Best player in the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Beams is one of the best midfielders in the game he would struggle to be in the top 20, while Naitanui is firmly in the top 20 players in the game.
I understand you're an Eagles fan and you should back your players but you'll find a very tough challenge finding other BF users agreeing with that statement.

1. Beams
2. Hannebery
3. Hurley
4. Rockliff
5. Naitanui
6. Sloane
7. Sidebottom
8. Shuey
9. Hill
10. Redden

Incredible draft.
Look, I'm probably bias with 2012 and 2014 but both have potential to be there, a long way to go with those drafts but they are my prodictions. Heppell is a good reflection of a weak draft as is shaw/cooney

Grundy is my favourite Collingwood player but to say he's been better than Whitfield, Stringer, Viney or Wines is absurd.

said no one ever
I'm not sure about that. Cox is regarded as an all time great and clearly the best ruck since the millennium. He's a 6 time All Australian (NR is only 5), a premiership player and whilst he only has one b&ff to his name he's multiple top 3 finishes which isn't too bad in a team that had one of the goat midfields.

I'm not sure about that. Cox is regarded as an all time great and clearly the best ruck since the millennium. He's a 6 time All Australian (NR is only 5), a premiership player and whilst he only has one b&ff to his name he's multiple top 3 finishes which isn't too bad in a team that had one of the goat midfields.
just don't...

Reiwoldt would struggle to be in the discussion for team of the decade, cox is in the discussion for best team ever.

lol no. Riewoldt is easily in team of the decade slotted perfectly at CHF. Cox isn't in the frame for best ever stuck behind the likes of Madden, Farmer, Nicholls and Dempsey.

lol no. Riewoldt is easily in team of the decade slotted perfectly at CHF. Cox isn't in the frame for best ever stuck behind the likes of Madden, Farmer, Nicholls and Dempsey.
Franklin smashes reiwoldt while cox is just a straight up lock.
just don't...
Nice counter argument, I get that reiwoldt is one of your favourite sons and all that but it is a fact that cox is better.

Franklin smashes reiwoldt while cox is just a straight up lock.

Nice counter argument, I get that reiwoldt is one of your favourite sons and all that but it is a fact that cox is better.

Franklin at FF, Riewoldt at CHF. Hands down the two best key forwards which are far more valuable to a team than a ruckman.

Franklin at FF, Riewoldt at CHF. Hands down the two best key forwards which are far more valuable to a team than a ruckman.
Franklin isn't a FF though, also it depends what type of ruckman, cox wasn't just any ruckman who only got hitouts, he was basically a 4th midfielder.

Franklin isn't a FF though, also it depends what type of ruckman, cox wasn't just any ruckman who only got hitouts, he was basically a 4th midfielder.

Just as Riewoldt could play from CHF and act as another midfielder he could cover that much ground and still be a force up forward. Also the thing about Riewoldt is not only was he better, he was better for longer.

Although going in to bat for Cox isn't as bad as trying to sneak in Kerr at 3 when he's easily behind Burgoyne and Thompson.

Just as Riewoldt could play from CHF and act as another midfielder he could cover that much ground and still be a force up forward. Also the thing about Riewoldt is not only was he better, he was better for longer.

Although going in to bat for Cox isn't as bad as trying to sneak in Kerr at 3 when he's easily behind Burgoyne and Thompson.
Kerr would have won a Brownlow if not for injury and was very close for another one. He is far better than those two spuds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgoyne a spud, now you're just taking the piss.

I reckon every coach over the last 10 years would take Burgoyne over Kerr. Kerr's best was unreal, but Burgoyne has been a gun for 10+ years

The thing about comparing Cox and Riewoldt is that they weren't even in the same draft year IIRC. Cox was 99 (2000 Rookie Draft = 1999 Main Draft), Riewoldt was 2000.

We are talking about a guy who came 2nd in the Brownlow (to a teammate), the next year 3rd and then came second again despite only playing 17 games. He was an out and out star and saying he is worse than Burgoyne is insulting.
I agree with this, Kerr was a star, brilliant to watch. I'd put him ahead of Burgoyne. Injuries just got the better of him later on.

Shaun Burgoyne can play all over the field, incredibly versatile, I'd be taking him over Kerr, and he was my fav non Port player.
Burgoyne's peaks are better, and (I'd presume) has played more games.

Burgoyne is a great player but Kerr in the WC glory days was a bee's dick of being as good as Judd who was at that stage on track for GOAT. The bias towards current and recently retired players on this board is ridiculous.

Kerrs peak may have been higher but it was so much shorter

Longevity isn't everything, but it's worth a fair bit when it helps your clubs dominate the comp for a decade and a half, as opposed to 3 or so years of dominance w Kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back