team of the year and finished 5th in morrison medal. Are sqaure a big spending club?
The biggest in this league. They have the best player in country Vic.

Has Square or Kyneton announced who their coach is for 2013?
Also is Matty Aston going around again?

Has Square or Kyneton announced who their coach is for 2013?
Also is Matty Aston going around again?

A. Yes, Kyneton have (see above), though I have to admit the appointment worries me just a little.
B. No, Aston's not. Work commitments. Standby for a big announcement on who is his replacement...

A. Yes, Kyneton have (see above), though I have to admit the appointment worries me just a little.
B. No, Aston's not. Work commitments. Standby for a big announcement on who is his replacement...

Interesting, Brian Walsh was very critical of Kyneton's performance last year. While most thought the Tigers had shown some improvement he was scathing and said (on Fresh FM) that they had gone backwoods. His appointment must have raised a few eyebrows amongst the locals.

Well, in answer to a few questions here, I must agree there wouldnt be much between Weeks and Rosa as Country Vics elite two players (atleast that never played AFL)
Not sure about Ogden but Nathan Bell is definately returning to Square. Does anyone else hear that G Square are like the 3rd or 4 th biggest league spenders only? Interesting condidering their list.

Last two coaching appointments, Ill have a crack
1. Golden Square. Nick Carter
2. Maryborough. Christian Carter

Well, in answer to a few questions here, I must agree there wouldnt be much between Weeks and Rosa as Country Vics elite two players (atleast that never played AFL)
Not sure about Ogden but Nathan Bell is definately returning to Square. Does anyone else hear that G Square are like the 3rd or 4 th biggest league spenders only? Interesting condidering their list.

With Nick now a member of the new Central Victorian Football Commission, I'm pretty sure he can't hold a coaching position.

In all of Country Victoria?? Might be close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys - Check out the just released IPhone and IPad APP that allows you to create and share your very own designed Football jumpers... It is called Footy Jumpa. Get on there and have a look, and you are more than welcome to leave some feedback on additional designs and colours, or even just upload your designs for us to have a look at on the Footy Jumpa facebook page!!

Winner winner chicken dinner. Christmas has come early.

So, didnt Golden Square resign Weeks, Rosa and Trav Baird already though? They cant be happy with that! Ive heard Rosa linked to Barham-Koondrook so maybe that isnt fanciful.

I bumped into GS representative recently, after Nick Carter had been appointed to the Commision and the job was certainly his if he wanted it, so perhaps you can still coach if on it? There is atleast one netballer who does coach on commision that does.

The word is he has taken a pay cut by making the move to Rochy and will only be receiving a 10k sign on and 2k a game.

Read the actual quote from the horses mouth and he has stated as fact he is playing for less coin than at Square.

The Tigers had reportedly offered Weeks significantly more money than he was earning at Golden Square.
“I actually approached Rochester a few weeks ago... they didn’t chase me,’’ Weeks said.
“I’m not leaving because of anything going wrong at Golden Square. I would have earned more money at Golden Square.
“It’s not about money. In the past few weeks I’ve realised I’m not 21 anymore and I need to have a crack at the GVFL now.
“People can think what they like about the money, but that’s not what it’s about.”
Pretty sure you dont discuss money until ready to sign so the article is way off as how do you throw a figure at someone unless they are willing to commit? You have to get an agreement before they sign not pie in the sky we can pay you $$xxxx. The article infers more money but the bloke states not the truth. Who do you believe?
Square have been very successful but the lack of a coach signed on at this stage would have a few blokes worried as hard to recruit anyone to replace players left with no one at the helm.

Given that Weekes has signed with Rochy I doubt if Square will get Ogden. Me thinks he will stay at Ky and continue to hit paul Newman on the chest 10 times a game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back