Vic Best nightspots to go in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know any nightclubs that don't use the Scantek system? Heard Hidden don't use it, anywhere else? Few friends got banned last week, so trying to see what places they can still go.

is that like where they scan your id?

tbh, ive rarely been anywhere with that - does revs even have it?? new guerns, brown alley, boney, lounge, im pretty sure i've never been scanned at...

is that like where they scan your id?

tbh, ive rarely been anywhere with that - does revs even have it?? new guerns, brown alley, boney, lounge, im pretty sure i've never been scanned at...
Its the places with the camera thing you have to look into and they scan your ID at the same time. Cloud, Wah and Tramp have them but I don't really go to any clubs outside of those 3 so don't really know where does.

dude, you should check out some of the melbourne's many nightspots. any of those three i named would be sweet, but brown alley probably best given where you've been going. then lounge, then guerns, then boney.

Its the places with the camera thing you have to look into and they scan your ID at the same time. Cloud, Wah and Tramp have them but I don't really go to any clubs outside of those 3 so don't really know where does.

Your mates have done themselves a favour if they are the only three you go to...

Probably the worst club in Melbourne.

16 year olds galore. Poor layout. Terrible tunes. Rarely packed.

I guess it's always been like that, but I look back on it more fondly when I was 18. It's been around for so long, I'm surprised it's still going. Has somehow managed to reinvent itself a few times.

Interesting how you say it's rarely packed... Was heading there one night last year after we won the premiership. Apparently we were 'guaranteed to get in' because one of our players was a DJ... say the club name we know blah blah and you're in. Couldn't get in, the bouncers were just letting girls in who were strolling straight out of cabs into the club, bypassing a good 200 people in the line. They were all solid 8's and above and most likely the regulars, but the way they were strutting into the club was funny. Not even a word to the bouncers, just bang straight in. That's going to annoy people in the line who won't come back...probably why it's not packed now.

Also, like you say, after looking at their facebook page and what I saw in photos, the crowd just consists of your typical eastern suburbs private school guy or girl. Definitely a high level of exclusivity, not a very diverse crowd.

16 year olds galore. Poor layout. Terrible tunes. Rarely packed.

I guess it's always been like that, but I look back on it more fondly when I was 18. It's been around for so long, I'm surprised it's still going. Has somehow managed to reinvent itself a few times.

was the stone cold nuts in 2006-08.

dude, you should check out some of the melbourne's many nightspots. any of those three i named would be sweet, but brown alley probably best given where you've been going. then lounge, then guerns, then boney.
Probably just going to start hitting up TFU instead. Only been to Brown Alley on special events, what kind of music do they play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably just going to start hitting up TFU instead. Only been to Brown Alley on special events, what kind of music do they play?
deeper stuff. occasionally a bit acid-y, which i love.

CAN ANYONE HIT ME UP WITH A TICKET TO THE LAST SUMMER SERIES? gonna be outrageous, ame and nixon... meee-ow.

Might be getting dragged to Levels on Sat night. How strict is dress code? Like chinos and a polo be ok? If not I'll probably not go srs. I'm not getting too dressed up to go to some trashy club

Might be getting dragged to Levels on Sat night. How strict is dress code? Like chinos and a polo be ok? If not I'll probably not go srs. I'm not getting too dressed up to go to some trashy club
Yeh Chinos and a polo is fine.

Sa-weet. Also if you're on a guestlist are you guaranteed entry? Otherwise 4 guys might not get in unless we can find some girls to come too
If your with the guestlists namesake you should be sweet.
If not try get there 1030 or so before the line gets massive.
Otherwise you know how it is in Melbourne, bring some girls or just pair up in line.

If your with the guestlists namesake you should be sweet.
If not try get there 1030 or so before the line gets massive.
Otherwise you know how it is in Melbourne, bring some girls or just pair up in line.
Yeh usually just pairing up does the job even if there are about 5 all guy pairs in a row.

As for the guestlist, I'm just talking about the ones you see on FB that heaps of people are tagged in

Yeh usually just pairing up does the job even if there are about 5 all guy pairs in a row.

As for the guestlist, I'm just talking about the ones you see on FB that heaps of people are tagged in
Oh I got ya. Yeh those list just mean cheaper entry before midnight.
But yeh the 2 by 2 should be sweet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back