Vic Best and worst areas of Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah Pissweak World.

Macleod is ok although I've heard there are 2 parts of it; 1 good and 1 not. Can't imagine the bad side would be that bad though

The Springthorpe Estate is full of $1M+ houses - rest of the suburb is just typical Melb suburb. Some trailer trash hang round the football club but mostly from outside areas. It's a sleepy old place really.

Last edited:
One specific tiny estate which is really dodgy in Blackburn sth. Its off Middleborough rd. Walked through it a few times and there's kids (talking 8 year olds) with prams outside their houses and parents drinking in the street all at 6pm.

Lilydale Line past Ringwood is 'interesting' too.

Mate from uni is from out that way and he's witnessed some very unsavoury things at Croydon and Moroolbark.

have never got into any trouble but you should always keep on alert, if i come home from the city i usually park my car at blackburn to avoid going past Ringwood late at night. :$

Always reminds me of this.

Which always reminded me of

LeylandBrosWorld.jpg

DSC02843.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to go up and down Bell St constantly when the missus was pregnant and we were going to the Mercy in Heidelberg. Definitely the worst street in Melbourne. And some poor bastards live on it. A shocker.

Had to go up and down Bell St constantly when the missus was pregnant and we were going to the Mercy in Heidelberg. Definitely the worst street in Melbourne. And some poor bastards live on it. A shocker.
And now it's down to 60 km/h between Nicholson and Doncaster, ridiculous.

Worst road candidate would be Sydney Road. Horrific.
Add Lygon St Brunswick East to that, actually worst than the Carlton/City end now.

Mate, it is an absolute shithole. Worked there the other week. At one end it stunk like urine, the other end it smelt like curry spices and BO, with a subtle hint of McDonald's fumes that were coming from Springvale Road.

There were dead pigeons and possums everywhere, syringes, rubbish and bottles and believe it or not I even saw a human turd (I knew it was a human turd because it was on a roof and there was toilet paper with s**t all over it next to it).

The units are so run down and the people look like they've just walked out of a war zone. The frontyards haven't been maintained in a good forty years I reckon. I actually had to walk through the grass in a front yard and ended up walking into a this big metal thing that was hidden under all this overgrown vegetation. I brushed some of it aside, turns out it out this big metal thing was actually a really old car. This bloke hadn't cut his lawns in so long it grew over his f***ing car.

When I finally got back to my car to leave this hell hole some junkie with a blood nose approached me and asked me for money. The scariest thing about this animal was he was wearing a pink Dora The Explorer tee shirt. Never will I set foot in that place again.
This the street next to the 7/11 off Springvale Rd?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

One specific tiny estate which is really dodgy in Blackburn sth. Its off Middleborough rd. Walked through it a few times and there's kids (talking 8 year olds) with prams outside their houses and parents drinking in the street all at 6pm.
Haha. Blacky South was pretty rough some years back.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Middle ring suburbs are basically the best. I think there's far more depressing, average shitholes in Melbourne than Perth but they're all so similar you barely hear the rep (beyond Scumshine jokes at all). At least Perth has distinguishing features regarding its holes.

I'm not a fan at all (apologies if anyone on here lives there). Usually most suburbs have nice areas but I just can't think of a nice area in Nunawading. I think it's lucky that it's wedged in between some nicer suburbs like Donvale, Mitcham, Blackburn, Vermont etc.

as others have said, nothing happens there. once famous for the maroondah hwy home renovation type shops (between springvale and blackburn rds). ikea the flagship. now there is much competition, including the homemaker centre east of springy rd.

there is also a brothel in the land wedged just south of the main hwy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back