Autopsy Best 22 for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

looking forward to round 1, last year we ran right over the top of you guys in all 3 games so i would think that improving the running ability of the whole group would be a priority, interested to know if you guys think if freo will improve next year, for some reason last year you were 20 percent off what you were in 2013. I think we are a huge chance of beating Freo in round 1 especially since Ross Lyons teams usually start a little slow at the beginning of the season.

You did not run right over the top of Fremantle in rd 23.
You lost it.

You will have your arse handed to you in Rd1. Fremantle have performed strongly in Rd1 in the three years under Ross.

Port had a beautiful draw in 2014 but this year is a lot different.
You may very well lose four of the first five games, maybe five.

Lol at the Port hate. They are more likely to win it next year than us, personally I'll be surprised if we make top 4 again.

35/46. Cod average. Wished I'd worked out slightly earlier that you didn't have to do it in number order! Missed the Rookies, Mayne, Crowley, Duffy and a few others.

Maybe some objectivity?

People have their little favourites who do no wrong ever and then there are players constantly copping it, and I personally think now that people can stop waxing lyric about An Inspirational Comeback, the Morabito narrative no longer entertains people. So, now, the bloke sits as undiscussed. And when he comes up, he's severely underrated (as opposed to guys like Croz and Taberner who are over-discussed and overhyped as a saviour). That's all I'm saying. It's a game of favourites. Why am I the only one who gets called out for it?

By the way, the AFL site published a list of veterans for next season. Ours is the longest.

FREMANTLE
Ryan Crowley
Paul Duffield
Michael Johnson
Luke McPharlin
David Mundy
Matthew Pavlich
Aaron Sandilands

Now, obviously, you don't keep around 30-year olds who aren't in the 22. But it is scary how many hugely integral players are getting old – Duffield, as much as I love the bloke (I think he fits the Morabito underrated class) and Crowley are the two disposable ones. Mundy has issues with floating in an out of games. But this side without Johnson, Luke, but especially Sandi and mostly Pav is starting to look shaky. If we're still a flag tilt, this is absolutely the final season for it.

Duffield is staying! :)

Being bored in the offseason I decided to mess around with the stats of the players who played a fair bit of WAFL. I averaged all the stats that each player got across the season and added them up. Here's what I came up with:

upload_2014-12-22_21-50-59.png

upload_2014-12-22_21-50-21.png
I know its just stats and misses out a lot of factors but it almost puts players in where they seem to be rated by the coaching staff and more importantly Freo BF :D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

having never played football myself, my main question is -- can a player's kicking motion be coached into improvement? Or is it set in stone after a certain age? If it can, shouldn't we throw money at a coach that can teach our workmen to kick better?

having never played football myself, my main question is -- can a player's kicking motion be coached into improvement? Or is it set in stone after a certain age? If it can, shouldn't we throw money at a coach that can teach our workmen to kick better?

Kicking action to a degree can be worked on but this seems to fall away more so under pressure and when off balance - which happens often at afl level.
The thing harder to 'teach' is vision and decision making. This separates the elite like Hill from those that can just thump a footy

I think we are a pretty good kicking team. Up there with most teams, and as good as we have ever been.

Jobe Watson couldn't kick for s**t early on but got to know his limitations and worked hard on it. He's now quite a reliable kick, including for goal.

Got all 45 in 4 minutes and did them in order. I got stuck for 30 seconds trying to spell Josh Deluca. trying double L and double C and typing Deluca-Cardillo

seppo, I know you are a lot smarter than me and I will be probably proved wrong but I think we have 46 on the list this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back