• Riewoldt

Votes: 97 39.4%
  • Maric

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Rwnce

Votes: 37 15.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What the passion and the hatred of losing?

Geesus it's better to be ' oh well just another game'

Losing hurts for sone
You don't have to act like a child to prove that a loss hurts.
It demonstrates that in stressful times, he gives in to his emotions and acts out. It's not what you want to see in a captain.

He's a great player, and has grown in the last year. I just don't think the brains trust at punt rd would take the risk. But it's a moot point. The captaincy is Cotch's and it won't be changed.

id like to see cotch stay as captain. think hes doing a great good with delidio as vice captain. jack is to much of a sook for my liking. has way to many tantrums. wouldn't mind seeing rance maybe vice. maric and delidio to old .
when do the boys start training again does anyone know.

I think Rance is the obvious choice.

He's a leader in every sense of the word, and provided he doesn't make the leadership group have any mandatory prayer nights, he'd be my pick by a country mile.

The reason? It's simple, all the players here that have been mentioned deserve it in one way or another, but of all of them, Rance is the only one that you KNOW won't have his footy affected by it in the slightest, and that's what we need.

If the change doesnt happen it will be looked back on as a mistake that was costly

I think Rance is the obvious choice.

He's a leader in every sense of the word, and provided he doesn't make the leadership group have any mandatory prayer nights, he'd be my pick by a country mile.

The reason? It's simple, all the players here that have been mentioned deserve it in one way or another, but of all of them, Rance is the only one that you KNOW won't have his footy affected by it in the slightest, and that's what we need.
On the field sure, but off the field he wants to be away from the club and is a goof ball

I'd like to give the captaincy to Jack for the next couple of years while Vlastuin matures and is ready to take over the reins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being captain is so much more than what is done on the field.
If it was the player that leads by example on the field it would be Rance.
If it was about passion it would be Reiwoldt.
If it was natural football ability it would be Lids.
But it's a combination of all and that's why Cotchin is captain and why he will remain so

Current Leadership Group:
Cotch
Lids
Ivvy
Morris
Chaplin

New Leadership Group IMO
Coth captain
Lids VC
Jack Leader Forwards
Rance Leader Backs
Ivvy

Cotchin absolutely no question at all , Robbo is a pigeon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on both points although I have Robbo as the village idiot!!

No questions in my mind that Cotchin is easily the best person to be captain of the RFC. He needs help though. And he should not have been made captain back when he was. He should have been given a few more years to develop his game before they gave it to him. That however is an indictment on the RFC and others around him that the club felt compelled to give it to him at such a young age.

As a midfielder and as a leader, Cotchin needs help. The leadership group needs to stand up. Jack had a good game in the EF but is not a leader...way to emotional (sooking) for my liking. Chaplin had a shocker. Deledio had a poor game.

Everything Cotchin does shows leadership qualities. He cannot do it on his own though. He needs help out there. Particularly help from the mids themselves. There is one bloke out there who is a beast but unfortunately is a follower and not a leader and that's Dusty. Given his strength and power, he could be anything but is being held back by his attitude.

Dusty.

Get around him boys!

Imagine if Dusty applied himself at footy the way he does at extracurricular activities. He would be unstoppable. Too immature and doesn't apply himself enough to be a leader. He's not even in the leadership group which is a reflection of how his teammates think of him.

Very good player. Could be a great player!

Shows passion. Would make a great captain IMO.

Still rubbish article from Robbo and therefore rubbish thread.

It's Cotchins job until he dosent want it or a standout and I mean absolute standout candidate put their hand up. He's come along way in the three years he's had the job from a leadership perspective, he'll even floggo was pumping him up about showing a bit of s**t in his game earlier in the year by roughing up opposition.

We were weak as piss in how not one person stuck up and gave Cotch a chop out in that EF. Hopefully we have learnt from that, hopefully Townsends main objective is to serve and protect our mids.

Worth a re-quote! Again, it is a sad reflection on our other mids that not one of them stepped in to take some of the heat from Cotch when he was being hard tagged.

Imagine if Dusty applied himself at footy the way he does at extracurricular activities. He would be unstoppable. Too immature and doesn't apply himself enough to be a leader. He's not even in the leadership group which is a reflection of how his teammates think of him.

Agree to some extent. I was joking with him as capt. But I think everyone is happy with Dusty's output. As long as his 'extracurricula' activities dont send him over the edge, I am sure he will have a huge impact week in week out. The quiet achiever....but huge game day impact. Ill take that.

How on earth could you possibly know how much he applies himself?

Him not being in the leadership group is a reflection of what his team mates think of him??? What a sh!t post.

Back