Politics Benefits of mining in Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are Ok, great.

Care to produce some of your own numbers or links rather than abuse?

I have put forward some high level numbers to normalise the various tax regimes to compare to norway. Care to participate in a discussion or are you only capable of silliness?
You haven't been abused you've been put in your place by myself and others for constantly fabricating.

Last edited:

You should quit while you are behind. I haven't seen a hiding like this since the umps were unleashed at Subi on Saturday night! ;)

The Kiss of Death it appears from you Lebbo73. Hows that god of yours going and your defence of you receiving welfare for your religious beliefs?

http://www.minerals.org.au/file_upload/files/publications/RichardsonC_Mining_tax_ratios_FINAL.pdf

this one also agrees with my sums

page 15 - 40-50% over a sustained period.

http://www.minerals.org.au/resources/coal/taxes_and_royalties

same with this one

waiting for melt down or the look over there or the immaterial detail or the...........

As Ratts of Tobruk has previously mentioned your a known fabricating on these boards.

You have no idea what your linking too do you PR, but you have Lebbo73 in your corner! :eek:

None of the links support your claim that Australian mining Risk Free rate of return is 40%. A rate you established through adding the 30% corporate tax rate with the 10% GST. Simply clueless but you have Lebbo "the kiss of death"73 backing you. :(

Neither does any of your links support your claim that you can simply say a 10% royalty rate converts into a 10% profit based royality. As I have told you and now your little mate Lebbo73, one is the payments to a community for extracting a non-renewable resource whilst the other is an accounting process calculated after the äll in cost"of processing the resources.
Oh and Lebbo73 this is the thread your looking for; http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-god-question.885882/page-566

As Ratts of Tobruk has previously mentioned your a known fabricating on these boards.

You have no idea what your linking too do you PR, but you have Lebbo73 in your corner! :eek:

None of the links support your claim that Australian mining Risk Free rate of return is 40%. A rate you established through adding the 30% corporate tax rate with the 10% GST. Simply clueless but you have Lebbo "the kiss of death"73 backing you. :(

Neither does any of your links support your claim that you can simply say a 10% royalty rate converts into a 10% profit based royality. As I have told you and now your little mate Lebbo73, one is the payments to a community for extracting a non-renewable resource whilst the other is an accounting process calculated after the äll in cost"of processing the resources.
Oh and Lebbo73 this is the thread your looking for; http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-god-question.885882/page-566

well done

at of that; to dispute a calculation methodology and saying it couldn't be done. Only to find out it could, it had and I was a few % out.

giggle

well done

at of that; to dispute a calculation methodology and saying it couldn't be done. Only to find out it could, it had and I was a few % out.

giggle

You haven't shown me your calculation on how you have converted a 10% royalty rate into a 10% profit based royality. Provide your calculations here or is it another case of you trashing another thread?

Why did you establish a Risk Free rate of return as 40% by simply adding the 30% corporate tax rate with the 10% GST? Do you even know what the Risk Free Rate of Return is and how it is calculated? Hint it has something to do with the rate of return for which there is no chance of earning anything less than expected; i.e. Treasury debt.

Last edited:
You haven't shown me your calculation on how you have converted a 10% royalty rate into a 10% profit based royality. Provide your calculations here or is it another case of you trashing another thread?

Why did you establish a Risk Free rate of return as 40% by simply adding the 30% corporate tax rate with the 10% GST? Do you even know what the Risk Free Rate of Return is and how it is calculated? Hint it has something to do with the rate of return for which there is no chance of earning anything less than expected; i.e. Treasury debt.

giggle, you must have been a little too emotional when you read this

http://www.minerals.org.au/file_upload/files/publications/RichardsonC_Mining_tax_ratios_FINAL.pdf

oh and the definition of risk free can be applied to the 40-50% rate as there is no capital at risk

Last edited:
What are these so-called tax breaks?

capital investment costs which equals depreciation on infrastructure and a fuel tax rebate for off road use which is apparently a subsidy

its just fools trying to fool fools

(Log in to remove this ad.)

capital investment costs which equals depreciation on infrastructure and a fuel tax rebate for off road use which is apparently a subsidy

its just fools trying to fool fools

So the same tax breaks which apply to every other industry.

I don't mind people arguing for higher rates of tax for mining companies, a 'greener' tax system etc. but people should at least stand behind their arguments.

If you want mining companies, oil companies etc. to lose their 'fuel subsidy' you're just arguing that the fuel excise rebate rules be applied differently to them compared to other industries. Simple. Calling it 'mining subsidies' and so on just makes people ignore your argument altogether.

So the same tax breaks which apply to every other industry.

I don't mind people arguing for higher rates of tax for mining companies, a 'greener' tax system etc. but people should at least stand behind their arguments.

If you want mining companies, oil companies etc. to lose their 'fuel subsidy' you're just arguing that the fuel excise rebate rules be applied differently to them compared to other industries. Simple. Calling it 'mining subsidies' and so on just makes people ignore your argument altogether.

yep

my favourite is the term ""generous" depreciation deductions" used by those with a not so hidden agenda. As soon as I hear that, I know the article has a biased agenda and probably never taken the risk of capital works investment.

a really good cost curve to explain what is happening

upload_2015-11-27_22-36-12.gif

look at that supply increase....look how far Vale has been pushed out to the right despite decreasing its cost by ~40%. it puts BHP, RIO, FMG and price into perspective.

I'm not sure what your suggesting here, should the government keep supporting uncompetitive businesses? Because generally that's the argument used by many against government support for renewables.

not suggesting anything. but the graph highlights the demand hasn't decreased, rather supply and market forces are doing their job.

exactly....

who is suggesting supporting an industry that is operating very healthily within the natural cycle of the market?

lower metal and energy prices are a good thing for the global economy

who is suggesting supporting an industry that is operating very healthily within the natural cycle of the market?

lower metal and energy prices are a good thing for the global economy
Yep high prices was a bad thing. It's just we were lucky to benefit at the expense of everyone else. Lower prices is better for the world.

Yep high prices was a bad thing. It's just we were lucky to benefit at the expense of everyone else. Lower prices is better for the world.

Its interesting to see the time taken for the supply to meet changes in demand for each commodity. Copper, lead and zinc seems to have a relatively quick response but iron ore took a decade.

All Howard did was buy the Libs these two terms in government that they are currently enjoying, Tony Abbott based a good part of his 2013 election campaign around the fact that so many of shadow cabinet had served under Howard. Now that the public have woken up to the fact that once the money runs out the Libs see you as an expendable commodity they will be punished at the ballot box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back