Jun 7, 2011
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Cosmo,
not sure what your beef is but you love not rating the Flat
Yeah their doing hard at the moment and the list is being tested as any list would with what they are going through
Don't expect the Flat to push top 4 sides at the moment but with a full list in the second half of the year I would expect some well done's from you to the Flat when they get a couple of scalps

This is a forum where people post their opinions. Mine is that Flat are no go and the results so far this year would back that up, not to mention their results seem to be getting worse - it maybe be because of injury and I hope for flat supporters it turns around but I don't see it happening

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kalangadoo, Mitta United, Greta
This is a forum where people post their opinions. Mine is that Flat are no go and the results so far this year would back that up, not to mention their results seem to be getting worse - it maybe be because of injury and I hope for flat supporters it turns around but I don't see it happening
My opinion as I said
lets have another look in the second half of the year

razor ray

Debutant
Nov 6, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Richmond
cosmo might have a real, valid point crow
flat was pathetic after 1/4 time, sat.night
if hurst had have kicked straighter, final margin mite have been close to 100 pts.
i would say they are flat track bullies --- and not so much bullies after just scraping past maine and maryb
let's just call them 'survivors' they need big lambden on the park to give langy a chop-out

hilux98

Debutant
Aug 12, 2008
gunbower
AFL Club
Richmond
if hurst had have kicked straighter, final margin mite have been close to 100 pts.
i would say they are flat track bullies --- and not so much bullies after just scraping past maine and maryb
let's just call them 'survivors' they need big lambden on the park to give langy a chop-out[/QUOT
let's just call them 'survivors' they need big lambden on the park to give langy a chop-out

Yes have to be realistic, Sandhurst missed some easy goals and really should have kicked 30 goals plus if they had their kicking boots on

Bgo Crow

Senior List
Aug 30, 2013
Home in Iso
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kalangadoo, Mitta United, Greta
There's got to be real pressure on sharp, jugga and adamson with some results this year. Wonder if the giesch is getting toey to dip his toes back into coaching at the kennel
Don't think so
I spoke to Giesch last year down at Gissy as know him from his Wodonga days
he is helping out on some match days but happy at just that

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don't think so
I spoke to Giesch last year down at Gissy as know him from his Wodonga days
he is helping out on some match days but happy at just that

Crowy who is messing from the Flat side and how long will they be out?
The progress that was made last year looks in danger of going down the drain to a certain extent. I must admit that when Clohesys Lagoon Frost etc moved on at the start of the year I didn't think the list would be better than year but early days still.

Cosmo21

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2011
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Mary v SQ - Another thumping 150 - 200 points SQ have plenty of players who help them win by more not necessarily win!
Flat v Sth - I don't rate flat (haha), longtime since Sth would have won two in a row? Toss of the coin and will depend on how many Flat get back this week
Gizzy v Hawk - both clubs would be smarting from last weekend (and Sunday morning) I still think Gizzy are on the slide, Hawk by 5-8 goals
KY v Strath - Strath by 10 goals, KY have been up and down so far
Hurst v Maine - Maine clearly improving but not enough

hilux98

Debutant
Aug 12, 2008
gunbower
AFL Club
Richmond
Mary v SQ - Another thumping 150 - 200 points SQ have plenty of players who help them win by more not necessarily win!
Flat v Sth - I don't rate flat (haha), longtime since Sth would have won two in a row? Toss of the coin and will depend on how many Flat get back this week
Gizzy v Hawk - both clubs would be smarting from last weekend (and Sunday morning) I still think Gizzy are on the slide, Hawk by 5-8 goals
KY v Strath - Strath by 10 goals, KY have been up and down so far
Hurst v Maine - Maine clearly improving but not enough

Maine improving? kicked a total of 4 goals between their Seniors,Reserves and Thirds, yep lots of improvement there!

Cosmo21

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2011
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Maine improving? kicked a total of 4 goals between their Seniors,Reserves and Thirds, yep lots of improvement there!

And you wonder why no one posts on this board! Clearly they didn't have a good day out, I would suggest that all of Maine's results leading up to the weekend would say that they are moving forward. Why not give us some insight into the game? or just some general views on the league??

BendigoBoy23

Rookie
Apr 23, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
And you wonder why no one posts on this board! Clearly they didn't have a good day out, I would suggest that all of Maine's results leading up to the weekend would say that they are moving forward. Why not give us some insight into the game? or just some general views on the league??

AGREED. Maine on the improve although this weekends result wouldn't indicate that as much as previous weeks but I dont think anyone can doubt they're heading in the right direction and could be one of those teams in the conversation for 5th spot at this point in the season.

BendigoBoy23

Rookie
Apr 23, 2012
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Good to see young Lachlan Ross added to the interleague squad, he would have to be one of my favourite players running around this season. I dont see how Pilcher and Donaldson of Strathfieldsaye aren't at least in the squad. I am bias as I see a lot of Storm games but I would have thought the Premiership winning Ruck and CHB would get a look in. Looks as if the deph of the interleague team may be tested with a lot un available. Anyone want to have a crack at picking the team?

hilux98

Debutant
Aug 12, 2008
gunbower
AFL Club
Richmond

Sorry no offence intended,my observations was intended as a comment on the League as a whole,totally lopsided, and yes The Maine have improved from last year but the BFL has big problems with the growing gap between the top half of the competition and the remainder.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry no offence intended,my observations was intended as a comment on the League as a whole,totally lopsided, and yes The Maine have improved from last year but the BFL has big problems with the growing gap between the top half of the competition and the remainder.
Castlemaine are in a good place compared with poor old maryborough, who I can't see ever being able to contain and recruit players like they did in the 90's and early 2000's.
I am surprised with gisborne's early form as they have a good core to work with and some exciting youngsters. They looked good in the first quarter I saw against square, Knox and Sonogan are quality forwards their ruck stocks look good with waters and a young green ruck number 29 has real potential and rooth has to be one of the best young mids in the league, but I don't know what has occurred in the last 2 weeks, maybe instead of a 6am training it's time for a Malcolm blight bring your runners to training and jog down to the pub for a couple of beers as the 6am training didn't work.

What will the hubs recommendations be for the league to break the lopsideness of the league?

Dragon Fly

All Australian
Dec 19, 2008
Under the QEO stand
AFL Club
Adelaide
Castlemaine are in a good place compared with poor old maryborough, who I can't see ever being able to contain and recruit players like they did in the 90's and early 2000's.
I am surprised with gisborne's early form as they have a good core to work with and some exciting youngsters. They looked good in the first quarter I saw against square, Knox and Sonogan are quality forwards their ruck stocks look good with waters and a young green ruck number 29 has real potential and rooth has to be one of the best young mids in the league, but I don't know what has occurred in the last 2 weeks, maybe instead of a 6am training it's time for a Malcolm blight bring your runners to training and jog down to the pub for a couple of beers as the 6am training didn't work.

What will the hubs recommendations be for the league to break the lopsideness of the league?

Im surprised as well Trent they nearly had us in the Prelim last year but are easy pickings at the moment. Could be their worst finish since entering the Bendigo League.

You talk about the Hubs Recommendations for bridging the gap between the top and bottom teams and Im sure it would be based around the points system and without knowing how the criteria will look for it id suggest that it would put a dint in the model that Strath run as they recruit heavily from outside each season. Not knocking the Strath model because it has been successful but I do think they it would need to change under a policed points system. Not sure it would help Kyneton either but most others would appear fine. Maryborough need to get in a position to have the majority of the local talent in the area playing with them and for a start that might mean fundraising hard to lift their budget somewhat and then when the results have improved and hopefully finals are on the menu then the tide will turn and more from the MCDFL will want to come in to have a crack at a Bendigo League flag. Adam Hurse and Lachie Edwards etc playing out at Carisbrook is an example of their problems.

Even though they would be disappointed with Sunday Castlemaine should get 6 to 7 wins to show some decent improvement on last year to keep their rebuild going forward.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Im surprised as well Trent they nearly had us in the Prelim last year but are easy pickings at the moment. Could be their worst finish since entering the Bendigo League.

You talk about the Hubs Recommendations for bridging the gap between the top and bottom teams and Im sure it would be based around the points system and without knowing how the criteria will look for it id suggest that it would put a dint in the model that Strath run as they recruit heavily from outside each season. Not knocking the Strath model because it has been successful but I do think they it would need to change under a policed points system. Not sure it would help Kyneton either but most others would appear fine. Maryborough need to get in a position to have the majority of the local talent in the area playing with them and for a start that might mean fundraising hard to lift their budget somewhat and then when the results have improved and hopefully finals are on the menu then the tide will turn and more from the MCDFL will want to come in to have a crack at a Bendigo League flag. Adam Hurse and Lachie Edwards etc playing out at Carisbrook is an example of their problems.

Even though they would be disappointed with Sunday Castlemaine should get 6 to 7 wins to show some decent improvement on last year to keep their rebuild going forward.

Just looking at the addy and westy's article regarding to the points system which was interesting,
in my opinion the points system has to be adopted by all teams within Victoria, with metro clubs to have 25 points, regional cities with a university 30 points, regional cities like shepp, wang, Traralgon 35 points and other teams in between should be judged by their distance from regional centres and melbourne and the number of students at their primary and secondary schools. and whether those numbers and declining or growing
My points sytem would go along the line of:
Locals 1 point
minor league 2 points
major league 4
state 5
afl 6
and any rival club player within the same league who has played more then 12 games in the ones the previous year 7 points, if they have played for the club for 10 years or more the points go down to 3.
Each club can sign 1 marquee player whos points are not added. The player is registered on the vcfl website and has to stay at the club for a minimum 2 years
Only 2 juniors from a minor league can be cleared to a major league team each year to stop major leagues poaching the best minor league players to keep their points low
Points reviewed for each team every 3 years.
This may give more clubs the ability to recruit players without competing with one another and pushes more metro players to the country clubs for the lure of cash as the metro clubs do not have enough points to have 4-5 ex afl players and players going to clubs to win grand finals making uneven leagues

Back