Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
It's just strange how you manage to squeeze Dalglish on the bench and have Keegan in the side. But outside of that no other Liverpool players. How were we so successful? It wasnt with foreigners like in todays game.

Is that Wright as in Ian Wright on the bench? In front of Rush or Dean? Gary ******* Neville? Lol, talk about picking the off man out.

Why is it strange?

Kevin Keegan - 2x European player of the Year in a decade that included legendary players like Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Rummenigge, Muller etc

And I said Dalglish wouldn't make the starting 11. Never said he wouldn't make the team.

No, I'm not one eyed and delusional in my team support like you. It's Billy Wright, the guy that played 105 times for England, 90 of those as captain.

Liverpool were successful because they had a good team with some outstanding players.

Edit - and Gary Neville is one of the best right backs ever produced for a country that doesn't generally have many good right backs.

I could have said Lee Dixon but im not an idiot.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Oh and I never said Keegan shouldnt start or be in the side. He was awesome. I was mentioning him as those were the only two Liverpool players you could muster up despite their being cases for so many great players.

Last edited:
No one's arguing Bale shouldn't be on the list because he isn't British...

Seriously? You're putting him in the all time greats against those names based on one season?
Well, it's two seasons now pal.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Can put Best anywhere, really
Best put him on the wing I think.

images

Good to see the Keegan love - England has only had 4 winners of the European Footballer of the Year (now the Ballon d'Or) and Keegan has 2 of them to his name. Absolute champion player at his peak.

Shearer up front for me (excuse my Geordie bias) with Sir Bobby Robson as manager! :D

Raymond Rougeau

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Quebec, Canada
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Ac Milan
Ill go what what ive seen
Shilton gk
Carragher terry adams cb
Rwb g neville lwb bale
Cm Gerrard scholes
Am Gascoigne
St owen shearer

Apologies to all left out or all old timers I simply havent seen enough off

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Pat Jennings
Bobby Moore - John Terry - Terry Butcher
George Best - Bobby Charlton - Bryan Robson - Paul Gascoigne - Ryan Giggs
Kevin Keegan - Jimmy Greaves

Subs: Banks, Butcher , A.Cole, Souness, Hoddle, Dalglish, Rush

Last edited:

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
jd2010 on Bale

"he will win the Balon D'Or next year

he's just getting started

the things he can do, speed and FK wise is the combination of some of the best in one

the speed x5 of Giggs

FKs of Beckham

long shots of Gerrard"

Jesus Christ.
Dont include the im taking the p*ss line. Today Tonight journalism thought you were better than that!

Back