Opinion Best 22

Mckaye17

All Australian
Jun 12, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is my best 22 at the moment,... anyone not on this page, I think should be considered for trade. 1-2 years, only Thompson will be out of this side, and with 3-4 quality young kids (mainly forwards / tall mids) I don't see us far away from a flag contender.

F-Backs : Brown Talia Laird
H-Backs : Jaensch Lever Smith
Centres : B Crouch M Crouch Sloane
H-Forw : Lynch Walker Grigg
F-Forw : Cameron Jenkins Betts
Rucks : Jacobs Dangerfield Thompson
Interch : Knight, Kelly, Ellis-Yolmen, Douglas

Definitely think you're delusional thinking only having 2 talls down back, it'll get us no where against the decent teams.

Last edited:

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Definitely think you're delusional thinking only having talls down back, it'll get us no where against the decent teams.
Not sure that Brown, Laird, Jaesnch or Smith would be considered tall??

Mckaye17

All Australian
Jun 12, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure that Brown, Laird, Jaesnch or Smith would be considered tall??

My mistake forgot to add the key word of "two"....

But only having Talia then the youth/slight size of Lever will mean we'll concede 15+ goals minimum 18/22 games.

Best 22 of players currently available.

B: Brown, Talia, hartigan
Hb: Smith, lever, Laird
c: Sloane, Dangerfield, Douglas
Hf: lynch, Waller, kerridge
f: Cameron, Jenkins, Betts
r: Jacobs, Ellis-yolmen, Thompson
I: Cheney, m crouch, Grigg, Henderson (sub)

Compared to current team:
In: kerridge, Ellis-yolmen, Cheney, m crouch, Grigg
Out: Atkins, knight, MacKay, Wright, Martin

Not saying I would make all these changes next week as a few players need to get back to form & happy to give the younger players a few more games... & returning players need to demand selection like cey did last week.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm surprised at so many, Jaensch was leading a heap of stats before his knee.

1achie

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Considering the ultimate purpose of this exercise is to project towards 2017, I'm simply going ignore players I don't think will be around at our club in 2017. I'm guessing none of Dangerfield (FA / traded - deny that it's happening all you like, it'd be paying $1.25 if I was a bookie), Thommo (retired), Wright (delisted or traded by the end of 2016), Lyons (traded), Martin (delisted), Podsiadly (retired), Siggins (delisted), Shaw (delisted or retired due to injuries), Dear (delisted) will be here by Round 1 2017. There'll be more too (Otten may be cooked, someone like a Kerridge could be traded, McGovern or Wigg may be delisted), and I'm probably wrong about 2 of the ones I've said will be gone, but yeah. Assuming the above...

B: Brown Talia Cheney
HB: Kelly Lever Smith
C: Douglas M Crouch Grigg
HF: Lynch Walker Cameron
F: Betts O'Brien Kerridge
R: Jacobs Sloane B Crouch
Int: Jaensch, Ellis-Yolmen, Laird, Mackay
Emg: Otten, Atkins, Knight

Wildcards: Shaw, Wigg, McGovern, Ramsey, Wilson

Other guys I didnt want to put in the side purely because I am not a fan and don't see them playing regularly in any remotely successful team: Jenkins, Henderson, Hartigan, VB

Kerridge to take over the defensive forward role that Wright is currently butchering. Petrenko hit the scoreboard more than Wright. And had equal footskills. And was a superior tackler. And had superior speed. Petrenko was s**t too. Go figure.

Yes I have deliberately left Henderson and Jenkins out. They're soft. I don't like soft. Trade both for assets that aren't slow, aren't short, aren't soft and can kick is my suggestion. I realise they both have positive attributes and that they're far more talented than many I have selected ahead of them. I would just prefer to see them missing tackles and putting in 75% efforts in someone else's colours while enjoying watching the fair compensation we receive for them putting in 100% for us.

No, there's no evidence that O'Brien has any future in a key forward role at AFL level. The fact that the only current choices for this role are Jenkins, O'Brien, Dear and Lowden should tell us that we desperately need to acquire a quality key forward, in addition to adding outside speed and tall defenders. Hard to do all of that in 2 off seasons but yeah, that's what we're working with. O'Brien almost definitely won't be our full forward for round 1, 2017. But I don't reckon anyone else currently on our list will either is pretty much my point. We'd be sniffing Jakey Carlisle and Lachie Henderson (among others such as Tomlinson) pretty hard to be an option at both ends of the ground I would've thought. If Dangerfield leaves ($1.25), expect big money to be thrown at this sort of bloke.

I still hold out a lot of hope that Otten can be a useful AFL player once more. I've always been a fan. But it's far from a sure thing. He'd be in my side right now if he was fully fit. Underappreciated.

Laird is the 7th man in defense. Naming him on the bench is purely aesthetic. I wanted to show Douglas and Grigg as my wingmen. Grigg plays on the left because he's left-sided. Douglas on the right because he's right-sided. Revolutionary I know.

The team lacks height. This will be addressed through trades and free agency.

Fin.
Interesting you rate Otten so highly considering your stated disdain for soft players.

I'm surprised at so many, Jaensch was leading a heap of stats before his knee.
I mentioned I was picking a best 22 from players currently available... Hence ruled out mj & brouch.

My best 22

Brown ~ Hartigan ~ Lever
Laird ~ Talia ~ Jaensch
Smith ~ Thompson ~ Sloane
Cameron ~ Walker ~ Cameron
Betts ~ Jenkins ~ Lynch
Jacobs ~ B.Crouch ~ Dangerfield
CEY ~ M.Crouch ~ Henderson
Kerridge
Gws re-signed Cameron earlier this year ;)

Douglas unlucky...

Mckaye17

All Australian
Jun 12, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Deleted my original post and wanna have another go at this, minus Danger* for 2016

B: Laird - Talia - Cheney
HB: Hartigan - Lever - Brown
C: Motlop - B.Crouch - Smith
HF: Lynch - Walker - Aish
F: Betts - Jenkins - Cameron
R: Jacobs - Thompson - Sloane
I: Grigg - M.Crouch - CEY - Kerridge

rezagun

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Leading into this week with forecast changes im hoping wel see close to our best lineup minus jaensch and b crouch. Imo our best 22 looks like this for the rest of the year.
B. Brown Hartigan Lever
Hb. Smith Talia Laird
C. Sloane Thompson Douglas
Hf. Betts Lynch Grigg
F. Cameron Walker Jenkins
R. Jacobs Dangerfield CEY
INT. Cheney, Knight, M Crouch, Henderson

Racing To Win

Team Captain
Mar 6, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Deleted my original post and wanna have another go at this, minus Danger* for 2016

B: Laird - Talia - Cheney
HB: Hartigan - Lever - Brown
C: Motlop - B.Crouch - Smith
HF: Lynch - Walker - Aish
F: Betts - Jenkins - Cameron
R: Jacobs - Thompson - Sloane
I: Grigg - M.Crouch - CEY - Kerridge

No Jaensch?!!?

Was one of our best before he got injured this year.

Need some run out of defense!

Back