Best AFL Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we have an unpopular opinions thread?

The old Richmond logo was terrible and the new one is a vast improvement. I have no idea why the old one was so popular.
The old one looks menacing and realistic, its iconic AFL imagery IMO which is timeless. The new one is so watered down and generic that it looks like its targeted to little babies.

image_preview

:thumbsu:

799485-richmond-logohe.jpg

:thumbsdown:

Incidentally though, Richmond's current logo isn't even there worst. That honor goes to this version which is the one they used before switching to the icon one I like so much..

Richmond-logo-1989.gif

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Ours is s**t and boring. Desperately needs to be changed, imo.

I don't actually mind the doggies current one - you've had that one a while though haven't you?

Looks pretty fearsome but maybe it lacks a bit of 'bulldog' for mine

I don't actually mind the doggies current one - you've had that one a while though haven't you?

Looks pretty fearsome but maybe it lacks a bit of 'bulldog' for mine
Yeah, we've had it for a while. I don't like it though. We got rid of robo-dog on the guernsey, time to get rid of it on the logo. It just has no character.

Yeah, we've had it for a while. I don't like it though. We got rid of robo-dog on the guernsey, time to get rid of it on the logo. It just has no character.

We had our old for for quite a while. Maybe it's time to update the logo?

With you guys in rebuild mode and a seemingly new team being built, maybe a new logo to represent a new era wouldn't be a bad idea?

There is so much wrong with this though.

Some of the kerning is way off which gets me every time about this logo.

The tiger is menacing but it's not clean or particularly well rendered IMO.

It's a product of it's time.

The new Richmond logo is timeless IMO

There is so much wrong with this though.

Some of the kerning is way off which gets me every time about this logo.

The tiger is menacing but it's not clean or particularly well rendered IMO.

It's a product of it's time.

The new Richmond logo is timeless IMO
Agree to disagree. The new version looks like a childish corny cartoon to me, its the type of logo that will get outdated quickly. That old one is just a classic, it looks menacing, serious and realistic. If anything it could use some modernized font tweaking but that's about it..

I don't mind this version either..

richmond_logo_lge.jpg

I could have sworn you were changing yours to this for this year.
Not sure what came of that. Simon Garlick put out a tweet last year hinting towards a possible change, but they must have decided against it.

The old one looks menacing and realistic, its iconic AFL imagery IMO which is timeless. The new one is so watered down and generic that it looks like its targeted to little babies.

image_preview

:thumbsu:

799485-richmond-logohe.jpg

:thumbsdown:

Incidentally though, Richmond's current logo isn't even there worst. That honor goes to this version which is the one they used before switching to the icon one I like so much..

Richmond-logo-1989.gif

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

The new one is much better when it's used on the black background, it looks s**t on white and the stripes on the chest of the tiger are also white, looks better here:

Richmond_Colour_Rev_RGB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I figure it was a group of about 6 people who all had input. It is very busy. I like it as a crest to put on their jumper and take pride in, but not as a logo.
This was a good logo, should bring it back.

melbourne-demons.jpg

Are you joking? LOL? Those St Kilda logos are ****ing awesome! For mine, they are easily among the very best logo's of the late 70's through 80's era. Much more aesthetically pleasing than this 'wizz bang' turkey:

Essendon-logo-1997.gif
Seriously st kilda logos is irritating to me, it is so boring I suppose penrith panthers logo looks better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back