Best KPD and best ruckmen on under $350,000 per year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
This has been discussed recently on the Swans board but I was wondering about other peoples thoughts on the issue as the Swans desperately need a KPD and a ruckman to replace Richards and Pyke at the end of the year but our trade restrictions means we can't get a player who is currently on more than $350,000 per year.

So in everyones opinion who would be the best ruckmen and key position defenders on less than $350,000 currently in the AFL?

Martin is locked up.
Cheers, couldn't remember seeing if he had been locked up again or not. But even then, surely he was on peanuts when the Lions got him?

Cheers, couldn't remember seeing if he had been locked up again or not. But even then, surely he was on peanuts when the Lions got him?

Before the second half of last year he was almost certainly going to be desisted so can't imagine he was on much. On the back of last year's form I imagine his new contract would have been pretty reasonable.

Jarrod Witts might be under 350 but I'm not sure.

Jonathan Marsh hasn't played a game yet but is killing it in the VFL and has ridiculous closing speed. His brother also plays for Sydney.

Last edited:
For under $350K from the Saints
Rucks: Longer (won't be going anywhere)
Hickey, for the right price may be up 4 trade

KPB: Delaney
Gilbert

Bugger all really.

With the quality around the ground, could the Swans simply gamble on Jason Holmes? Bash and crash tall who would get it to their mids. Keeps developing at that rate and could get much more around the ground. Really hope he gets a go on the big stage with us or someone, given the sacrifices he's made to get to where he's at.

Why not go for the best? Try and grab Jeremy McGovern for a lot? Or Mitch Brown for a lot less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't imagine Callum Sinclair being on big coin- he may be well worth a look. Playing good enough as a 2nd ruck to keep out Scott Lycett, who we spent a packet on to keep last year.

Only 25, so prime rucking years to come.

Key defenders are probably where you may struggle to trade for one less than that amount, unless you can settle for say shoenmakers or a Mitch brown type.

Mitch brown would be gettable pretty cheap considering his injury issues and the number of KPD infront of him barrass is highly rated as well

Might have to pick up a Mitch Brown who used to play for Geelong. Played for the Bombers at the start of the year due to the player bans.

I think he done well and showcased his ability.

Could see you guys going after Tom Campbell.

Has shown a bit but can't quite get passed Roughead and Minson.

You'd get him with the promise of game time and a couple of years and it won't cost you big at the trade table (a factor with the academy kids).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back