Best and Worst pick of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, hard to remember them all.

Best probably getting on Boomer early, or S Martin.
Worst J Merret also, though starting the season with SJ over Rocky didn't turn out so well. I think I also started with Rohan.

This was a terrible year, my good players were either common (D Swallow was my only defender from start to finish) or everyone jumped on as well (Rockliff/Martin etc). Macrae would have to be the one to pick, strangely unique most weeks.

Worst...take your pick!! Prestia for me though, picked him up after a few big games & he only gave me 2 100pt games. One that was due to 10+ tackles... Naitanui, Birchall & Dahlhaus were the most frustrating for me

getting rockliff in round 3 and stef martin for being my 2nd ruck got him after his first game
worst picking up libba when i did in round 13 2 scores over 100 since

Started with Parker, increased his averaged by about 20 points and became a must-have forward so happy with that one.

Worst could be Tom Mitchell, because he got injured. No disasters this year though. Birchall was annoying because he hung around in my team so long.

Those who picked up Macrae very early on were genius. Premo mid for $344k.

Best:parker from the start. Franklin also good. Also picked up Hanley at the perfect time.
Worst: Lots of competition for this one. Had Masten all year but be produced some big scores the last 3 weeks to help me out with all my injuries. Wingard in a similar boat (picked him up mid year though). Went with just one super premium in Swan and it was the worst of the 3. Lost money, got injured, came back and I picked him up with 2 rounds to go only for him to get injured again and give me another 0 in the last round. Then we have Ellis who scored 60"s the whole time I had him before trading him out dirt cheap. He then went on to score consistent 100's for the rest of the year.

Just not a good year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best: starting macrae round 1.
worst: trading macrae to Montagna after macrae was 500k and had his first bad game and looked tired, and joey was the top DT ****.

Literally after that Montagna trade, my team history shows my team failed miserably (as I rode Montagna for 4 or 5 rounds of pathetic scores) and it took 10 rounds to fix that massive error.

Best: starting Parker and Rockliff. Heppell. Obvious ones in Swallow, Sandi and Bea,s.
Worst: Easily my worst pick was mid-season Jaensch. Gave me nothing and then injured. Nick Dal late in the season cost me critical finals. Persisting with Wingard wasn't ideal.

Sandilands was a descent pick up from the start. Got him cheap and made a heap on him. Got rid of him late in the season.

Best: Simpson (mostly), Swallow, McVeigh, Sandilands
Worst: Spud Merrett, Dalhaus, Birchall.

Priddis was a good pick up mid year, so was Parker, as was Maric, when he started tonning up or going near enough towards the end. Worst pick up/trade, aside from Merrett, was Zorko. Had him from the start, got rid of him, then traded him back in again when he was the only guy I could afford that had the potential to score tons. :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back