B: Adam Kennedy, Joel Patfull, Heath Shaw

HB: Curtly Hampton, Phil Davis, Nick Haynes

C: Lachie Whitfield, Callan Ward, Ryan Griffen

HF: Adam Tomlinson, Cameron Mcarthy, Will Hoskin-Elliot

F: Rhys Palmer, Jermey Cameron, Devon Smith

R: Shane Mumford, Adam Treloar, Toby Greene

INT: Dylan Shiel, Tom Scully, Joshua Kelly, Stephen Coniglio

Wow that's not a bad team on paper !

I'd be dropping one of the mids to put a second ruck in there somewhere by the way.

Absolutely.

If we actually play a proper second ruckman I would like to see Mummy play more time in the forward line than this year. He is a great contested mark and reliable kick on goal. With no Boyd or Patton the forward line we will be missing that physical marking presence. The inclusion of Griffin takes the pressure off needing to have his experience in the middle as much. Hopefully one of Phillips, Downie or Lobb can step up - certainly a great opportunity for them. The other option is we will recruit Wright to play second ruck.

I'd happily see us play two of Tomlinson, Stewart and McCarthy.

Agree. And I personally think this will happen.

Will sure see these guys put through their paces in pre season games. I like the idea of having those 3 guys available with Patton still to come back in

Ruck stocks still concern me though. I know we have sauce and Lobb but still makes me in easy. The big mummy has always been a bit injury prone

Will sure see these guys put through their paces in pre season games. I like the idea of having those 3 guys available with Patton still to come back in

Ruck stocks still concern me though. I know we have sauce and Lobb but still makes me in easy. The big mummy has always been a bit injury prone
good point about Mummy, and i think at some point during the season he will miss games through injury or soreness. The young talls will have their chances this year for sure. Personally i like Stewart in the starting 22 as he can provide ruck relief if needed and has obvious talent up front

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Phillips, Downie and Lobb, we have three kids that could turn into ruckmen.

If we get Wright, I want to see him doing a year in the NEAFL to build muscle and so on - using a first year as a ruck risks burning them out IMO.

And the number of them who have played 50 games keeps drifting up.

I'd be dropping one of the mids to put a second ruck in there somewhere by the way.
yeah i would drop a mid to put a second ruck to help mummy out.

If we drop a mid, the best one to drop is Scully or Kelly - otherwise say goodbye to that mid at the end of the season.

Realistically if Tomlinson wants to try KPF, he's got a great opportunity next season. I think it will be interesting to see whether they test Phillips, Lobb and Stewart over preseason as second ruck/forward.

Reckon one will be injured or rested most weeks so I wouldn't be shopping them. Plus I still think Scully is going to relish these blokes coming into theri own and think he will be huge for us. He still is a running machine .

B: Adam Kennedy, Joel Patfull, Heath Shaw

HB: Curtly Hampton, Phil Davis, Nick Haynes

C: Lachie Whitfield, Callan Ward, Ryan Griffen

HF: Adam Tomlinson, Cameron Mcarthy, Will Hoskin-Elliot

F: Rhys Palmer, Jermey Cameron, Devon Smith

R: Shane Mumford, Adam Treloar, Toby Greene

INT: Dylan Shiel, Tom Scully, Joshua Kelly, Stephen Coniglio

Awesome bench, but perhaps lacking a tall. Is Mohr now out of our best 22?

This talk of dropping a mid to include another ruck option is a worry. It sounds much like playing two spinners in the cricket cos it might turn rather than your best bowling attack

This talk of dropping a mid to include another ruck option is a worry. It sounds much like playing two spinners in the cricket cos it might turn rather than your best bowling attack

I think not having a second ruck is more like playing an extra bowler and hoping your keeper can make runs consistently at number 6.

lol @ the cricket analogies but in all seriousness i was questioning do we pick the best 22 or do we pick the best makeup?

If you want to win games, the latter.

And "best makeup" may well depend on the opposition, as well.
Is it tho? i mean playing a kid in the ruck just cos he has the word "ruck" on his profile doesn;t mean the team will necessarily perform better than if you play the better player who might be a midfielder. Now i concede this places a lot of pressure on mumford but he was the sole ruckman for most of last year... he has shown he can do it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back