Best game you ever seen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wes Tiger

All Australian
May 11, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Pick 3 games, and name them in the order of your choice.

1. Roos vs Dons 2001 - The Come back
Swans vs Hawks 2012 Grand Final.
3. Sydney vs WCE 2006 Grand Final

Pick 3 games, and name them in the order of your choice.

1. Roos vs Dons 2001 - The Come back
Swans vs Hawks 2012 Grand Final.
3. Sydney vs WCE 2006 Grand Final

Carlton WCE rnd 21 1995 (1 point win to Carlton, fairly renowned, think there's YouTube highlights)
Adelaide WCE prelim 06
Sydney WCE GF 06

• Banned
Carlton WCE rnd 21 1995 (1 point win to Carlton, fairly renowned, think there's YouTube highlights)
Adelaide WCE prelim 06
Sydney WCE GF 06
yeah guy mckenna missed soccer with the son in his eyes glen rice got the goal from that lol.

2009 h&a Geelong v St Kilda. Had everything including the cliff hanger finish.
2011 gf Geelong v Collingwood. Two highly skilled sides in tough conditions playing how it should be played.
2007 gf Geelong v Port Adelaide. Perfection.

2009 was the best Grand Final since 1989.

I'll get shouted down by other Geelong supporters but I was at the game and I thought it was rubbish. Low scoring and tough, but that was about it for me. I can't even watch it in its entirety on DVD, bores me to tears.

I'll get shouted down by other Geelong supporters but I was at the game and I thought it was rubbish. Low scoring and tough, but that was about it for me. I can't even watch it in its entirety on DVD, bores me to tears.
out and out dog fight in the trenches. How dare you!;) blues vs dons 99 prelim a cracker!??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two late season games between Port and Brisbane always seem to get left off these lists possibly due to the interstate factor. But both games went right down to the wire and were both vital games in determining who finished top of the ladder.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2002/131920020831.html

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2003/131920030726.html

Two great games between the two best teams during that era. If only Port didn't choke in 02/03 we could have had some excellent grand finals just like the 04 game was (up until 3/4 time anyway).

From the last few years, would be Collingwood vs. Hawthorn Preliminary final 2011.

I must admit that I actually felt really bad for Hawthorn when that game ended. Felt worse after that game then I did the week before when WC knocked Carlton off. Props to MM's Collingwood though since they were running on fumes at the time.

North/Bulldogs circa late nineties in round 22 I think?

1998. Game for top spot. 70k at the G on a Friday night. As I recall, Dogs lead most of the game before we came back in 90s Friday night style and won it in the last. Bloke called Carey etc.

1994 North vs Hawthorn Qualifying Final - first game ever into extra time

1994 North vs Geelong Prelim Final - despite the result

Remove this Banner Ad

Back