List Mgmt. Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Only rookie listed because we could get him on the down low. If Keough gets the upgrade then may take Davis some time to work into the side.

Grant is going to have to be near the absolute best he has shown in his career to keep his spot - his best and worst have been too far apart for his whole career
I Think Keough will get upgraded.

Going to do my pre NAB best 22 for round one. Can't wait to see how much it changes.

Backline -

B: Malceski, May, Harbrow
HB: Kolodjashnij, Thompson, Saad

Fringe; Schade, Lemmens, Leslie etc

Midfield -

C: Rosa, Ablett, Matera
R: Nicholls, Prestia, Hall
Interchange: Swallow, Rischitelli, Miller, Sexton

Fringe; Lonergan, Hallahan, Shaw etc

Forward line -

HF: Grant, Lynch, Ah Chee
F: Garlett, Day, Martin

Fringe; Wright, Brooksby, Russell, Davis and players from the midfield can be swapped in like Sexton, Miller and Matera

O'Meara left out for round one. Who have I missed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His role was mainly onball this year.
With our full team in I wouldn't classify him as a mid.
Probably plays off a wing or half forward 60% of the time and runs through the middle to rest the Abletts Prestia Swallow O'Meara etc
Hall is one of the players i'm most looking forward to seeing in 2016. Sure, it will be great to have O'Meara, Prestia and Ablett back but i really hope Hall is still given a large amount of time in the midfield. He seems perfect for swapping with Gaz as he transitions as more of a forward later in his career.

I have Hall in my starting midfield. His breakaway pace and metres gained were phenomenal last year. He plays like that, he is legitimately in our best 4 midfielders except he offers a point of difference being his lightning speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at his breakaway pace in the latest match sim video (1min48sec in) wow impressive http://m.goldcoastfc.com.au/video/2016-02-04/2016-preseason-match-sim-in-the-wet

EATcoKdqNAFGt0J1K4B-GLqGuFMyAXIyFR30_RLc--U3wXkE0dU7YR2YXuxjgimWqslQIf_qWUBn8S5-Z-llNdNy=w320-h181-nc

Hi guys just interested in hearing any feed back on Martin's pre season?Is he likely to play every game this year pending fitness of course?from what I've seen of him he looks like a jet,could take bennells roll perhaps,both smooth movers.

B, Thompson May Malceski
HB, Saad Day Kolodjashnij
C, Swallow O'meara Hall
Hf, Miller, Lynch, Martin
F, Garlett Wright Ah Chee
Foll, Currie Ablett Prestia
Int, Harbrow Nicholls Rischitelli Lonergan
Emg, Rosa McKenzie Matera

NEAFL side
B, Tape Leslie Schade
HB, McKenzie Cameron Lemmons
C, Fiorini Hallahan Rosa
HF, Stanley Grant Shaw
F, Matera Loersch MacPherson
Foll, Brooksby Sexton Russell
Int, Schoenfeld Willis Davis Keough

B, Thompson May Malceski
HB, Saad Day Kolodjashnij
C, Swallow O'meara Hall
Hf, Miller, Lynch, Martin
F, Garlett Wright Ah Chee
Foll, Currie Ablett Prestia
Int, Harbrow Nicholls Rischitelli Lonergan
Emg, Rosa McKenzie Matera

NEAFL side
B, Tape Leslie Schade
HB, McKenzie Cameron Lemmons
C, Fiorini Hallahan Rosa
HF, Stanley Grant Shaw
F, Matera Loersch MacPherson
Foll, Brooksby Sexton Russell
Int, Schoenfeld Willis Davis Keough

Pretty close

In: Rosa, Schade
Out: Currie, Day

EDIT: Garlett, Matera and McPherson in a close battle for forward pocket spot

If I were to pick a side purely on that game while including all our lock in players that weren't playing it would be;

B: Schade, Thompson, Lemmens
HB: Saad, May, Kolodjashnij
C: Rosa, Prestia, Sexton
HF: MacPherson, Lynch, Martin
F: Ah Chee, Wright, Cameron

R: Nicholls, Hall, Ablett

Int: Swallow, Lonergan, Miller, Rischitelli

Bit of an odd best 22 and won't look nearly like my best 22 in a couple weeks but is an interesting perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see Clay Cameron playing a bit of a Tom T. Lynch (Adelaide) role this season. By what I mean he is the resident third tall, but his game is accessed on how many goal assists he gets rather than goals kicked. Tom T. Lynch was first in goal assists last year, so modelling Cameron after him wouldn't be a bad idea. Clay Cameron is a horrible kick so will never be kicking bags, but he moves well and is good at bringing other forwards into the game.

Out of the battles of the third talls, they all offer something different. Jarrad Grant has his speed, Ryan Davis has his tackling pressure, and Clay Cameron has his goal assists.

The general consensus is that the third tall position is going to either Cameron or Grant, which I like. Finally having competition is a great thing. I think Cameron is finally being played in the right position, so I'd love to see him prosper - especially seeing as he's a Queenslander. As for Grant, I'll reserve my thoughts for when I actually see him play, but I'm hoping to see Cameron kick a goal or two (or at least set up 4 - 6 goals like Phlanispo said).

Does anyone know when Grant is back? Will he be back for NAB2?

The general consensus is that the third tall position is going to either Cameron or Grant, which I like. Finally having competition is a great thing. I think Cameron is finally being played in the right position, so I'd love to see him prosper - especially seeing as he's a Queenslander. As for Grant, I'll reserve my thoughts for when I actually see him play, but I'm hoping to see Cameron kick a goal or two (or at least set up 4 - 6 goals like Phlanispo said).

Does anyone know when Grant is back? Will he be back for NAB2?
NAB 3 I think.

Im sure i read somewhere in early Nab cup that Swallow would play across half back or half forward. Which makes sense for the early part of season for him. Is this true? Im certain i read it

Im sure i read somewhere in early Nab cup that Swallow would play across half back or half forward. Which makes sense for the early part of season for him. Is this true? Im certain i read it
he's played there in the past when not 100% right to go full time in the midfield. there's a chance he'll play there to get back up to speed in the first few weeks of the season. won't be a permanent thing for the entire season though.

Who lines up next to Ablett and Prestia for round 1 in the starting centre square?
one of hall, rischitelli or miller, i would guess.

to the guys who watched the nab cup game on the weekend, reckon lonergan would be a chance too? could be a breakout year for him. looks like he's had a decent preseason.

one of hall, rischitelli or miller, i would guess.

to the guys who watched the nab cup game on the weekend, reckon lonergan would be a chance too? could be a breakout year for him. looks like he's had a decent preseason.
I'd put Lonergan before the three you mentioned. I love Rischa, Touk, and Hally but Lonergan is truly a beast in the centre square. Lock it in thanks Eddie.

I'd say Hall is first in line although Lonergan being the contested beast he is would take a load of Ablett/Prestia/Swallow/JOM in the middle which may appeal to Rocket more than Halls attributes.

Although I personally liked the 2 working together, Lonergan working in tight dishing it to Hall roaming around the edge with his speed and ball carrying. Add Ablett to that and watch out!!:eek:

when it gets a bit closer to the first game, we could start a poll thread to try guess who the mids will be for the first bounce of the game. maybe winner gets a prize or something, if anyone can think of a reasonable one haha. need a few more competitions on our board i reckon (and by more i mean at least one... haha).

when it gets a bit closer to the first game, we could start a poll thread to try guess who the mids will be for the first bounce of the game. maybe winner gets a prize or something, if anyone can think of a reasonable one haha. need a few more competitions on our board i reckon (and by more i mean at least one... haha).
Winner gets a personalised haiku from Matchu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back