Review Best GF Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

All of these links except for the MMM one link to the ABC call. Just noticed today when I tried to download the AFL Live call and ended up listening to the ABC call again (which isn't bad at all!)

Ok i fixed the links again. Please let me know if they're working now.

Ok i fixed the links again. Please let me know if they're working now.
The links appeared to direct to the right files when I hovered the pointer over them earlier on my computer. On my ipad now so can't recheck.

Finally got around to listening to the AFL live commentary and really enjoyed it. Thanks to the guys who brought it up in this thread. The only shame was the coverage on the link cuts out just before Hodgey's speech and the presentation of the cup! Does anyone know if AFL live (with Rex calling) did the 2013 GF and if so is it available anywhere?

Last edited:

SEN's commentary is pretty average. Huddo gets excited at points in the game, but other than that it's a bit 'meh'.

Completely agree. Huddo tried at times. Derm is so prepccupied with not being seen as biased that he overcompensates too far the other way. Goddard on Valium especially enthralling. If I recall I think he threw up the possibility that the flu may have gone through the swans camp as an explanation. No one else has ever mentioned it, just his next best option to actually praising us.

Last edited:
Yeh Goddard was probably the worst special comments person I've ever heard. Offered practically nothing and his tone was like he was at a funeral not a grand final.

Ruined the whole call.
Watching the replay I was actually bored stupid by half time. Bored....? Of that game.....? It was that bad.

Yeh Goddard was probably the worst special comments person I've ever heard. Offered practically nothing and his tone was like he was at a funeral not a grand final.

He always sounds like that, comes across as quite a bitter person and he definitely dislikes Hawthorn (almost sounds like he resents our success).

He always sounds like that, comes across as quite a bitter person and he definitely dislikes Hawthorn (almost sounds like he resents our success).
He talked about that at the end of the game, mentioned that it hurt him to watch others have that success he was so close to and he mentioned he was envious.

He talked about that at the end of the game, mentioned that it hurt him to watch others have that success he was so close to and he mentioned he was envious.

Interesting. I haven't heard the SEN commentary yet but I heard him interviewed earlier in the season and the way he talked about Hawthorn's depth it was as if he thought it shouldn't be allowed and the AFL should do something about it! It was then I got the impression he was bitter and resentful.

Ultimately the Aints were a mile away from b2b let alone 3 flags in 7 years...

It seems like Goddard doesn't know s**t from clay...ultimately for this reason the news that he is a s**t truck pundit shouldn't surprise

#justsayin

Interesting. I haven't heard the SEN commentary yet but I heard him interviewed earlier in the season and the way he talked about Hawthorn's depth it was as if he thought it shouldn't be allowed and the AFL should do something about it! It was then I got the impression he was bitter and resentful.
He is, very much so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Hill, he'll hit the turbo here. Listen to the crowd lift, here comes one of those grand final moments that we might remember for a long time. A sprint along the wing and delivery down the throat of Roughead and Hawthorn are doing as they please".

Peter Donergan. AFL Live Commentary 3rd quarter 2014 AFL Grand Final.

Abc commentary was quite good, pity it's not on victory pack. Love McClure pre game saying Hawks comfortably, you can feel everyone looking askance at him. Goes on to rub it in at the other commentators a little, particularly when Keneally goes quiet in the second half "we thought you'd left"

Abc commentary was quite good, pity it's not on victory pack. Love McClure pre game saying Hawks comfortably, you can feel everyone looking askance at him. Goes on to rub it in at the other commentators a little, particularly when Keneally goes quiet in the second half "we thought you'd left"
Later he mentioned he'd gone to catch the early flight :)

Just finished listening to Rexy. He's captured the feeling of the match, and he's hilarious...
  • Sang for 20 seconds in soprano half way through the second quarter after Hodgey's second goal.
  • After Buddy's third goal, he said, "Those three goals have cost Sydney three million, three hundred and thirty three thousand, three hundred and thirty three dollars and thirty three cents each."
  • Third quarter as Tippet lined up, "At a cost of five million six hundred and sixteen dollars per touch."

I really enjoyed BTs call, it was a reminder of how he used to be an enjoyable caller. Is he normally like this on 3AW, just wondering if this was a one off performance, or if the problem is that channel 7 has crafted a show where the goal is to be as annoying as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed BTs call, it was a reminder of how he used to be an enjoyable caller. Is he normally like this on 3AW, just wondering if this was a one off performance, or if the problem is that channel 7 has crafted a show where the goal is to be as annoying as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BT maintained a little bit too much hope for a close game. Even half way through the third qtr!!

Rexy on AFL live with Peter Donegan and Billy Brownless. GREAT CALL!!!!. Genuine excitement and awe of the performance. No bias, other than the fact they were witnessing us tear the swans a new one.

Some of Rexy's gems -
"Hill was pulled off, and it is a great reward for a great game"
"Hawthorn have stuck it us Sydney without the Vas, it's a real sandpaper job"

The ABC call was good too. Bucks was very good and you could hear he was completely in awe and thinking we have to be like this. It also seemed like he had tipped us and was quietly smiling about it as we tore them apart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back