Best game of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide

Now, I am not one of those that wishes anything bad on Danger for leaving; outside of him not getting a flag with Geeflog and us winning a few but geez this game makes me laugh a bit now. Hopefully we give it to him big time first game back with a hard tag.

I guess we should have known he was gone at 1.57 when he perfected the Selwood move.

Not sure there is a point to this thread and it has taken a bit of time for me to feel this way but * him

Watching from the stands I can remember the outrage at each and every one of Bernie's triumphs over Danger but I just sat there going, "sh*t, he's done that well". Honestly there was nothing overly dirty about it. He just beat him around the packs and instead of letting him through he made him earn the ball. When he tackled him he tackled him hard. He put him into the ground a bit harder and was a bit slower to get up, that's all he really did. But he did it consistently.

This is something that more players should do Imo. Instead of just carrying out a satisfactory tackle, make it hard, make it powerful and put doubt into the oppositions mind. Aslong as its all above board and not particularly dangerous, go for it.

Watching from the stands I can remember the outrage at each and every one of Bernie's triumphs over Danger but I just sat there going, "sh*t, he's done that well". Honestly there was nothing overly dirty about it. He just beat him around the packs and instead of letting him through he made him earn the ball. When he tackled him he tackled him hard. He put him into the ground a bit harder and was a bit slower to get up, that's all he really did. But he did it consistently.

This is something that more players should do Imo. Instead of just carrying out a satisfactory tackle, make it hard, make it powerful and put doubt into the oppositions mind. Aslong as its all above board and not particularly dangerous, go for it.

My philosophy too. The first time you tackle a bloke make him know all about it.

I thought why aren't we screening and blocking Bernie better to protect PD more, and why aren't our boys getting stuck into Bernie more. The more aggressive talk from Pyke is great to hear, hopefully the boys can show more aggression when their mates are being targeted like that.

Fallout 4

Oh wait, you mean football. The EF against the Dogs was the most pumped I've ever felt after a game.

I agree with you, except The Witcher 3 was better

Cities: Skylines was actually my favourite game of 2015 (but not as well known). It filled the void left by the latest Sim City being a pile of crap.

Elim final. Given all the circs it was a great moment in our history.

It was the most exhilerating finish to a game I'd experienced in quite a while.

Didn't seen to matter it was only week 1 of the finals.

Showdown. Considering the scenes the week before after west coast it was just a victory for the ages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was a classic case of how umpires take a set (against) early and then maintain that set throughout the game. The sure way to cop a 'set' is to do as Danger did - exaggerate being the victim and complain repeatedly to the umpires. If, from the very first passage of play he had just put his head down and got on with it, he would have received better treatment by the umpires and Vince would have copped some frees against. Umpires are human and they can often be biased 'caress' pricks. Danger would have learned something that day, namely, that even though you may be a Mr Squeaky player-of-the-ball, you must show you are standing up for the contest and not seen as seeking help from the umpires.

Having said that let me also say that if this happens again to the 2016 Danger at say Simmons Stadium, my bet is he will be looked after from infringement number one! Just the way it rolls in the AFL,......locality wise. :rolleyes:

Cities: Skylines was actually my favourite game of 2015 (but not as well known). It filled the void left by the latest Sim City being a pile of crap.
mine too, such a well made game

also, I hated Bernie after that game, not for long, but goddam I respected him. he never played that sort of game with us

Best win of the season was against the Dogs in the Elimination final. To win a close final was good for our self-belief given our heartbreaking losses in finals against Hawthorn and Collingwood.

Honourable mentions:

Defeating the ferals in the second Showdown was fantastic, but is second to the Dogs final for two reasons. The fact we didn’t kick a goal in the final quarter was disappointing and the booing from the Port fans after the game soured the victory somewhat.

Our game against North was special. We played the footy that day Walshy envisioned for us. Unfortunately we will never know what could have been with Walshy, but that is a game all Crows fans will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Actually, when you go back over the 2015 season - there are not a lot of games that jump out as replays.

North
Collingwood
Port
Richmond
West Coast
Bulldogs Final

That's about it isn't it? I can't be motivated into watching the blow outs against crap teams - or even the scrape in wins against crap teams.

The thrashings we go from Bulldogs, Sydney, West Coast* aren't a fun few hours ... but some of the losses do tell a deeper story.

Actually, when you go back over the 2015 season - there are not a lot of games that jump out as replays.

North
Collingwood
Port
Richmond
West Coast
Bulldogs Final

That's about it isn't it? I can't be motivated into watching the blow outs against crap teams - or even the scrape in wins against crap teams.
Same list as mine .....not Richmond game though

I'm different in that i enjoyed the Essendon blow out for a variety of reasons ...including that they have been a flog of a club the last 4 years

Dogs EF hands down.

Fast flowing and entertaining football and went right down to the wire. The crowd was amazing too, crows supporters were there loud and proud.

Still give me goosebumps every time I think about that game.

Now, I am not one of those that wishes anything bad on Danger for leaving; outside of him not getting a flag with Geeflog and us winning a few but geez this game makes me laugh a bit now. Hopefully we give it to him big time first game back with a hard tag.

I guess we should have known he was gone at 1.57 when he perfected the Selwood move.

Not sure there is a point to this thread and it has taken a bit of time for me to feel this way but **** him

I wonder if Bernie knew that Danger was leaving and was giving him a few on behalf of Tex and his old Crows mates. Explains why he get very little protection.

I wonder if Bernie knew that Danger was leaving and was giving him a few on behalf of Tex and his old Crows mates. Explains why he get very little protection.

That was something that used to bug me no end about the Crows, nobody flew the flag for Danger. If it was Hawthorn he was playing for, Mitchell would have been in quick smart with a raised knee, or Hodge with a real 70s style piece of violence that wouldn't have seen him even cited.

Us though " please stop doing that"

That was something that used to bug me no end about the Crows, nobody flew the flag for Danger. If it was Hawthorn he was playing for, Mitchell would have been in quick smart with a raised knee, or Hodge with a real 70s style piece of violence that wouldn't have seen him even cited.

Us though " please stop doing that"
just watch geelong fly the flag for him, but you will have to watch when they play teams other than us, we wouldn't niggle him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back