Best off season list changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Dom Cassisi, Campbell Heath, Cam Hitchcock, Ben Newton, Brent Renouf & Lewis Stevenson = OUT

Paddy Ryder = IN

+

A vastly more mature Nathan Krakouer = IN

+

Four TALL 18 year olds

It cannot get better than that

It could if those four 18 year old talls were not speculative late draft picks, and if Ryder didn't have a ban from ASADA looming over him.

It could if those four 18 year old talls were not speculative late draft picks,

They were the only picks we had, so what do you suggest we should have done ... huh?

and if Ryder didn't have a ban from ASADA looming over him.

Typical crow, you talk about that with great difficulty, salivating so much ... :rolleyes:

They were the only picks we had, so what do you suggest we should have done ... huh?

Typical crow, you talk about that with great difficulty, salivating so much ... :rolleyes:

On the post I quoted you said: "It cannot get better than that." Umm yeah, it can. Those late picks have a very small chance of being successful. With the talent you could have got with your first 2 picks before you traded them off you could have taken some highly touted players that have a good chance of succeeding. Just think of a Laverde or a Goddard fitting into your team...If Ryder goes for 1-2 years this could be seen as the draft that cost you a premiership, and the trade where Essendon reamed you. You should be sweating.

On the post I quoted you said: "It cannot get better than that." Umm yeah, it can. Those late picks have a very small chance of being successful. With the talent you could have got with your first 2 picks before you traded them off you could have taken some highly touted players that have a good chance of succeeding. Just think of a Laverde or a Goddard fitting into your team...If Ryder goes for 1-2 years this could be seen as the draft that cost you a premiership, and the trade where Essendon reamed you. You should be sweating.

You're off in the world of pixies

Dom Cassisi, Campbell Heath, Cam Hitchcock, Ben Newton, Brent Renouf & Lewis Stevenson = OUT

Paddy Ryder = IN

+

A vastly more mature Nathan Krakouer = IN

+

Four TALL 18 year olds

It cannot get better than that

The drafts you guys recruited Boak, Wines, Wingard, Grey ect are better, so it can get much better.

It sounds like you missed what Moore did v Sandy and Calder in his last two finals.

Moore played back for the majority of the season for developmental reasons. If he struggles anywhere if anything I would say he struggled in the back half as a guy who could beat his opponent but not provide any consistent or meaningful rebound.

Up forward where Moore rarely played but occasionally swung due to Oakleigh needing goals he really showed he could put his stamp on games and influence the outcome with some very meaningful touches and showing that he can dominate in a variety of the ways - with his freak athleticism, ground level ability but then also strong overhead marking ability in his own right.

Ranking Moore's performance of this year v the other forwards isn't so much applicable due to the fact that he was not consistently played forward. More important in projecting his career outcomes is his improvement shown (strong), his willingness to improve and coachability (near if not best in the draft) and his mix of traits (again elite by position with his mix of tricks as a guy who at ground level and overhead is capable but then also has excellent height and excellent athletic traits by position and a frame that suggests he will have no issue putting on further size).

On where Moore should play his career. It's a waste of talent having Moore back. Lever, Goddard, Marchbank and Oscar McDonald who went in the 50s are all better key defenders in my view. As a key forward Moore can be the best of the lot.
Yes he could, most people think not though.

O'rouke will dominate now he is in a comfortable environment, close to his family and friends. Hawthorn know how to develop their youngsters too! He will have 2/3 years learning from hodge and Mitchell.
Not to say laverde won't be a gun, I just think hawthorn have got a possible superstar on their hands in O'rouke.
Say that and people might think he is a sook and soft, eg: Boyd.

Bit harsh calling Liam Jones & Tutt deadwood, think will both be much improved players at the Blues

Think Liam was bigger loss as thought was decent player and would play good along side Boyd & Stringer as 3rd tall, deep target.

Jason has a lot to work to do but huge upside with his pace, all this has just cost Blues 3rd round and PS draft selection
If Jones never looked like leaving the dogs, Carlton people would be saying he is crap and always will be. just the nature of the beast when players are now with the club you support compared to when they were not.

So Cooney is lazy, poisonous with a poor attitude..................sounds like just the character type you'd want at your club. :eek: .................................but we are talking Essendon so I get it. (tongue in cheek)

Higgins getting 400K...........He'll go O.K. He'll want to on that money.

Griffen is a gun................but you'll be paying him to play at another club. Weird isn't it? :)
No not really.and its not weird that you think its strange the dogs are paying part of Ryan's contract, because like some others on here, you are small minded to understand what has been written about the reasons for it. They had to pay it to spend more on their cap as they were struggling to get the cap payment amount close to 95 %, even after upgrading some of the other younger players contracts. But you continue thinking its weird ;-)

No not really.and its not weird that you think its strange the dogs are paying part of Ryan's contract, because like some others on here, you are small minded to understand what has been written about the reasons for it. They had to pay it to spend more on their cap as they were struggling to get the cap payment amount close to 95 %, even after upgrading some of the other younger players contracts. But you continue thinking its weird ;-)

So the notion of paying players that are no longer with your club as opposed to front ending some other players contracts that are with your club, sits fine with you? ............... and you call me small minded. :) Sell that notion to the players missing out................good luck.

You're paying because you were bent over a barrel in your quest for Boyd as you had to save face for supporters somehow.
I'm surprised you can't see this (I'll give you credit that you can but just don't wish to) because most others can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many years are they paying for part of Ryan Griffen's contract?

Yes he could, most people think not though.

It could go any numbers of ways with those key forwards. Darcy Moore could be the best of the group. Patrick McCartin if his diabetes doesn't impede on his progress and his career has that same opportunity. Reece McKenzie if things go right could be the best key forward in this draft. Peter Wright is another who should be in that conversation though unless the others fail monumentally I don't see him being that best key forward to come out of the draft, though I do think he in his own right will be a very good one.

It will take at least four years before it will really be fair to assess any of these talls with that fourth season often that time where most of those talls start to become genuine AFL quality footballers.

It could if those four 18 year old talls were not speculative late draft picks, and if Ryder didn't have a ban from ASADA looming over him.
They did well. Ryder only is gold - Asada ban if anything will be little. It won't impact the win they had. They are stronger and every chance to win the flag next year.

Prime? Did you say prime?
Then why not delist him along with the others?

Some of you guys just make up stuff on the run. It's strange.

Hey, settle down guy. I'm not the one desperately trying to pretend Carlton pulled off a big recruiting coup

Hey, settle down guy. I'm not the one desperately trying to pretend Carlton pulled off a big recruiting coup

I don't know what you're pretending to say which is the problem, to me at least.

You've defended someone how was making stuff up by further adding that Tutt was a prime delistment candidate.
That means you're saying that Tutt was first cab of the rank to be delisted.....yet he wasn't delisted whilst the Dogs actually wanted to keep him.

You see how confusing your statement is?.............and by the way it has nothing to do with Carlton pulling off a recruiting coup which is the line of argument you've resorted to.............it's just saying that some of you guys don't know what you're talking about. That's all.

I don't know what you're pretending to say which is the problem, to me at least.

You've defended someone how was making stuff up by further adding that Tutt was a prime delistment candidate.
That means you're saying that Tutt was first cab of the rank to be delisted.....yet he wasn't delisted whilst the Dogs actually wanted to keep him.

You see how confusing your statement is?.............and by the way it has nothing to do with Carlton pulling off a recruiting coup which is the line of argument you've resorted to.............it's just saying that some of you guys don't know what you're talking about. That's all.

Why would we delist him when at the time we were still trying to get something for him because it was obvious carlton had interest?

In the end we got nothing for him but that's ok, it's not like we've lost a potential superstar or even a guy likely to have an AFL career.

Why would we delist him when at the time we were still trying to get something for him because it was obvious carlton had interest?

In the end we got nothing for him but that's ok, it's not like we've lost a potential superstar or even a guy likely to have an AFL career.

So you're admitting he wasn't a prime delistee then.........see, the truth does eventually makes its way out.

At the end you still didn't delist him as Tutt chose to leave......leave, as he didn't want to stay with the club. Boy, that went the long way around.

It'd be advisable for you to stop pontificating, makes you look like a bit of a dickhead to be honest.

He was a prime candidate but Carlton came sniffing anyway. Of course we'd try to get a bit for him, it'd have been irresponsible not to. In the end he's played 20 games in five seasons so if they want to flog that dead horse it isn't our problem.

They way I see it, Carlton's list is ageing and bereft of any substantial amount of young talent. They need to bring in guys like Jones and Tutt who were VFL players at other clubs because they fit an age bracket

It'd be advisable for you to stop pontificating, makes you look like a bit of a dickhead to be honest.

He was a prime candidate but Carlton came sniffing anyway. Of course we'd try to get a bit for him, it'd have been irresponsible not to. In the end he's played 20 games in five seasons so if they want to flog that dead horse it isn't our problem.

They way I see it, Carlton's list is ageing and bereft of any substantial amount of young talent. They need to bring in guys like Jones and Tutt who were VFL players at other clubs because they fit an age bracket

ManOfClay, do you re-read your posts?
Read this: Man of Clay said: "I'm not the one desperately trying to pretend Carlton pulled off a big recruiting coup"
What does that tell you? Off topic a touch, maybe?

Jones & Tutt wanted to leave your club as did your captain along with others. They're the facts but you don't like them. That's O.K. but just be honest.

It has nothing to do with how well Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Jones or Tutt will perform.
It just suggests you club was somewhat on the nose. Everyone knows that..........it's not a secret.

BTW: Tutt was not a prime candidate for de-listing as you keep suggesting. Do you even know what prime means?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back