Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be a big mass exodus from one of the closer in Bendigo Club's next season too. A number heading to Inglewood in Loddon Valley League, one heading home to Rochester and another to the Goulburn Valley.Wedderburn snooping around same club too.

Hi all, Yes I finally show face on here after a long period of absence, in the ultimate week of BFNL footy this year.

Good luck to all teams on the weekend, especially my mob from Tannery Lane. It is pleasing to see that the a club that was born from nothing 7 yeas ago, having all of their football and netball sides in this year's finals series at some stage. Remarkable effort that !

Special mention to the A grade girls contesting in their first ever GF against a strong GS side. Hoping the girls can take to the big stage on the day and cause an upset. Well done to Barto Leahy in getting the Under 18's playing inspiring football at the right time of year, in which should hold in good stead for tomorrow's big dance.

As for the main game, well I think last week the Dragon's showed they can fire when required, and although I'm tipping the Storm to go back to back, I think the match will be tighter than what many would have expected a few weeks ago. Wasn't at the prelim, so can't comment on the performance of Sandhurst but if Daryl's boys are allowed to play their free flowing "run with" game, like they were allowed against the Square in the 2nd semi, then it will be all over at half time. However if Sandhurst's physicality and intensity that was applied to the Square side last week is brought to the match tomorrow, then I think it will be a tight encounter.

Good luck to your boys Dragon Fly, and may the best side on the day win !!!

Could be a big mass exodus from one of the closer in Bendigo Club's next season too. A number heading to Inglewood in Loddon Valley League, one heading home to Rochester and another to the Goulburn Valley.Wedderburn snooping around same club too.

I'm going to guess K'Flat?

I'm going to guess K'Flat?
My guess is Eaglehawk, based on the Rochy home comment. Could also be Sandhurst. Can't think of another BFL club that has Rochy boys.

Rootboy if you have this much specific knowledge of what is happening surely you could name the club.

My guess is Eaglehawk, based on the Rochy home comment. Could also be Sandhurst. Can't think of another BFL club that has Rochy boys.

The Rochy connection:

Eaglehawk = Sean Williams, Ben McPhee ( Collins boys can come closer to home to if they want)
Sandhurst = Ben Anderson, Brodie Montague ( Not sure Ben will play too many more years.Happy for him and Brodie to come back even for 1 -2 years)
Golden Square = Sam Frawley , Tim Letcher (Both were playing a mixture of 1sts and 2nds at Rochy.)

I can't think of others at any other BFL clubs.

I'll take a guess and say Eaglehawk as Sean has a brother still playing at Rochy and his family is heavily involved in the club still. Sean has been at both Rochy finals and would be good to get some talent back that has left for various reasons in the last few years.

The Rochy connection:

Eaglehawk = Sean Williams, Ben McPhee ( Collins boys can come closer to home to if they want)
Sandhurst = Ben Anderson, Brodie Montague ( Not sure Ben will play too many more years.Happy for him and Brodie to come back even for 1 -2 years)
Golden Square = Sam Frawley , Tim Letcher (Both were playing a mixture of 1sts and 2nds at Rochy.)

I can't think of others at any other BFL clubs.

I'll take a guess and say Eaglehawk as Sean has a brother still playing at Rochy and his family is heavily involved in the club still. Sean has been at both Rochy finals and would be good to get some talent back that has left for various reasons in the last few years.
I am hearing Sean Williams and Ben McPhee both heading home to Rochy.

Just on Collins or any coach for that matter. Is a playing coach the way to go. Non playing seems to be the trend in the BFL?
Interesting point regarding non-playing coaches Roota. As of last weekend in the GVFL Rochy, Seymour, Benalla and Kyabram as the four remaining clubs in finals all have playing Coaches with bench coaches as appropriate. Ky had Sherman with Kenny Sheldon on bench. Rochy with Flaherty and Daniel Schmidt on bench. Not sure about the other two bench coaches but sure they are there.

Fair bit of work to be done down the highway with a mass exodus put on hold whilst the coach tries to work through some issues with their best players to stop more heading into the rdfl. Both tough these days but better to keep players than face the battle of replacing them!

Bit of work to do for sure !
Hearing waters to macedon along with summerfield and scott walsh and his brother tim heading to riddells creek.

Add into that mix quite a few of the younger boys who are looking at other options.

Lets hope they sort out these issues as no one likes to see a team decimated with so many departures from the senior side in one year.

Could well be. My sources who tipped Maddern,Sidebottom and Warfe to Mitiamo well before story broke haven't let me down yet , and I'm told another very well credentialed player exiting same club for the GV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big news out of gisborne with their coach stepping down.
Damage done must have been to great to deal with, wonder if the players mentioned who were leaving will stick around now ?

Back