Mr Fonebone

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Ham
Reckon one of MDB/Mzungu will be starting on the ground now in light of the Crowley development.

Duffy ahead of Crozier is interesting, care to expand?
Duffy played very well against Geelong last year and was quite busy on the weekend. In that small forward role he is a better replacement for Ballas than Crozier IMO

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sticks in my head because it was by far and away the best game he's played for us and was part of a 3-4 game stretch of him doing well in the middle.

He has also had the best Pre season of his career .His fitness is as good as any one at the club.He should not have a worry running with the best of them.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sticks in my head because it was by far and away the best game he's played for us and was part of a 3-4 game stretch of him doing well in the middle.
I remember that too. DeBoer was a ball magnet at U18 level and it was around that time I started thinking he might actually become a really good AFL player.
He can play a lot better than he has been showing us lately.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
He has also had the best Pre season of his career .His fitness is as good as any one at the club.He should not have a worry running with the best of them.
I remember that too. DeBoer was a ball magnet at U18 level and it was around that time I started thinking he might actually become a really good AFL player.

Could end up being the perfect opportunity for him if the worst case scenario is realised re: Crowls. Has the tank, is probably the best tackler at the club, midfield is his preferred domain, is a consummate pro and has a lot of experience with run-with roles. Kicking in space still is a weakness (although he's tidied that up in recent years) but he's an exceptional handball and like Crowley is strong in the air. Never was and never will be a forward's a-hole though so even though he's competed well as a defensive forward in the past it's never given him a chance to properly flourish.

It's hard to see how else he'd be fit into the team otherwise. I just hope he's never chosen as the sub again :cry:

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd

He made the u/18 All Australian team picked in the center.

It will be interesting to see how tagging affects his ability to get the ball.

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
Probably been asked before, but with Crowley's issues, who will take over his role as your teams primary tagger?

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
So you guys think De Boer comes straight into your 22 with Crowley now out indefinitely? Wasnt there talk of Clancee doing some tagging along with the Gu?

strobe00

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
He made the u/18 All Australian team picked in the center.

It will be interesting to see how tagging affects his ability to get the ball.
Will make it tougher for sure... but he's rarely got much ball anyway.

If he can negate his match-up, then the extras will be a bonus. Has different skills to Crowls, so will likely be a better fit onball that Crowls was. If Crowley was one of the three at a centre bounce then we may as well have just handed them the ball... unless Sandi got a clean tap to one of the other two.

Crowls has some very useful skills, but clearances weren't up there.

Oct 1, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
So you guys think De Boer comes straight into your 22 with Crowley now out indefinitely? Wasnt there talk of Clancee doing some tagging along with the Gu?

Clancee ran with Jack during the latest preseason game. Didn't do great, so I'd say De Boer will be given a chance against the Eagles. Will be interesting to see who we go with.

Freo

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2009
Somewhere between Preston Point and Bicton Baths
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Lakers
Massive difference between "run with" roles and a "hard tag".
The last few years have seems Crowley tag the gun opposition players. Gu and Deboer have generally been the run with types. Clearly, Deboer has been groomed for the tagging role this year as the club has known since September that Crowls is most likely out.
No wonder Deboer is so bloody fit, he has probably known about his new role for months.

Sep 4, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Silvagni Mcpharlin Spurr
Sutcliffe Johnson Ibbotson

Pearce Mundy Hill
Sandilands De Boer Neale

Fyfe Pavlich Mayne
Walters Taberner Crozier

IC - Mzungu Clarke Suban Sub - any of Duffy, Sheridan, Blakely.

If we line up something like this Rd.1 I'm pretty sure we'll get smashed. Best I could do assuming Barlow, Duffield, Ballantyne don't get up.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hopefully D. Pearce plays against the egirls this week. Him and Sandi still haven't played yet. Not convinced with Sheridan, think hes only an average AFL player and come years end, Blakely (probably already has) and Weller could very well be ahead of him. Think he might be trade bait.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
My best round 1 22 now that Freo have completed nab cup.

Spurr McPharlin Ibbo
Muz Johnson Sherro
Hill Barlow Sutty

Ruck Sandi Fyfe Mundy

Mayne Tabs Walters
Crozier Pav Clarke

Bench C. Pearce Neale D. Pearce
Sub Blakely

If Ballas isn't injured he can replace D. Pearce and start and Crozier to the bench. Duffield to replace Sherro and Sherro to sub. Blakely to miss.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
My best round 1 22 now that Freo have completed nab cup.

Spurr McPharlin Ibbo
Muz Johnson Sherro
Hill Barlow Sutty

Ruck Sandi Fyfe Mundy

Mayne Tabs Walters
Crozier Pav Clarke

Bench C. Pearce Neale D. Pearce
Sub Blakely

If Ballas isn't injured he can replace D. Pearce and start and Crozier to the bench. Duffield to replace Sherro and Sherro to sub. Blakely to miss.

Sudenly having Blakely, Sheridan, Sutcliffe, Crozier, T. Smith, Tabs and Hannath all pushing for a game our future looks very bright.

Bond, Lloyd and co have done a great job. Blakely will be the steel of the draft.

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
B: Sutcliffe - McPharlin - Spurr
HB: Duffield - Johnson - Ibbo
M: Hill - Fyfe - Mzungu
HF: Mayne - Taberner - Walters
FF: Ballantyne - Pavlich - Z.Clarke

M: Sandilands - Barlow - Mundy

Int: D.Pearce, Mzungu, Neale Sub: Blakely/Sheridan/Crozier

So hard to pick a best 22!

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
FF: Ballantyne - Pavlich - Z.Clarke

M: Sandilands - Barlow - Mundy

Int: D.Pearce, Mzungu, Neale Sub: Blakely/Sheridan/Crozier

So hard to pick a best 22!
gu must be twice as good as everyone else:)

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
De Boer would have been given the word that a run with role could be available which is why he ramped up his fitness. He is ready to go and the move looks pre planned to me.

It looked that way until the final practice game (which is the best indicator) was played and it was Clancee playing the major tagging role (did allright). Now looks like matt might be fringe again (surprised).

pavsbootlace

Cancelled
Dec 30, 2011
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle