• Tom Lonergan

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Steven May

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • Luke Delaney

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How many goals did Kennedy kick against Rance this year? 5? 4? 3? Surely it was a bag right?
1.1 (the same amount Riewoldt kicked on Mackenzie) in the worst possible conditions for a key forward who's side had just 44 inside 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Priddis has been better than every other midfielder statistically, but he isn't close to the best midfielders in the league.

I agree with that notion with midfielders, stats are misleading. Besides just getting the ball isn't a direct reflection on your impact in a game.

With defenders, I agree stats also aren't everything, but there are some stats that have more meaning than others, particularly as a defender. Being number 1 in intercept positions means he's winning the ball back from his opponents more than anyone else in the comp, causing more turnovers than anyone else in the comp. Conceding fewer goals means he's restricting his direct opponent to less scoreboard impact, more tackles means he's stopping more passages of play in the dangerous attacking zones, etc.

The stats for defenders probably tell you more than the number of disposal stats for midfielders.

Mackenzie is a gun and will be AA though, but I think you have consistently sold Rance short this year, as shown by the fact you didn't even think he was a chance for the 40 man squad despite even neutrals acknowledging he would be.

Back