Prediction Best 22 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically if you're getting a goal a game from your ruck forward you're doing extremely well and that's what I think a lot of people don't realize. Most coaches seem to rate the ruck relief from that player more than the extra goals you would probably get from playing an extra genuine forward.

Last edited:

List Focus: Key Defenders
Josh Gabelich February 1, 2016 3:45 PM

Fisher, Dempster, Delaney, Lee, Carlisle, Goddard, Coughlan (age order)

List Focus: Small-Medium-Sized Defenders
Josh Gabelich February 2, 2016 9:19 PM

Gilbert, Geary, Savage, Roberton, Webster, Murdoch, Wright, McKenzie, White, Rice

List Focus: Key Forwards
February 3, 2016 2:12 PM

Riewoldt, Bruce, McCartin, Payne

List Focus: Small/Medium-sized Forwards
Josh Gabelich February 4, 2016 4:44 PM

Shenton, Minchington, Membrey, Sinclair, Billings, Templeton, Lonie

List Focus: Midfielders
Josh Gabelich February 5, 2016 12:40 PM

Riewoldt, Montagna, Armitage, Steven, Weller, Curren, Newnes, Ross, Murdoch, Saunders, Dunstan, Sinclair, Freeman, Billings, Templeton, Acres, Rice, O"Kearney, Gresham

List Focus: Ruckmen
Josh Gabelich February 5, 2016 6:39 PM

Holmes, Hickey, Longer, Pierce

Kozi ONCE had 14 hitouts and 5 goals in the same game. AND it was against Collingwood. :D
And there, in that one word, lies the problem with virtually his entire career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not my predicted best 22 for this year, but this is what I eventually want to see happening.

FB: McKenzie Goddard Roberton
HB: Savage *Carlisle* Webster
C: Newnes Acres Freeman
HF: Billings Bruce Sinclair
FF: Lonie McCartin Membrey
Foll: Longer Dunstan (C) Steven
Int: Armitage Weller Gresham *Another elite draft pick or FA ;) *
EMG: Ross Hickey Coughlan

White, NOK, Rice too

This will be a very very dangerous team in a few years..

We will have some really big headaches at the selection table soon...

a few will be filtered out (harsh) but we will only welcome better talent in future drafts and free agency periods.

Last edited:
Still needs Hickey/forward-ruck :p. When Longer rests, McCartin and Membrey as key targets would make it difficult.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the side and think it has a nice mix of skills, talent and desire. As always, could use more A-grade talent, but we still have a few drafts/trade periods to get that

Kosi's body was never great, but after that ugly incident with Giansiracusa it really accelerated the fact.
I hadn't thought about that bump for quite some time so I thought I'd bring it up on YouTube... gotta say, nowhere near as bad as I remember it being (in terms of it being a dog act rather than a bad hit).

In my mind Kosi was a hell of a lot further way from the player with the ball than it looks on the YouTube clip. I was at the game and remember thinking Gia was looking at a long time out of the game.

Yeah no doubt he was just about to get dropped before that game :D
Haha, no, that was during that amazing stretch of games in 2005 (11 of a possible 12 Brownlow votes over the 4 games, with 17 goals and 16 contested marks) when he was captaining the side in Rooey's absence and was playing a lot in the ruck and would contest the centre bounce and then charge forward if we had the ball and would clunk a huge mark, slot the goal, go back into the centre and try to do it all over again!

Was one of the best patches of footy I've ever seen from someone tall like him and it didn't surprise me that he did it while he was captaining the side, as I always thought back then he had real captaincy potential. Some seem to be burdened by captaincy, while others just lift a notch or three with it and Kosi was clearly the latter. It was like he put on a Superman cape and suddenly had super-powers!

That was back when we had the captaincy rotation policy and given that he did step up so incredibly well in those games while he had it, I fully expected that he would get the gig the following year and it could have been the real making of him, but unfortunately he didn't play again that year (2005) after round 21 (4 weeks after that incredible stretch of games) and had injury issues that following preseason, so I think that ruled him out of the captaincy equation in 2006 and that was of course the year he fractured his skull and he was never really the same again after that. :( :thumbsdown:

He did play a lot more in the ruck in his early years though, as the stats here show: http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Justin_Koschitzke.html

In 2005 for instance he had 176 hitouts (to go with 24 goals) from just 13 games.

My Best 22:
Dempster - Goddard - Roberton

Montagna - Fisher - Geary

Newnes - Ross - Gilbert

Billings - N.Riewoldt - Savage

Lonie - Bruce - McCartin

Longer - Steven - Hickey

Bench: Weller, Dunstan, Acres, Webster/Gresham

Id like to see you give the Acres, Gresham, Dunstan kids a big crack early. Im even a big Mckenzie fan aswell. Not as much Sinclair but hes solid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back