Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing of note as been away
but interesting on Jugga Stevens comment in the paper the other day that still a possible 2 key signings
Had heard on a VFL quality midfielder waiting on employment but no names
At a guess 2 more signings would clearly give us a better list than last year taking into account departures
Numbers great at training last night

Nothing of note as been away
but interesting on Jugga Stevens comment in the paper the other day that still a possible 2 key signings
Had heard on a VFL quality midfielder waiting on employment but no names
At a guess 2 more signings would clearly give us a better list than last year taking into account departures
Numbers great at training last night

Yeah Flat should firmly have finals in their sights it would seem. Id say 5 or so teams under Strath would be expecting to be stronger this Season and Golden Square look to have recruited really well. Does anyone know what Strath have actually gained and lost?

Strath lost a whole reserves side haha. Their B&F didn't get a senior gig all year. That's the nature of the beast when your such a strong team I suppose

I think you may have been looking at the wrong scores. The BJFL actually won the Goldfields Trophy this year.
Under 16's who play against 16.5's did lose and the Under 12's lost as well. The Under 13's, 14's and 15's all won and the Girls also won.
Scores: Under 16 Bendigo 2.2 -14 lost to Ballarat Under 16.5 15.8 - 98
Under 15 Bendigo 10.8 - 68 beat Ballarat 9 .9 - 63
Under 14 Bendigo 13.4 - 82 beat Ballarat 4. 10 - 35
Under 13 Bendigo 13.10- 88 beat Ballarat 1.5-11
Under 12 Bendigo 3.6 - 24 lost to Ballarat 9.6- 60
Youth Girls Bendigo 8.11 - 59 beat Ballarat 3.0 - 18

as it says in those results there in that age bracket Ballarat play U/16.5 years against Bendigo's U/16s and generally win that bracket. Noticeable size difference on the day too.

Last edited:
as it says in those results there in that age bracket Ballarat play U/16.5 years against Bendigo's U/16s and generally win that bracket. Noticeable size difference on the day too.
Surely there's more to talk about in the league then underage interleague results?
Any new recruits landed in town? Heard a whisper the GS are pretty happy with their pick ups, my mail had about 9 new faces, someone from Tatura and a CHF from Adelaide way! Sorry I don't have much more info on it!

Surely there's more to talk about in the league then underage interleague results?
Any new recruits landed in town? Heard a whisper the GS are pretty happy with their pick ups, my mail had about 9 new faces, someone from Tatura and a CHF from Adelaide way! Sorry I don't have much more info on it!

CHF from the SANFL.....will make things interesting

Maxy boy mentioned SANFL and when it comes to things Golden Square he will know

Squares team sounds like it will be stronger than the last couple of their flag teams so there will be some competition for the Storm. We hope to be contending again but we might have work cut out to be neck a neck with these two.
K/Flat the dark horse hey Crow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squares team sounds like it will be stronger than the last couple of their flag teams so there will be some competition for the Storm. We hope to be contending again but we might have work cut out to be neck a neck with these two.
K/Flat the dark horse hey Crow?
Dark Horse ???
Club looking to push top teams as we did to Strath and Dragons late in the year
If we can start at that level that we finished last year ( except last game) and improve more then who knows
Club is hell bent on gaining respect around the league and doing it is a sustainable way

Maxy boy mentioned SANFL and when it comes to things Golden Square he will know
Roota,
Any names yet ?
Daryl Wilson & Jugga have also heard the rumour but don't have a name
Could be all smoke and mirrors ??

With clearances now open The Square lead the race with 1 out and 8 in
not sure about quality
good to see a few going to Castlemaine

not sure about quality

The three players from WRFL are good senior players from Spotswood who are consistently playing in the big game at the end of the year. Will improve Castlemaine for sure.

not sure about quality

The three players from WRFL are good senior players from Spotswood who are consistently playing in the big game at the end of the year. Will improve Castlemaine for sure.

Yeah thats good news for Castlemaine they should pick up a bit on the back of that Western Region is a solid comp and as you said Spotswood have been a top dog.

What did everyone think of Nick Howe from South this year? Heard he has left pretty big loss i reckon

Back