Food, Drink & Dining Out Best Burger Places

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it make you feel better about yourself to call him a flog on here?
Does it make you feel better arguing with me online about something that had nothing to do with you in the beginning?

No, it wasn't terrible logic. It was based on my own experiences. Most people who call other people flogs are actually flogs themselves.

I could be wrong in your case.
By your logic, me going around calling people the best, makes me even better than them, its terrible logic.

By your logic, me going around calling people the best, makes me even better than them, its terrible logic.
Oh no, I see where you got this wrong. People who call other people flogs ARE flogs.

The other thing you mentioned (calling people the best, makes me even better than them) isn't logical. For sure.

Back onto burgers...
Keys to getting a good burger.

1. Find a fish and chip shop run by a Greek guy and his wife who are both over 50 years old. 80s Chiko girl on the wall mandatory.

2. Order a hamburger with the lot.

3. Eat it.
I've always found this a pretty reliable way of getting a decent burger; or at least a decent value one. Grill'd is good but was pretty expensive I thought. In Canberra Brodburger is great, but is always super busy so it takes ages to be served and is a bit on the pricey side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're all bloody flogs, if it makes you feel better.
Keys to getting a good burger.

1. Find a fish and chip shop run by a Greek guy and his wife who are both over 50 years old. 80s Chiko girl on the wall mandatory.

2. Order a hamburger with the lot.

3. Eat it.

If you're ever heading out if town passing through Yarra Glen, there's a fish and chip shop just past the lights on the left hand side. Ticks all the boxes. Great burgers.

You're all bloody flogs, if it makes you feel better.

If you're ever heading out if town passing through Yarra Glen, there's a fish and chip shop just past the lights on the left hand side. Ticks all the boxes. Great burgers.
In Ballarat there's a Fish and Chip shop near the Arch of Victory. Magnificent burgers.

Also, Steve's Fish and Chips in the main street (Sturt St) of Ballarat had THE BEST burgers, but recently changed hands. Steve had been there for 30ish years. Haven't been there since, so can't comment, but the new owners are too young and not Greek enough.

In Ballarat there's a Fish and Chip shop near the Arch of Victory. Magnificent burgers.

Also, Steve's Fish and Chips in the main street (Sturt St) of Ballarat had THE BEST burgers, but recently changed hands. Steve had been there for 30ish years. Haven't been there since, so can't comment, but the new owners are too young and not Greek enough.
I hear that, I had a great chippie and exactly the same thing happened, I share your pain.

Stuffed Beaver or Churr Burger in Sydney
Brodburger in Canberra
And B East in Melbourne.

I did mention Brodburger earlier in the thread, I kinda wish I'd known it when it was still the small van based enterprise it used to be. Last time we got it, took 45 mins between order and getting food. Utterly crazy. Was a good burger I admit, HUGE and filling, but super expensive.
I thought they moved to the new joint because the van was just as busy and they couldn't really meet demand with just that. It's always been super popular as far as I know.

I thought they moved to the new joint because the van was just as busy and they couldn't really meet demand with just that. It's always been super popular as far as I know.

Not really sure as I wasn't living in Canberra at the time, pretty sure the National Capital Authority told them they couldn't sell out of a van in the Parliamentary Triangle any more. Anyway, moot point. Solid burgers, fries were a bit average. I think I probably need to go back and try again, only had once.

Not really sure as I wasn't living in Canberra at the time, pretty sure the National Capital Authority told them they couldn't sell out of a van in the Parliamentary Triangle any more. Anyway, moot point. Solid burgers, fries were a bit average. I think I probably need to go back and try again, only had once.
They're good burgers, but the points you made earlier about how long it takes and how expensive it is are also true. Just gotta weigh it up I guess.

Stuffed Beaver or Churr Burger in Sydney
Brodburger in Canberra
And B East in Melbourne.
NSHRY

NSHRY-Page-1.jpg

Huxtaburger

huxtaburgertheo.jpg

Spotted Mallard

The-Burger-Adventure_SpottedMallard.jpg

Fat Bob's

0c14d132333631a87f50f8f3e2ba9ca4.jpg

The Royale Brothers

best%20burgers%20in%20melbourne%20the%20royale%20brothers%203.jpg

Rockwell and Sons

297051-double-patty-smash-burger.jpg

and Tuckshop in Melbourne

tuckshop-takeaway-620x0.jpg

Plenty of honorable mentions.
Melbourne is easily the best burger city in Aus, followed by Sydney. Struggle to find a single decent burger in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back