Best Center Clearance Player

Rank the best Center Square Mids

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, just as offended whenever I post that Bulldogs are s**t and won't finish higher than 12th next year.

Yep mate, clearly you've made 8000 odd posts as a North puppet.

I hope I'm wrong but Watson and Swan look cooked

:confused:

Swan made the AA preliminary squad and only 10 players in the competition polled more Brownlow votes than Swan this year, are you sure you watched him play? 2014 was an average year for him due to persistent injury niggles but Swan had a very good 2015 and still has plenty of good footy left in him.

Swan made the AA preliminary squad and only 10 players in the competition polled more Brownlow votes than Swan this year, are you sure you watched him play? 2014 was an average year for him due to persistent injury niggles but Swan had a very good 2015 and still has plenty of good footy left in him.
Nuh he's cooked and should come over to the Kangas for a 7th rounder ;)

Sam mitchell best clearence player in the comp in my opinion. Hes so evasive, hard to lay a tackle on and always uses uses his clearences well with his bullet kick. Fyfe closely 2nd with his strength and ball winning ability.

Cooked as a center square mid. Will spend the majority of his career forward from here on.

Kennedy, Libba, Ablett, Fyfe, Dangerfield.

Ok so the top 10 as it stands now

1 Fyfe, 45
2 Ablett, 38
3 Kennedy, 30
4 Dangerfield, 28
5 Liberatore, 23
6 Gray, 15
6 Mitchell, 15
8 Priddis, 13
9 Selwood, 12
10 Cunnington, 7

Then we have Shuey, 6 Ward, 2 and poor old S Thompson on 0:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so the top 10 as it stands now

1 Fyfe, 45
2 Ablett, 38
3 Kennedy, 30
4 Dangerfield, 28
5 Liberatore, 23
6 Gray, 15
6 Mitchell, 15
8 Priddis, 13
9 Selwood, 12
10 Cunnington, 7

Then we have Shuey, 6 Ward, 2 and poor old S Thompson on 0:(
That's probably about right. Libba is an unknown. Will it take him a while to warm up or will he go bag and make the Doggies even more impressive in 2016.

Personally hoping Cunners learns to get more outside ball and a few more goals to round out his game.

That's probably about right. Libba is an unknown. Will it take him a while to warm up or will he go bag and make the Doggies even more impressive in 2016.

Personally hoping Cunners learns to get more outside ball and a few more goals to round out his game.

Yeah I agree. Although I'd have Gray above Liber but that's just my opinion. I'm also surprised Thompson hasn't had any love.

Getting outside ball is a different conversation.

Even though it's a bit off topic, I don't think we'll ever see Cunners going for long runs down the wing (LOL) he does need to link up more. I think the main area where Cunnington can take his game to the next level is kicking more goals.

Cooked as a center square mid. Will spend the majority of his career forward from here on.
Swan has lost a lot of pace, if he can't play midfield then that's it for him. Personally I think he's going to have a tough time from here on in. Pendlebury, Crisp, Sidebottom and Treloar are better players than him, and Adams and Greenwood are around his level but provide much more from a team perspective. How long Swan keeps going for is to depend on how quickly our younger mids develop, but on last season form De Goey and Broomhead could easily surpass him this season. There's also Aish as well to consider.

I'm interested to see how Libbas game translates with our new gameplan. He was really clean with the ball under the contested style McCartney instilled. Will be interesting to see if he starts getting more outside ball and hitting the scoreboard more the way Wallis has.

I'm interested to see how Libbas game translates with our new gameplan. He was really clean with the ball under the contested style McCartney instilled. Will be interesting to see if he starts getting more outside ball and hitting the scoreboard more the way Wallis has.

End of the day brother, you can never hav too many players that win thier own ball. I see it as a positive for Liber that the Dogs now have a lot of run on the outside. Leaves Liber to do what he does best and win the ball.

Shuey's much more dynamic in the centre clearances teamed up with Naitanui than Priddis is.
You'll see heaps of examples of it here:

Maybe start a thread about the most 'Dynamic Duo' in the center square. It's sort of irrelevant because every player in this poll does thier best work with the No 1 ruck feeding them the ball.
Fyfe/Sandy. Jacobs/Danger. NicNat/Shuey. Goldy/Cunners
Like has been previously mentioned, the most impressive is the guys like Ablett, Gray, Kennedy etc who don't have a dominate ruck to work off

Maybe start a thread about the most 'Dynamic Duo' in the center square. It's sort of irrelevant because every player in this poll does thier best work with the No 1 ruck feeding them the ball.
Fyfe/Sandy. Jacobs/Danger. NicNat/Shuey. Goldy/Cunners
Like has been previously mentioned, the most impressive is the guys like Ablett, Gray, Kennedy etc who don't have a dominate ruck to work off

And I'm not critiquing any other teams selections.
All I'm saying is that for West Coast Shuey is a more effective centre clearance player than Priddis (partially because of his synchronisation with Naitanui).

Back