Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This Saturdays game between Sandhurst and Strath should be a cracker hopefully a big crowd gets along. If we can win it should go a long way to getting top spot and Strath will be full well in the knowledge if they get the chocolates the race for top spot will go right to end. Interested to hear who everyone thinks will win?

This Saturdays game between Sandhurst and Strath should be a cracker hopefully a big crowd gets along. If we can win it should go a long way to getting top spot and Strath will be full well in the knowledge if they get the chocolates the race for top spot will go right to end. Interested to hear who everyone thinks will win?
i'll go with Sandhurst by a kick

Good to to see them play with full teams and hope weather does not play a factor
Sandhurst by 12pts (and Milne gets reported)haha

Looks as if it could be a little wet and windy on Saturday. Not sure who that would favour!

Sandhurst by a couple goals but wouldnt be surprised if Strath got up.

Well Boys I am calling an upset of sorts
Flat are always up and about when playing the square and numbers say we are about due for a win
Flat by 6pts
Rinaldi kicks 5 and Giri 4 and Corey Greer BOG( full of class)

Ok boys lets have some tips

I will go with the Dragons by 5 points but noting that it is going to be game on against Strath.
South Bendigo with a few back in against Eaglehawk including Gold Capt Stroobants to beat the Burra by 1 point.
Golden Square to beat Flat by 10 points. Sorry Crow! Should be a good game though and probably just lean that way because its at the Square and a couple of their match winners that have done it time and time again.
Maryborough are a heap better side at home and should reverse their early season loss to C'Maine by 18 points.
Kyneton look to get be getting a bit tired of late and Gisborne to win by 20 points.

Ok boys lets have some tips

I will go with the Dragons by 5 points but noting that it is going to be game on against Strath.
South Bendigo with a few back in against Eaglehawk including Gold Capt Stroobants to beat the Burra by 1 point.
Golden Square to beat Flat by 10 points. Sorry Crow! Should be a good game though and probably just lean that way because its at the Square and a couple of their match winners that have done it time and time again.
Maryborough are a heap better side at home and should reverse their early season loss to C'Maine by 18 points.
Kyneton look to get be getting a bit tired of late and Gisborne to win by 20 points.
Thanks for the sentiment Fly but can only hope of a Flat win and a South win as will do wonders for our finals aspirations. Not saying we would go to far in finals but you never know and would help the clubs fortunes moving forward and some result for a lot of hard work done by all.

Thanks for the sentiment Fly but can only hope of a Flat win and a South win as will do wonders for our finals aspirations. Not saying we would go to far in finals but you never know and would help the clubs fortunes moving forward and some result for a lot of hard work done by all.

Strath warm flag favs after yesterday with a few boys to come back in. Wecould have been really belted if they coverted well on goal but hopefully we can have another go at them in the finals and a few of our stars can perform much better outside Timmy Martin we didnt have too many blokes who were good for 4 quarters. On another note there was a great crowd there at the QEO and the league would have been really happy with that.

Eaglehawk starting to look good to get 5th spot after the weekends results.

Strath warm flag favs after yesterday with a few boys to come back in. Wecould have been really belted if they coverted well on goal but hopefully we can have another go at them in the finals and a few of our stars can perform much better outside Timmy Martin we didnt have too many blokes who were good for 4 quarters. On another note there was a great crowd there at the QEO and the league would have been really happy with that.

Eaglehawk starting to look good to get 5th spot after the weekends results.
Plenty of talent in Eaglehawk 2's. Number 7 took mark of the year on the weekend. Should be playing seniors

tips Sandhurst to beat Maryborough by 20 points it was a battle against them last time so over there it could be a real battle. Looking forward to getting to Maryborough though great venue for Footy.
Eaglehawk to beat the Flat by 10 points. Should be a real desperate game of footy for both.
Strath to beat Castlemaine by 110. How times have the Maine been beaten by over 100 this year?
Golden Sq to beat Gisborne by 4 points. Tight and tough game on the cards.
Kyneton have dropped off but I still think they might beat South by 12 points. Been a long year for the Bloods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am Back
Been out of the country but came back last night to a great result for the Flat over the Hawks
But the loss to Maryborough may come home to roost though

I am Back
Been out of the country but came back last night to a great result for the Flat over the Hawks
But the loss to Maryborough may come home to roost though

Great win for your gang Crow. Gives you a realistic chance of playing finals now. We battled at Maryborough despite the scoreboard showing a pretty comfortable win struggling to get any real flow wasted plenty of the ball around the ground and on goal. Maryborough are having a real crack so well done to them. Square and Gisborne sounds like it was a great battle good win for Gisborne.

Interesting caption in the Bendigo Advertiser today 'Square's reign at the top of the BFNL appears over. Highly unlikely to make the top three which puts a sixth straight premiership out of reach'.
Square themselves won a flag from the Elimination Final in 2001 and it's possible so its not out of reach.

Not officially out of reach, but seemingly unlikely. Although I think they are probably a better chance to win it than Gisborne, if that makes sense.

Last years winner will be hard to beat.
Outside chance Nick Lang from the Flat
Had his best year and would would have had the better of Martin Saturday just as i recken he did and does more around the ground.

But then Umpires don't like us so why would they give us votes ( yes bit peeved this year with standard of umpiring at all 3 grades) Example from saturday we get pushed in the back while kicking on edge of square going forward..playon..We do it other end of square to Sandhurst and freekick downfield and they get a soft goal...both exactly the same.
I understand umpires missing the odd one or letting one go but went 2 blantant frees the same happen within 5 minutes and same umpire pays one not the other..not good ( just want consistant rulings)
Players are accountable,specatators have to be accountable as not to abuse. Umpires are not and won't get better till they are and realise they are not as good as they have talked themselves up to be. what happened to the days of Umpires coming into rooms before and after games and getting to know players ect and building a repore which is then used out on the ground.
Also heard on the weekend that the Umpires are looking for a substantial pay rise for next year. What are they going to offer in improvements to justify the rise or are they going to hold leagues to ransom to get it ?

thats my gripe for the week

cheers

Last edited:
Outside chance Nick Lang from the Flat
Had his best year and would would have had the better of Martin Saturday just as i recken he did and does more around the ground.

But then Umpires don't like us so why would they give us votes ( yes bit peeved this year with standard of umpiring at all 3 grades) Example from saturday we get pushed in the back while kicking on edge of square going forward..playon..We do it other end of square to Sandhurst and freekick downfield and they get a soft goal...both exactly the same.
I understand umpires missing the odd one or letting one go but went 2 blantant frees the same happen within 5 minutes and same umpire pays one not the other..not good ( just want consistant rulings)
Players are accountable,specatators have to be accountable as not to abuse. Umpires are not and won't get better till they are and realise they are not as good as they have talked themselves up to be. what happened to the days of Umpires coming into rooms before and after games and getting to know players ect and building a repore which is then used out on the ground.
Also heard on the weekend that the Umpires are looking for a substantial pay rise for next year. What are they going to offer in improvements to justify the rise or are they going to hold leagues to ransom to get it ?

thats my gripe for the week

cheers

Take a deep breath Crow all in all things are on the up at the Flat and at stages on Saturday I thought you might get us and if you end up making the finals your boys will be a tough match up for someone in the first week.

Fly,
All is better now I have that off my chest
Yes certainly happy with Saturdays effort and overall the year has been good for the Flat on all fronts
But when I heard the umpires are asking for more money I saw red
They have managed over the past 10 years or so to remove them selves from all aspects of club life and have pumped up their own tyre's for to long.
About time they were given a ranking and depending on how they maintain it they paid/get best games ect
They are unaccountable

I used to love that, even at local league level, come finals the ball would be bounced by the officiating umpires. If they want a pay rise, I want the bounce reintroduced into their skill set.

Footballers take the game professionally (again at a local level) so I don't see why umpires should get away with anything less than similar.

I bust my arse from Oct/Nov and it pisses me off that blokes can rock around to umpire training in Feb or March, go for a couple of runs, and expect to get a gig because "no one wants to do it."

No one wants to do it because standards have slipped so far that there's no honour and little professionalism in it anymore.

My rant over ...

Back