Review Best GF Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares man? So what if 85% said sydney had it in the bag? Why put so much value on their opinions?

It's their job, do you want them to lie just so the tips are 50/50?

Criticism is fine and pathetic probably wasn't the right word to use, but some of the bile spewed forth towards King was - IMO - uncalled for.

You might want to rethink your slightly self righteous stance here before spewing bile on other peoples opinions.

The thing that we all should get annoyed at and the thing that annoyed me and still does, is the amount of money these guys get paid to do what they do and are no better at it than the twelve year old fan in the street. I am far more qualified to do my job than they are to do theirs; get paid far less, and yet they can't even remove their emotional investment in the result to look at it objectively enough to see that the two teams had different tests leading to their positions before the final. The money they are making is real and ultimately it comes from us.

You might want to rethink your slightly self righteous stance here before spewing bile on other peoples opinions.

The thing that we all should get annoyed at and the thing that annoyed me and still does, is the amount of money these guys get paid to do what they do and are no better at it than the twelve year old fan in the street. I am far more qualified to do my job than they are to do theirs; get paid far less, and yet they can't even remove their emotional investment in the result to look at it objectively enough to see that the two teams had different tests leading to their positions before the final. The money they are making is real and ultimately it comes from us.

I'm well aware why 'we all should' get annoyed. It just doesn't annoy me. Sorry if I offended you, wasn't my intention.

I'm well aware why 'we all should' get annoyed. It just doesn't annoy me. Sorry if I offended you, wasn't my intention.
It's not that you didn't get annoyed, it's the implied accusations of your post, that those that expressed their annoyance are in some way annoying you. You don't see the irony there?

It's not that you didn't get annoyed, it's the implied accusations of your post, that those that expressed their annoyance are in some way annoying you. You don't see the irony there?

Haha sure. It was a flippant opinion preceding a pretty long post on topic. Basically qualifying the way I went about my reviews. Didn't think it would come up again to be honest, misjudgement on my part.

What were your thoughts on the different comms?

Haha sure. It was a flippant opinion preceding a pretty long post on topic. Basically qualifying the way I went about my reviews. Didn't think it would come up again to be honest, misjudgement on my part.

What were your thoughts on the different comms?
So far I've only heard the 3aw and MMM (and channel 7) I find what I like about commentaries not comparing them to each other (in other word not inter broadcast) I prefer intrabroadcast comparisons. Always have. How do these guys sound in the first ten minutes compared to ten minutes into the final qtr. what is the growth of respect to either team. Especially after a big comeback, or unexpected result.

btw I haven't complained about the lack of respect towards the hawks with the expert predictions, but I defend the right for others to do so if they wish. If it annoys them they feel aggrieved they should have the right to express that here.

(while you also have the right to express your aggrievement. But calling it spewing bile is I feel going a bit far.

So far I've only heard the 3aw and MMM (and channel 7) I find what I like about commentaries not comparing them to each other (in other word not inter broadcast) I prefer intrabroadcast comparisons. Always have. How do these guys sound in the first ten minutes compared to ten minutes into the final qtr. what is the growth of respect to either team. Especially after a big comeback, or unexpected result.

btw I haven't complained about the lack of respect towards the hawks with the expert predictions, but I defend the right for others to do so if they wish. If it annoys them they feel aggrieved they should have the right to express that here.

(while you also have the right to express your aggrievement. But calling it spewing bile is I feel going a bit far.

I unreservedly retract my comment, hopefully that's the end of it. I'm enjoying this topic too much to turn it into a scrap.

Gonna download sen later to complete the set.

Roy and HG's commentary is quite good just for the laughs. Their commentary isn't technically great, and they have a few holes in their footy knowledge, but there's plenty of lulz to be had.

Yes, I really enjoy the Roy & HG commentaries, they refuse to take the game too seriously.

So Ive now listened and watched the game around 20 times. That's correct. My wife is furious with me, and even my really one eyed eight year old daughter is questioning my health. I am able to justify it by saying, "It's a different call. This one is the SEN/CH7/MMM/3AW/ABC/AFL Live/KRock/NIRS GF".

So Ive now listened and watched the game around 20 times. That's correct. My wife is furious with me, and even my really one eyed eight year old daughter is questioning my health. I am able to justify it by saying, "It's a different call. This one is the SEN/CH7/MMM/3AW/ABC/AFL Live/KRock/NIRS GF".

LOL. I had the same conversation with my mum this morning, and replied with the same justification.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL. I had the same conversation with my mum this morning, and replied with the same justification.
I wouldn't bother explaining. Just tell them they're the ones with the problem.

I reckon Bruce nailed all the big moments - Langfords goals x3, Hodges intercept goal, the final siren. He's a class above the others.
Have to agree with you, was one of the best calls Channel 7 had this year, really nailed those big plays and called them as they saw it. None of the crappy chit chat they have known to have during games.

AFL Live was really good, Rex still messes up the players in possession quite a bit but he has an ability to make play sound exciting, even if it's a slow patch of play

There was a lot fewer "This is the thirteenth highest number of tackles by a left handed hawk with a name with 3 different vowels in it on a day beginning with "s" n a even numbered year." from Bruce which was a shame, I really wanted to know once that Kennedy was the 7th player with a K in his name to handball the ball across the 50 m arc at the mcg in round 27.

Don't retract your comments Chunky, you are 100% spot on.

We have some weirdo fans and who cares whether they like your comments or not?

You are one of the best people on here, just tell them to get effed...

Amen.

One from Rex in the last quarter where hill handballs the ball along the boundary line and gets taken off the ball. Rex said 'Hill gets pulled off...AND WHAT A FITTING REWARD FOR A HARD DAYS WORK'. Had a good chuckle at that one

One from Rex in the last quarter where hill handballs the ball along the boundary line and gets taken off the ball. Rex said 'Hill gets pulled off...AND WHAT A FITTING REWARD FOR A HARD DAYS WORK'. Had a good chuckle at that one
love it

Yeah, fair call, we wouldn't have been able to attract him without our extra 9.8% salary cap over the other 17 teams
:rolleyes:

Troll post on Port thread

Troll post on Blues thread.

You seem to have an obsession with this particular cliche. Did you learn it at kindy today, little fella?
# impressed !!!

For those of you who have listened to every commentary of the game, what was your favourite? For me;

Best: AFL Live - Rex Hunt, Billy Brownless - Rex called it beautifully. Went off Rex for a few years but it's clearly the best.

2nd Best - ABC - Tayg Kennelly and Mark McLure and Nathan Buckley - Second best because Kennelly is so pro Sydney it makes you laugh, especially considering Sellers tipped Hawthorn comfortably.

= 3rd Best - MMM - James Brayshaw, Garry Lyon - Always exciting to listen to, especially with Garry questioning Sydney for most of the game.

= 3rd - Channel 7 - Bruce and Dennis, Lethal, Harley, Tim Watson - Called a great game. Spent more time celebrate us than lamenting them.

= 5th - 3AW - Tony Shaw, Mathew Llyoyd, BT - Plenty of great comments from Lloydy. Lucky not to be second but was a great call.

6th - KRock - Mark Neeld, Tim McGrath - Boring as ****.

Last - NIRS - Gilbert McAdam and Chris Johnson - Still a classic but they were forever and the day tipping Sydney to come back. Out of all the commentaries, I reckon this is the one that gave us the least credit, even though they gave us plenty.

Where can you find the AFL live commentary? Rex is an absolute belly laugh....

Why do hawk fans get so worked up about media tips and opinion ? Them tipping wrong does not mean they automatically hate Hawthorn and also doesn't mean they are not knowledgeable pundits. I love David Kings work but some of his tips have been awful. We all are in some tipping comp each year I am sure and we know how difficult it can be. I just don't get it.

Why do hawk fans get so worked up about media tips and opinion ? Them tipping wrong does not mean they automatically hate Hawthorn and also doesn't mean they are not knowledgeable pundits. I love David Kings work but some of his tips have been awful. We all are in some tipping comp each year I am sure and we know how difficult it can be. I just don't get it.
I don't speak for anyone else but like I said I don't care what they tip or if their opinion is negative towards us. But they are meant to be fair and unbiased in their roles. This means presenting both sides equally. If he did that and still wanted to tip Sydney by 6-8 goals then that'd be fine. Instead we had to put up with a week of him sucking Sydney off and claiming all the stats that "mattered" were in their favour. If he'd bothered to look at the scores we average and how many times a score of 100+ had been kicked against Longmire coached Swans and who had been the most frequent deliverer of that he might've sung a different tune.

If your job is in the public eye, you do poor research and then make unfounded claims based on them then you deserve to cop it sweet when shown to be dead wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back