Best kicking skills on both sides of the body

Who is the best kick on each side of their body

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was reading the thread about Akker V Stevie J and saw it mentioned about players who were excellent on each side of the body.

One of the skills I always remember being drummed into us as kids, but also seems to be one of the skills that we seem to see the fewest quality exponents of.

Modern day Sam Mitchell stands out a mile, he kicks as easy off his left as his right. Akker was a freak doing it at top pace, I remember Leon Cameron was the earlier version of Mitchell in that you couldn't tell which was his natural foot most of the time.

These would be the 3 for me that stand out the most. (Early 90's Buddha Hocking was very very good also)

my top 2 that i have seen a lot (1999 onwards) would be jason akermanis and sam mitchell. aker the best at full tilt with non dominant side easily, some players can't kick at full tilt on their dominant side. sam mitchell for around the ground kicks on both sides is brilliant, he can pick out and deliver to a target short medium and long distance on both sides. i still sometimes find myself thinking is sam a right or left footer.
i saw very little of darren jarman but from what i did see and been told he was elite on both sides as well.
leon cameron, can't comment don't remember seeing him play much footy.

I picked Akermanis. But Cameron is seriously underrated if we're going by poll results. I suspect bigfooty has forgotten him. Was a great kick on both sides. Akermanis was better though, could kick 50 meter goals on his wrong foot on the run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't remember enough of Cameron to comment,

But in regards to Mitchell V Aker- Aker had more penetration and finishing ability, but in general play, under congestion -40m, Mitchell no contest.

It is ridiculous that Mitchell has 4 times as many votes as Cameron. Mitchell is a much better player, Cameron a far and away better kick. 15 metres longer as a starting point

I don't think most of Bigfooty remember him as a player. Had Mitchell easily beat for distance and penetration, while also being more accurate

I was reading the thread about Akker V Stevie J and saw it mentioned about players who were excellent on each side of the body.

One of the skills I always remember being drummed into us as kids, but also seems to be one of the skills that we seem to see the fewest quality exponents of.

Modern day Sam Mitchell stands out a mile, he kicks as easy off his left as his right. Akker was a freak doing it at top pace, I remember Leon Cameron was the earlier version of Mitchell in that you couldn't tell which was his natural foot most of the time.

These would be the 3 for me that stand out the most. (Early 90's Buddha Hocking was very very good also)

You never saw Snr play obviously?

Back