Toast Best footy photos ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Vicious headbutt to Lockett's elbow from Caven
caven.jpg

I thought it was pretty widely known the initial moves with Sydney happened at the end of the 2012 season.
That's if you believe the story put forward in the media.

Of course, it makes things a lot more acceptable if Franklin approached the Swans, rather than the other way around. ;)

468910-nick-riewoldt.jpg

921158-saints-shattered.jpg

As mentioned by a couple of others, I have no idea why that Billy Ryan mark doesn't have a massive profile. The picture alone is incredible - I doubt there's any footage of it? It was taken in the 1968 semi-final but I thought that if there was footage of something like that we would have seen it by now.

EDIT: Holy hell I found it, but the angle and zoom really doesn't do it justice

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't find it on the net. After the 1999 GF the North Melbourne players did a team shot in the change room with the players wearing nothing but those stupid baseball caps. I think not long after a netball team did the same thing.

View attachment 119477

View attachment 119480

As mentioned by a couple of others, I have no idea why that Billy Ryan mark doesn't have a massive profile. The picture alone is incredible - I doubt there's any footage of it? It was taken in the 1968 semi-final but I thought that if there was footage of something like that we would have seen it by now.

Probably because he didn't clunk it at the top.

Peter Walker in that video is the grandfather of current Geelong player Josh Walker.

View attachment 119477

View attachment 119480

That's the thing, the still image is amazing but in the video it bounces off his chest and he eventually takes it standing on his feet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back