Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great get for the Club to get Kristian Height has an impressive CV to say the least I haven't seen him play live but did see him on the ABC one lazy Saty arvo going back a few years ago for Box Hill and he was well and truly up to the VFL standard at that stage. Strong at the footy and clever around goal.

Do Clubs put enough effort into getting the best Juniors Coaches they can and even put enough money towards getting a good Coaching panel for their Under 18 team given its a breeding ground for them? Plenty seem to be disappointed with the appointment of Damien Featherby as Under 18's Coach at Sandhurst. Havent heard great things about his Coaching or him as a person either and the Club doesn't want to flirt with losing players at that age. We've had plenty of talented players come through the ranks which atleast initially means you have quality players in the seniors for very little money and it helps build the culture of the Club to have players play at the Club long term. Personally I'd love to see a Keiran Nihill doing the job thought he was a great teacher to the players when he did the senior job.

On another note hows things at Eaglehawk? Making any break throughs on the recruiting front? South look to be coming out the other side of what's been a tough period in their history.
Will kick 60 goals and create havoc through the mid field...impossible to match up on up forward

maybe meet the bloke and make judgement for yourself dragonfly, instead of relying on other people's opinions. Don't know much about his coaching all the same. I've always found him to be a good guy

Great get for the Club to get Kristian Height has an impressive CV to say the least I haven't seen him play live but did see him on the ABC one lazy Saty arvo going back a few years ago for Box Hill and he was well and truly up to the VFL standard at that stage. Strong at the footy and clever around goal.

Do Clubs put enough effort into getting the best Juniors Coaches they can and even put enough money towards getting a good Coaching panel for their Under 18 team given its a breeding ground for them? Plenty seem to be disappointed with the appointment of Damien Featherby as Under 18's Coach at Sandhurst. Havent heard great things about his Coaching or him as a person either and the Club doesn't want to flirt with losing players at that age. We've had plenty of talented players come through the ranks which atleast initially means you have quality players in the seniors for very little money and it helps build the culture of the Club to have players play at the Club long term. Personally I'd love to see a Keiran Nihill doing the job thought he was a great teacher to the players when he did the senior job.

On another note hows things at Eaglehawk? Making any break throughs on the recruiting front? South look to be coming out the other side of what's been a tough period in their history.[/QUOTE
. No good. At Serp, relied on a big budget and gun players to do the work. No structure or real game plan. Can't see him being good for kids

Will kick 60 goals and create havoc through the mid field...impossible to match up on up forward
Yep agree. He is an absolute jet. Watched him do nasty things to Rochy several times while he was at Echuca. He made some pretty handy defenders in good sides look very ordinary.

u've gotta be kidding Worm
News has been out 4 ages
Brad Spear is the name of Gizzy's new coach
Not sure if he's related to ex-Bgo Braves b'baller Mick Spear
Maybe ???

On another note hows things at Eaglehawk? Making any break throughs on the recruiting front? South look to be coming out the other side of what's been a tough period in their history.
Height will win the medal - unstoppable if fit - will kick goals when resting or injured. QEO might not be ideal, but s**t what a player. Better off the field if that makes sense. One of the best.

Interesting reading I the Addy re Flats recruits. Played against Oswald years ago up home and was pretty dynamic but a little inconsistent. Also very interested in the part of the article referring to Shannon Broadbent. I reckon this may be the 3rd year in a row that he has stated his intention to sign with a country club only to pull out and stay in Melbourne

Interesting reading I the Addy re Flats recruits. Played against Oswald years ago up home and was pretty dynamic but a little inconsistent. Also very interested in the part of the article referring to Shannon Broadbent. I reckon this may be the 3rd year in a row that he has stated his intention to sign with a country club only to pull out and stay in Melbourne
Maybe he breaks up with Mitch hough after Christmas each year roota...
No in all seriousness it's make or break for flat this year, with their ins they should be looking at top 3

Maybe he breaks up with Mitch hough after Christmas each year roota...
No in all seriousness it's make or break for flat this year, with their ins they should be looking at top 3

TFS they didn't exactly finish last season on fire! and they have only added a few and from reports not great numbers on the track. They will need more than a few recruits to get to top 3, I think South have gone past them and only maybe EH look to have faulted?

I can't see them moving at all...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TFS they didn't exactly finish last season on fire! and they have only added a few and from reports not great numbers on the track. They will need more than a few recruits to get to top 3, I think South have gone past them and only maybe EH look to have faulted?

I can't see them moving at all...

I'd be surprised if the Flat didn't make the finals they made some nice additions to the list and Eaglehawk have slipped Golden Square the jury is out on but I don't think they will be any stronger and Kyneton have lost the cream of their side and I know they've recruited some players with good Footy CV's so we will wait and see how they come out. South will pick up a bit but they still have a fair bit of red tape to go through to get their star signing from Redan who is contracted. I thought Maryborough might have recruited well but don't seem to have done much at this point although Matt Johnson is a great player for them to get back.

I'd be surprised if the Flat didn't make the finals they made some nice additions to the list and Eaglehawk have slipped Golden Square the jury is out on but I don't think they will be any stronger and Kyneton have lost the cream of their side and I know they've recruited some players with good Footy CV's so we will wait and see how they come out. South will pick up a bit but they still have a fair bit of red tape to go through to get their star signing from Redan who is contracted. I thought Maryborough might have recruited well but don't seem to have done much at this point although Matt Johnson is a great player for them to get back.
Who have they recruited from Redan, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

That's him Horbury said to be a very good player. Was locked in a similar battle going from North Ballarat VFL to Redan last year. You seen him Jet?
He was one of the better players running around in our comp imo. He should be a pretty good pick up.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Hey I was just reading the O&M Blog and its mentioned that a Full Forward by name of Chris Ryan was going to Wodonga Raiders but now going to Golden Square !
Anybody know of him ?

Hey I was just reading the O&M Blog and its mentioned that a Full Forward by name of Chris Ryan was going to Wodonga Raiders but now going to Golden Square !
Anybody know of him ?
Not sure that he is a full forward. Is originally from Tatura and played last year on the Gold coast with Labrador. Represented Queensland last year.

Anybody know of him ?
Product of Tatura played in the 2012 premiership ,Tall can play both ends great hands and can kick a footy a long way

Read the Addy article with Jason Stevens about the points system very interesting. Strath are working with less points and have added plenty of recruits in so it will be interesting too see come early in the season if they have near on a full list if they will have players sitting out because they can fit them in points wise.

Read the Addy article with Jason Stevens about the points system very interesting. Strath are working with less points and have added plenty of recruits in so it will be interesting too see come early in the season if they have near on a full list if they will have players sitting out because they can fit them in points wise.

I agree it will be very interesting re the points. I know of one team (not in BFNL) that has already told it's recruits that they will be having 3-4 weeks off during the year due to the points.

What happen during the finals? Do you pay your player when they don't play? or do you pay them to play 2's?

If I'm one of those players I'm not going without because you can't get under the points?

Back