Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
WOndering what the best SA local footy stadium is, my two contenders

1. Marion oval, oval is in great condition all year round, little breeze and have recently built that viewing area

2 Clare - screams country footy and has a great flavour to it with the old stand with the new complex

Played for South Clare last year. Can tell you it wouldn't rate near the best. Bloody mudpit it is when wet. Clare is good for the complex and cans bar, but the oval itself nah. North Clare's changerooms are also shite. But then again, shite club. Liked playing on Manoora in that league.

Now I'm down in the KNTFL- home games are at Frances and that oval looks ok. Played cricket on Kybybolite oval the other week and that was dry as a nuns ****. Will reserve my judgement on the best oval when I've seen them all.

Played for South Clare last year. Can tell you it wouldn't rate near the best. Bloody mudpit it is when wet. Clare is good for the complex and cans bar, but the oval itself nah. North Clare's changerooms are also shite. But then again, shite club. Liked playing on Manoora in that league.

Now I'm down in the KNTFL- home games are at Frances and that oval looks ok. Played cricket on Kybybolite oval the other week and that was dry as a nuns ****. Will reserve my judgement on the best oval when I've seen them all.

True, oval turns to s**t from frost and when wet but for post match facilities and creating a vibe its up there. Yer North have certainly been in struggle town recently, give them time they'll come back up

Another one that came to mind is Loberthol (spelling?) up in the HFL

Nice. My cousin played for North Clare. I've been past the oval a few times and it looks nice. I play in the Yorke Peninsula league and probably the best oval I know is Bute. Yorketown is also nice though I have played more cricket there than footy. Nearby Warooka is also nice but hard as a rock (literally during cricket season :p) Victor Harbor is also a nice ground.

Played another game of cricket on it a couple of weeks ago and Kyby has completely reversed. Lush as.

Frances on the other hand is struggling. Been dry down here.

True, oval turns to s**t from frost and when wet but for post match facilities and creating a vibe its up there. Yer North have certainly been in struggle town recently, give them time they'll come back up

Another one that came to mind is Loberthol (spelling?) up in the HFL

Lobethal is definitely one of the best local footy grounds going around that I have seen. It is by far the best in the hfl and usually why it is a popular neutral venue to host grand finals.

The Clare oval would be the worst ground in the NEFL always muddy and covered in sand. South-Clare's facilities are great but North's are trash. The actual oval in Snowtown is the best in the NEFL.

And yeah the Encounter Bay oval is as good as iv seen.

The Clare oval would be the worst ground in the NEFL always muddy and covered in sand. South-Clare's facilities are great but North's are trash. The actual oval in Snowtown is the best in the NEFL.

And yeah the Encounter Bay oval is as good as iv seen.

Really? I would've thought being the only large town in the area it would have probably been the most maintained and best financially.

Actually come to think of it I know someone involved with North Clare and apparently frost plays a major part in its condition detiriorating over the season am I right? I played a trial game at Snowtown last year which has a pretty good oval. Dad used to play for Victor and Encounter Bay is a great oval. It can host night games too can't it?

We trained at Port Wakefield a few weeks ago and I was pretty impressed with the oval surface, its great to go back into the changerooms and not have to remove a thick layer of mud from your boots like any YP ovals.

Really? I would've thought being the only large town in the area it would have probably been the most maintained and best financially.

Actually come to think of it I know someone involved with North Clare and apparently frost plays a major part in its condition detiriorating over the season am I right?

I'd say so. The Valleys end pocket (where we used to run out) was always muddy when I played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back