List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Would happily give Schade first crack at that position in the backline, felt he was good at points of last year, a good 3 tall cover. Keogh would be a chance if Schadey doesn't settle early.

I assume by your posting that you rate Keogh (rookie) above Leslie (full list).

I rate Leslie as a KPD and an alternative to May and Thompson :) but I won't lie, I forgot about Leslie.

No worries Kreglze as there are lots of new names on the list.

My rating of the KPD's in order are May, Thompson, Schade, Leslie and Keogh. However this can change in the blink of an eye due to form/injury.

I just think it is harsh on Leslie to be rated behind Keogh especially as Keogh is yet to play a senior AFL game.

Interestingly both Keogh and Leslie are out of contract in 2016.

No worries Kreglze as there are lots of new names on the list.

My rating of the KPD's in order are May, Thompson, Schade, Leslie and Keogh. However this can change in the blink of an eye due to form/injury.

I just think it is harsh on Leslie to be rated behind Keogh especially as Keogh is yet to play a senior AFL game.

Interestingly both Keogh and Leslie are out of contract in 2016.

I don't find it harsh at all
Leslie was a ruckman when drafted.
Had a quick 20m sprint hence why Clayton thought he'd be a reasonable defender.
But had no idea how the project would work out.
Leslie to date. Isn't upto slandered.

Keough is the Fos Williams medallist in a senior competition.
Former winners inc.

Tony Modra
Andrew Jarmen
Stix Kernaham
Craig Bradely
Michael o'loughlin

To name a few.

Keough in my eyes already has more runs on the board.

I don't find it harsh at all
Leslie was a ruckman when drafted.
Had a quick 20m sprint hence why Clayton thought he'd be a reasonable defender.
But had no idea how the project would work out.
Leslie to date. Isn't upto slandered.

Keough is the Fos Williams medallist in a senior competition.
Former winners inc.

Tony Modra
Andrew Jarmen
Stix Kernaham
Craig Bradely
Michael o'loughlin

To name a few.

Keough in my eyes already has more runs on the board.

Hi BD

An excellent reply which is why I appreciate GCS BF posters whose opinions are solid and don't bag playerlys.

Apparently Keogh was a "forward" until 2014 when he switched to the backline and had a cracker of a season.

He has the size and hopefully he has an opportunity to showcase his "stuff" in 2016.

Last edited:
Hi BD

An excellent reply which is why I appreciate GCS BF posters whose opinions are solid and don't bag playerlys.

Apparently Keogh was a "forward" until 2014 when he switched to the backline and had a cracker of a season.

He has the size and hopefully he has an opportunity to showcase his "stuff" in 2016.

I'm learning not to bag players the club or our fellow BF friends.. :D

Not meaning to step on anyone's toes.. These are all just my opinions.

I'm learning not to bag players the club or our fellow BF friends.. :D

Not meaning to step on anyone's toes.. These are all just my opinions.

As I said I reckon you opinion is very solid and certainly is as valid as anyone on BF (including mine!)

If Keogh is half the player of the "listed 5 players" you might be onto a winner.

I never know what to think about Jack Leslie. At the start of the 2015 season, I had him as a smokey for top 5 in the Rising Star, mostly based on his impressive debut the previous year. Then Tom Hawkins kicked two goals on him in the first quarter of a NAB Challenge match. I cooled off on him pretty quickly. Then he had some pretty good NEAFL matches. I watched a NEAFL match where he looked like Harry Taylor, he was just marking everything. At AFL level. He had a really good game against Travis Cloke, where he held him to just the one goal. It seemed like I was the only Gold Coast fan who rated him. Then Jonathan Patton kicked seven goals on him in the ressies and he suffered a season-ending injury. I cooled off on him again.

I don't know what to think of this guy, he will either be a gun or a flop.

I never know what to think about Jack Leslie. At the start of the 2015 season, I had him as a smokey for top 5 in the Rising Star, mostly based on his impressive debut the previous year. Then Tom Hawkins kicked two goals on him in the first quarter of a NAB Challenge match. I cooled off on him pretty quickly. Then he had some pretty good NEAFL matches. I watched a NEAFL match where he looked like Harry Taylor, he was just marking everything. At AFL level. He had a really good game against Travis Cloke, where he held him to just the one goal. It seemed like I was the only Gold Coast fan who rated him. Then Jonathan Patton kicked seven goals on him in the ressies and he suffered a season-ending injury. I cooled off on him again.

I don't know what to think of this guy, he will either be a gun or a flop.

You'll know in 12months

Still too early on Leslie I think. As Ben said, give him another 12 months.

I feel much the same as you Phlanispo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand. There's a lot of expectation placed on new recruits (realistic or otherwise).

It's why Melbourne supporters were so, so hoping for Jack Watts to be a superstar. Or why Richmond supporters were so, so hoping for Tambling to be a superstar. Mind you, both players still proved to be valuable pick-ups, it's just that they never managed to reach the lofty expectations placed on them.

We're having similar 'meh, disappointing' reactions to some of our players, too. Some of them have really come along, though - look at May, absolute champion. Then you have blokes like Zac Smith who I honestly thought would be awesome by now, but he ended up being very 'meh' (serviceable, but obviously the expectations placed on him weren't met, hopefully he comes along at his new club, though).

Last edited:
With Leslie he needs to get his body right before people can judge him , played the 2 senior games and 8 Reserve games last season , not a lot of footy for a position he has to grow into . You have to look at Schade , its taken him 5 years to string games in the seniors , Leslie is in his 2nd season. This particular position takes time and devolpment , very few players get drafted and excel straight away as a KPD.

Hey GCS supporters, can anyone shed any light on the pre season of Peter Wright? Will he be slotting into Best 22 soon alongside S.Day or is he still a little under ripe?

Also, you guys have a few academy players which I have inquired about before. Where do supporters see them rating by years end and the draft?
(Sorry if should be on other page)

All the best for the Suns in 2016
Cheers

Hey GCS supporters, can anyone shed any light on the pre season of Peter Wright? Will he be slotting into Best 22 soon alongside S.Day or is he still a little under ripe?

Also, you guys have a few academy players which I have inquired about before. Where do supporters see them rating by years end and the draft?
(Sorry if should be on other page)

All the best for the Suns in 2016
Cheers

I suspect Bowes will be a top 5-10 prospect and Scheer will slot somewhere inside the top 20-25.

Unsure on Marsden and Charlesworth but apparently also a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely this will be the 22 due to form/injury but I thought it worth a go!

Back Lemmens May Kolodjashnij
HB Schade Thompson Malceski
C Harbrow Swallow Shaw
HF Martin Lynch Miller
F Sexton Day Matera
Ruck Nichols Ablett Prestia
Int Hall Rosa O'Meara Rischitelli

Unlikely this will be the 22 due to form/injury but I thought it worth a go!

Back Lemmens May Kolodjashnij
HB Schade Thompson Malceski
C Harbrow Swallow Shaw
HF Martin Lynch Miller
F Sexton Day Matera
Ruck Nichols Ablett Prestia
Int Hall Rosa O'Meara Rischitelli
Its unlikely because Saad is not in and Shaw is in, otherwise I reckon its pretty close

Can anyone see Swallow during the year pushing to the half back line during games for a break and switching with someone like a Saad or Kolodjashnij depending on who could play on ball?

Can anyone see Swallow during the year pushing to the half back line during games for a break and switching with someone like a Saad or Kolodjashnij depending on who could play on ball?

Don't think so. I mean, he might return to his halfback position, but I don't imagine either Saad or Kolo would do much good on ball. Saad's signature run is useless when he is surrounded by blokes and can only take 3 steps before getting tackled. Kolo had his time in the middle last year and it didn't work out that great. Harbrow or Malceski will be better options, having played a lot of wing in 2014 and 2015 respectively. However, Swallow could play half-forward, and switch with Jack Martin quite easily.

Now considering the circumstances with Essendon for round one will we take the cautious approach with Jaeger, Dion and David and leave them out round 1 of the seniors and play NEAFL or just sit out of the first round of both completely?

No. If Dion and Swallow are 100% fit (which they should be) they will play. They need the match fitness under their belts as we have Freo round 2 at Subi and we will need the whole team playing well together. If Essendon are really going to be as bad as people are saying, then we need to capitalize and can use the game to get momentum going early in the season. However, I think its unlikely Jaeger plays any football in round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back