Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

what was the game like Cooked Girth? Great win by Kang Flat also today helps them try get 5th spot.
South put up a great fight in the 1st half but ultimately Strath were too strong.... Milne was man-handled and couldn't buy a free in the first 3 quarters but then got a few make-up frees in the final quarter. Apparently he broke someones jaw too wresting in the first quarter, South supporters are keen to review the footage.

Going by what I saw today from the Storm today I feel Sandhurst are still the team to beat.

Was surprised to hear KFlat knocked off Gisborne, good reply after last weeks performance against Kyneton...

South put up a great fight in the 1st half but ultimately Strath were too strong.... Milne was man-handled and couldn't buy a free in the first 3 quarters but then got a few make-up frees in the final quarter. Apparently he broke someones jaw too wresting in the first quarter, South supporters are keen to review the footage.

Going by what I saw today from the Storm today I feel Sandhurst are still the team to beat.

Was surprised to hear KFlat knocked off Gisborne, good reply after last weeks performance against Kyneton...

I agree with you CG. I was an independent supporter and the umpiring by one of the men in white was perplexing at times. I'd suggest South not look too closely at the footage, the south player landed one flush on the jaw of a storm player in front of the grandstand. It didn't seem like a 99 point game, but in the end the class of Storm was the difference.

I agree with you CG. I was an independent supporter and the umpiring by one of the men in white was perplexing at times. I'd suggest South not look too closely at the footage, the south player landed one flush on the jaw of a storm player in front of the grandstand. It didn't seem like a 99 point game, but in the end the class of Storm was the difference.
Yeah I know the incident your talking about, it wasn't pretty and was caught on the camera. I also agree it felt like a much closer game than 99 points, after watching South against Maryborough a few weeks ago to today, the Bloods are definitely improving in my eyes.

So does this mean weeks for Milne...if so how many???
I'm not sure when it happened but I had a few South supporters mention to me that they'll watch the footage and he'll miss weeks.

If it happened in the first quarter like I assume, it will be hard to convict him as they were both wrestling each other on the ground and I didn't see any real punches thrown. Though it may be a different incident all together that I missed, so only time will tell ROOTA.

Seems to be a bit going on boys.
Strath are going to be hard to beat that was a good win yesterday at Square. They might have too many guns to cover come finals time.
Just on Square whats the story with Rick Ladson anyone? Didnt have any plaster etc on him at the Interleague which means he has missed the Pre-Season and the first half the Season with a soft tissue injury? Will be interested to see if he ends up playing smells more like cant be bothered.

Funny game at Eaglehawk apparently the home side were smoking them and then Kyneton kicked 11 goals to 1 in the 3rd to lead by 10 points but then got beaten by 7 points. Ben Weightman 7 goals has to be a Michelsen Medal chance.

Also South Bendigo recruit Ash Morris who showed a bit in the early games has gone back to Deni. Played his first game yesterday back there so not good signs for the Bloods its been a tough year for them.

Seems to be a bit going on boys.
Strath are going to be hard to beat that was a good win yesterday at Square. They might have too many guns to cover come finals time.
Just on Square whats the story with Rick Ladson anyone? Didnt have any plaster etc on him at the Interleague which means he has missed the Pre-Season and the first half the Season with a soft tissue injury? Will be interested to see if he ends up playing smells more like cant be bothered.

Funny game at Eaglehawk apparently the home side were smoking them and then Kyneton kicked 11 goals to 1 in the 3rd to lead by 10 points but then got beaten by 7 points. Ben Weightman 7 goals has to be a Michelsen Medal chance.

Also South Bendigo recruit Ash Morris who showed a bit in the early games has gone back to Deni. Played his first game yesterday back there so not good signs for the Bloods its been a tough year for them.
It's a shame about South.... Realistically, are they're off field troubles as bad as people have been saying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I have heard over the past few months they are not the only ones.
What is disappointing is larger spending clubs still owing the League a substantial amount of money and making no effort to pay it back
Something has to be done to pull back total player payments as next headline in the paper will be the demise of clubs. It would be fair to say most leagues would have clubs in this position and not looking to get out of it soon.
Does some of South problems come from bad recruiting,over spending and not relying on bringing kids through?

From what I have heard over the past few months they are not the only ones.
What is disappointing is larger spending clubs still owing the League a substantial amount of money and making no effort to pay it back
Something has to be done to pull back total player payments as next headline in the paper will be the demise of clubs. It would be fair to say most leagues would have clubs in this position and not looking to get out of it soon.
Does some of South problems come from bad recruiting,over spending and not relying on bringing kids through?
Money is becoming a big issue in country footy, and unless you have a **** ton of it, you have to do everything possible to keep your juniors at the club otherwise it just isn't sustainable. It's mind boggling the figures some players are on and it ruins clubs if they don't do their homework on the players before offering these contracts. Kyneton hit the jackpot with Benny Weightman, and obviously Strath with Baker/Milne, but the clubs have to be more diligent. I'm hoping the move to Harry Trott will get South back on track and bring a good family, community feel back to the club....

Money is becoming a big issue in country footy, and unless you have a **** ton of it, you have to do everything possible to keep your juniors at the club otherwise it just isn't sustainable. It's mind boggling the figures some players are on and it ruins clubs if they don't do their homework on the players before offering these contracts. Kyneton hit the jackpot with Benny Weightman, and obviously Strath with Baker/Milne, but the clubs have to be more diligent. I'm hoping the move to Harry Trott will get South back on track and bring a good family, community feel back to the club....
I hope the move works well for South
I can only speak for the Flat and a lot of work is being done to attract and retain juniors but when clubs are offering money and incentives to 16-18 year old kids its hard to retain at times unless there is a family tie.( sorry south was one of these last year)
Clubs must also find alternative income streams outside of football which the club has started and they are just starting to come to fruition. People think we are supported by the POKIES but this is far from the fact as the stipulations they put on the club for the $15k we get is at times not worth it and we are slowly but surely walking away from them.
We have new social rooms being built next year which will give us a home which we badly need. But most of all we have a great group of young blokes willing to work their arse off to improve the club. This started last year and only been strengthened with additions this year.
The motto from the club is what ever we do it must be sustainable and to promote a club that people what to be at.

I hope the move works well for South
I can only speak for the Flat and a lot of work is being done to attract and retain juniors but when clubs are offering money and incentives to 16-18 year old kids its hard to retain at times unless there is a family tie.( sorry south was one of these last year)
Clubs must also find alternative income streams outside of football which the club has started and they are just starting to come to fruition. People think we are supported by the POKIES but this is far from the fact as the stipulations they put on the club for the $15k we get is at times not worth it and we are slowly but surely walking away from them.
We have new social rooms being built next year which will give us a home which we badly need. But most of all we have a great group of young blokes willing to work their arse off to improve the club. This started last year and only been strengthened with additions this year.
The motto from the club is what ever we do it must be sustainable and to promote a club that people what to be at.

The dividend from the Sports Club used to be alot higher didnt it Crow? I thought it used to be around the 50k mark. Do the Club have anything up there now?

I have been around the senior side of the club for 4-5 years and biggest I have seen is $25k. The club has moved most functions away as we had had no control prior having them at the sports club. The ball has been moved for last 2 years and is a huge success and a far better event now than previous events held at the sports club

I have been around the senior side of the club for 4-5 years and biggest I have seen is $25k. The club has moved most functions away as we had had no control prior having them at the sports club. The ball has been moved for last 2 years and is a huge success and a far better event now than previous events held at the sports club

Sounds like theyve slowly peeled their contribution back I reckon it used to be around the 50k mark 2007-2008 type timeline bit of a hard one to keep both parties happy though I suppose. The Footy Club should get someone though as they help bring business in for example that Fev night would have been a great spinner up their due the Footy being on.

Sounds like theyve slowly peeled their contribution back I reckon it used to be around the 50k mark 2007-2008 type timeline bit of a hard one to keep both parties happy though I suppose. The Footy Club should get someone though as they help bring business in for example that Fev night would have been a great spinner up their due the Footy being on.
It may have been back then but it came with conditions as far as how many functions ect that the club must hold there and would make nothing out of. I think a lot of this come from a very pro bowls/old board which did not like the football club.
Things are changing for the better lead by Rob Clohesy and Paul Brooks and some very loyal club people that have a 10 year plan which for a football club is huge as normally know one looks that far ahead.
The likes of new social rooms,new netball and cricket facilities,new oval surface,scoreboard and upgrades to change rooms are on the master plan. It has potential to be the best sporting facility in town and another reason why they support the Thunder as it gives access to government grants.
Wont happen overnight but groundwork is being done for the future and a great Family club to be around. Go Roos 150

Please don't mix Football Club with Sports Club as poles apart.
Yes has been mentioned putting on an ex AFL player to work in sports club and play footy there but not sure all parties are that close to same page yet

Please don't mix Football Club with Sports Club as poles apart.
Yes has been mentioned putting on an ex AFL player to work in sports club and play footy there but not sure all parties are that close to same page yet

Sorry I was referring to the fact that the Sports Club would have benefitted well from Fevola match as well with a big crowd up in the Sports Club watching the match and going up for a beer/meal at different stages.

Sorry I was referring to the fact that the Sports Club would have benefitted well from Fevola match as well with a big crowd up in the Sports Club watching the match and going up for a beer/meal at different stages.
Yeah not seen like that by the sports club
Even to the point when people role up and say they are going to the pokies and don't pay at the gate...then park and clearly walk into the football.
The sports club does not care
Very political and very disappointing
But overall the Football Club is going in the right direction with or without the sports club

Everybody is a bit quite...whats going on this weekend ??
Heading to Marys Burra to watch the Flat play in a danger game
wet weather wont help

Everybody is a bit quite...whats going on this weekend ??
Heading to Marys Burra to watch the Flat play in a danger game
wet weather wont help
I'm heading out there too mate. Thin gound ol' maryborough. I think Flat are up for the challenge though

Back