Best KPD and best ruckmen on under $350,000 per year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Fitzpatrick (kept a guy on a $7million contract to 1 handball) at 200cm has shown soem good signs as a KPD and Jake Spencer in the ruck wouldn't be bad options.

Didnt know that, thanks. Although he seems to have good form in the VFL, do you think he will be retained or shopped around?
No doubt shopped around.

Could be a similar situation to Laidler where Malthouse just didn't see him as a defender. Malthouse also didn't see Graham as anything more than a VFL player. Could make an argument that Watto has gone through some of the worst player management.

Robbie Tarrant would probably be your best bet as a KPD for around that price, and would come as an FA too. Here's hoping he doesn't move though.

As far as ruckmen go I would say Scott Lycett is the best not currently in his team's best side, and then there's probably not much available. I don't think he would want to go to Sydney though. Maybe Mark Jamar out of Melbourne as a very short term solution? Ask Matthew Leuenberger to take a pay cut (and promise him a bigger contract next time around)? Ben McEvoy (also on a paycut)? To be honest I think best bet would be to start pumping games into Toby Nankervis, he seems a likely type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jonathan Griffin is a very capable ruckman, but just doesn't get a game because Sandilands has remained injury free.

Jonathan Griffin is a very capable ruckman, but just doesn't get a game because Sandilands has remained injury free.

He's 29 and has only played one game at AFL level since he did his ACL, in which he had basically no impact. Not the long term solution to the Swans ruck situation, and probably not the short term one either. Although I'll give you that his WAFL form this year has been pretty decent.

He's 29 and has only played one game at AFL level since he did his ACL, in which he had basically no impact. Not the long term solution to the Swans ruck situation, and probably not the short term one either. Although I'll give you that his WAFL form this year has been pretty decent.

Not a long term solution no. But a pretty handy stopgap since they have effectively no backup at all for Pyke. GWS could also be interested.

said last year id like us to go after Sinclair and my opinion hasn't changed. he'd be a capable ruck for us. (and the ruck whisperer would turn him into a beast)

Backs are harder and I think we need to just blood x richards, maybe go after j tippett as a stop gap.

Griff just signed an extension I think - he chose to come home for family reasons I thought

I think it is WA or bust for him, unless things have changed.

Perfect bloke to have as back-up to Sandi.

said last year id like us to go after Sinclair and my opinion hasn't changed. he'd be a capable ruck for us. (and the ruck whisperer would turn him into a beast)

Backs are harder and I think we need to just blood x richards, maybe go after j tippett as a stop gap.

The tough issue for us is that we only have 3 rucks. I doubt we would be overly keen in letting any go - unless we were able to secure others.

Leuey would be a good get for us, but he wouldn't want to be sitting in the reserevs either

Sydney could enter the trade and free agency period being able to recruit 2 talented KPD in Astbury and Tarrant. Astbury would cost hardly anything on the trade table, and Tarrant is a free agent.

Theres your key position combo for atleast the next 5-6 years.

Sydney could enter the trade and free agency period being able to recruit 2 talented KPD in Astbury and Tarrant. Astbury would cost hardly anything on the trade table, and Tarrant is a free agent.

Are Sydney allowed to secure free agents this year? I didn't think they were

Been hearing tarrant has multiple offers of 400k+.

This trade ban sucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back