bendigo football league under 18 competition

Remove this Banner Ad

mr_blonde

Rookie
Jul 6, 2007
ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
we've reached the halfway point of the season... what is everyones thoughts so far? whose the favourites for the flag/ wooden spoon and which teams have surprised? would have to say south bendigo have surprised me the most this year, play very well together as a team even if they may not have the individual talent of the top four sides

we've reached the halfway point of the season... what is everyones thoughts so far? whose the favourites for the flag/ wooden spoon and which teams have surprised? would have to say south bendigo have surprised me the most this year, play very well together as a team even if they may not have the individual talent of the top four sides
kyneton will win the flag!!!!!

Good to see that the square boys got up over the slagheads thirds yesterday, as an ex square thirds player there is nothing better than beating sandhurst in Under 18's after Benny Dyett goes out and recruits all the (so called) best players.

Clearly Eaglehawk have the team 2 win the flag, there team is unstopabble on n e day.. there team works real well 2 gether and have the toughness and skill 2 win any game, there mid feild of Lewis,Threlfall,Gregg,Geary and u/18 best fairest winner Jacobs are running a muck, but then there is the likes of Craig,Bravo.Pianto,Arnott and Tibbett are going well.. can anyone stop them?

Clearly Eaglehawk have the team 2 win the flag, there team is unstopabble on n e day.. there team works real well 2 gether and have the toughness and skill 2 win any game, there mid feild of Lewis,Threlfall,Gregg,Geary and u/18 best fairest winner Jacobs are running a muck, but then there is the likes of Craig,Bravo.Pianto,Arnott and Tibbett are going well.. can anyone stop them?
Being able to see roughly 3 qrts of under 18 football everyweek it appears the compitition is even in the top 5 to me... Eaglehawk i'd agree are the front runners but with the business end of the season approaching teams are going to get their full sides on the track... don't rule out north city who have some quailty players to come in...as do sandhurst...thumbs up to you young bloke who start way to early for my likeing

mate north beat e'hawk by 12 goals the first time the 2 teams met... then north lost to g'square by a similar margin a few weeks back... the competition is so unpredicatable as there have been players going in and out of sides week in week out up until now, would expect to see the real contenders start to excel in the coming weeks with all sides getting close to full strength

yesterday north defeated e'hawk by a goal and tbh were very lucky to get that close with the city boys having 5 more scoring shots... look out sandhurst next week these boys are hitting form at the right end of the season

s'hurst, e'hawk, gissy, city and square make up the top 5... extremely even finals series ahead, hard to pick a clear cut favourite

city smashed square by 100 points on sun with 2 of there best players out (saunders and lyle) if they can play like they did against square and keep a full team together they will be very hard to stop

sandhurst under 18s look like being stronger than ever. star players from loddon valley under 17s anthony dennis and nick white have been rumored to be heading that way. also have a lot of starts from last year still playing such as owen hone, nic arthur and mark arnott. those 3 are also likely to play pioneers tho.

i think the way ben dyett operates his team can turn players off going to his club.although players that are confident in themsleves ( usually better players) are attracted to the club. i think the teams like e'hawk and square are now in as good if not better position then sandhurst for moving onto bigger things for the next couple of years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the way ben dyett operates his team can turn players off going to his club.although players that are confident in themsleves ( usually better players) are attracted to the club. i think the teams like e'hawk and square are now in as good if not better position then sandhurst for moving onto bigger things for the next couple of years
not if you sign with sandhurst as well young guns haha:thumbsu:;)

well i think that would be a bit hipicritical of me acer after all the crap i've been throwing at sandhurst through the yr. dyett would have to be very convincing to get me out there

He just takes premiership photos to blokes he tries to recruit, nearly every slaghead U18 i have spoken to in the last 5 years say he can't coach at all

Hi Guys there is a Pre-Season Nightseries being at Stanhope from March 14th for 3rd eighteen teams. It's a great way to warm up for the new season and there is Division 1 which will consist of teams from Major Leagues including Goulburn Valley, Bendigo and Murray leagues.
Games will be played Friday nights and Sunday Twilight. All teams will have 2 Preliminary matches with clubs finishing 1st and 2nd playing off in the Grand Final. Prize money for Div 1 is $1,000 for 1st place and $500 for second.

He just takes premiership photos to blokes he tries to recruit, nearly every slaghead U18 i have spoken to in the last 5 years say he can't coach at all

mate thats bullshit.. im an ex U18 slaghead as you say and there is a reason ben dyetts team always find success. Its no secret he recruits hard but which team doesn't? There are now clubs going to kids at sandhurst talking trash about dyett trying to steal his kids.
He is the best coach i have played under and i have played under many coaches at a higher standard. sets good training drills which influence the way the team plays.
to say he cant coach is a ridiculous statement!

mate thats bullshit.. im an ex U18 slaghead as you say and there is a reason ben dyetts team always find success. Its no secret he recruits hard but which team doesn't? There are now clubs going to kids at sandhurst talking trash about dyett trying to steal his kids.
He is the best coach i have played under and i have played under many coaches at a higher standard. sets good training drills which influence the way the team plays.
to say he cant coach is a ridiculous statement!

Fair enough GG, i am just going by what i have been told by some very established players who played under him. I can't say from personal experience as i was never coached by him but from what i've been told i am not missing out on much. Also had blokes tell me he brought premiership photos around to his house when he was trying to poach them. Think we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one mate.

that's alright im just saying from my personal experience he has been by far the best.
think your right there agree to disagree.

Bendigo league teams get on board the Stanhope 3rds Night series and take on the best teams from the GVFL $1,000 up for grabs for first place great facilities. Fridays and Sundays the comp will be played and it is set to be red hot.

The home and away games are almost over, anyone got any tips or opinions at the moment.

Sandhurst were written off at the start of the year, but belted the two bottom side by huge margins, and followed up with a belting of South Bendigo by the biggest margin they've been beatin by yet. Their team is actually TEAM operated this year rather than a bunch of big heads with a bit of skill trying to win a game on their own like in previous years.

Eaglehawk still appear to be favourites, but the rest of the league appear to catching up fast, with Golden Square beating them by 5 points, and Kangaroo Flat goin down by just 1 point.

Who do you think will make the 5? Kyneton? or will South hold on to the 5th spot?
1.Eaglehawk 2.Golden Square 3. Sandhurst 4.Kangaroo Flat 5. South Bdgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back