• Poll closed .

fifth quarter

Team Captain
Jun 4, 2006
Time keepers' box
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
NUMBER 4 is correct fly
Bit harsh to say just a battler One late season round saw Howe moved onto Rinaldi out @ the Flat and he did OK
South is really going 2 miss Rory Alexander who is leaving to go to Ess. DFL (from memory)
Returning to that Flat game Alexander was South's main go-to man up forward.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
NUMBER 4 is correct fly
Bit harsh to say just a battler One late season round saw Howe moved onto Rinaldi out @ the Flat and he did OK
South is really going 2 miss Rory Alexander who is leaving to go to Ess. DFL (from memory)
Returning to that Flat game Alexander was South's main go-to man up forward.

Howe got in the best twice for the Season in a side that won the spoon I think the battler tag isnt outrageous. South are in some big trouble though I think hopefully theyve got a few good recruits too give them a chance of winning a few games to start the rebuild.

velvet sledge

Debutant
Sep 13, 2008
office
AFL Club
Essendon
Howe got in the best twice for the Season in a side that won the spoon I think the battler tag isnt outrageous. South are in some big trouble though I think hopefully theyve got a few good recruits too give them a chance of winning a few games to start the rebuild.

Nick missed 7 weeks with an ankle injury which turned out to be an unhealed fracture. South never saw nick's best, but have stated they would have him back anytime. He is returning to Deni to play a season with his brother before that brother leaves for uni. After that he will return to bfl footy as he works in Bendigo. I would hold off on that judgement until then.

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kalangadoo, Mitta United, Greta
Looking for peoples thoughts about pre season games
Should you play against a better standard and try to elevate your list to better standard but possibly get smashed
Play a lower standard team and work on structures but has the potential to become just a training drill
Or find something similar...but very hard to find a match up that suits
your thoughts

AlburyE

Team Captain
Jun 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking for peoples thoughts about pre season games
Should you play against a better standard and try to elevate your list to better standard but possibly get smashed
Play a lower standard team and work on structures but has the potential to become just a training drill
Or find something similar...but very hard to find a match up that suits
your thoughts

In any sport you improve by playing someone better than you.

fleetwood

Rookie
Nov 15, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
howe back at deni and goes well when not injured. Whelan returning to deni also but not up to this standard and may struggle at home . young trotman staying and was pick of the group.

BendigoBoy23

Rookie
Apr 23, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Storm has just announced the signing of former AFL and Sandringham Zebras player David Gallagher. He would be getting a little long in the tooth now but will no doubt have a big impact on the competition.

I have on good authority they have another couple of big name recruits yet to be announced as well. It seems as if the top few teams have improved with maybe the exception of Sandhurst who will field a fairly similar side to last year.

Thoughts?

BendigoBoy23

Rookie
Apr 23, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting to also note I have been told by a Storm person that Milne and Baker will play just enough games to qualify and will play elsewhere throughout the season. That surely brings the Storm back to the pack a little?

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Interesting to also note I have been told by a Storm person that Milne and Baker will play just enough games to qualify and will play elsewhere throughout the season. That surely brings the Storm back to the pack a little?
Not sure about bakers loss but to take a percentage of 100 goals out of your forward line that will need to be replaced

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Storm has just announced the signing of former AFL and Sandringham Zebras player David Gallagher. He would be getting a little long in the tooth now but will no doubt have a big impact on the competition.

I have on good authority they have another couple of big name recruits yet to be announced as well. It seems as if the top few teams have improved with maybe the exception of Sandhurst who will field a fairly similar side to last year.

Thoughts?
Also heard Gallagher has shopped himself around to a couple of other BFL clubs...Storm highest bidder

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I heard Bartholomew was 100% after only playing handful of games last year so could be a handy replacement forward as well. Was Mildren also injured early last year? '

I still think they will head the pack and the rest are chasing.

Bush Fly

Club Legend
Oct 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I heard Bartholomew was 100% after only playing handful of games last year so could be a handy replacement forward as well. Was Mildren also injured early last year? '

I still think they will head the pack and the rest are chasing.

Flag favs for sure are the storm I think they would have a great game against gvfl favs Benalla. GG how do you rate the boys Square got from Tatura Sullivan and Miller I think it is? Square are likely to be improved too from what I hear.

BendigoBoy23

Rookie
Apr 23, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Also heard Gallagher has shopped himself around to a couple of other BFL clubs...Storm highest bidder

Yeah I also heard kangaroo flat and another team were in discussions with a VFL gun so I assume it was him? Maybe Storm offered him the opportunity to win games and a flag which Kangaroo Flat could not sometimes that is better than cash.

Weedster

Team Captain
Oct 4, 2006
Bayside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Starts to be an issue when the shopping around goes on throughout the season. Have to question the priorities

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Flag favs for sure are the storm I think they would have a great game against gvfl favs Benalla. GG how do you rate the boys Square got from Tatura Sullivan and Miller I think it is? Square are likely to be improved too from what I hear.

Definitely straight into their top numbers 5-10.
They will be working in more confined spaces as Wade St isn't close to the size of Tat but they will get used to it. Really solid pickups player wise.

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Definitely straight into their top numbers 5-10.
They will be working in more confined spaces as Wade St isn't close to the size of Tat but they will get used to it. Really solid pickups player wise.

Adds weight to the theory that Square are a flag chance then.
Crow looking at the Addy website Im not sure if you guys are in front or behind list wise on your gains and departures? what do you think?

Back