Best player in the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Riewoldt over Cox for me too.

For Carlton, we've never taken the best player in the draft. Kinda sad considering the picks we've had over the last decade. Cripps might be our best chance to buck the trend, but a lot of water to go under that bridge and it's gonna be tough with Bont in his draft pool.

The Cox and Riewoldt isn't as clear cut as it appears imho. As a forward Riewoldt is as good as we've seen since Carey, he's right up there with Franklin. But Cox was a freak in terms of his rucking ability, he was like a really talented Jimmy Stynes in that he was basically an extra midfielder.

Were they from the same draft?

If I had to pick one I'd probably go with the key forward but I still understand the argument for Cox.

Riewoldt over Cox for me too.

For Carlton, we've never taken the best player in the draft. Kinda sad considering the picks we've had over the last decade. Cripps might be our best chance to buck the trend, but a lot of water to go under that bridge and it's gonna be tough with Bont in his draft pool.
Have the Hawks picked the best available player or taken a player they rated lower than our selections?

Late picks are pot luck if Schoenmakers can get a flag after spudding it up more than Yarran and Robinson. Sad that supporters miss the big picture.

Have the Hawks picked the best available player or taken a player they rated lower than our selections?

Late picks are pot luck if Schoenmakers can get a flag after spudding it up more than Yarran and Robinson. Sad that supporters miss the big picture.

What's the big picture? All those flags we've won this last decade?

2000 Reiwoldt
2002 Goddard
2013. Billings
2014 McCartin and Lonie (1 & 2)
Great last 2 years. ;)

2013 Billings, haha. He's gonna be good but not better than Bontempelli and Cripps.

Shaun Burgoyne can play all over the field, incredibly versatile, I'd be taking him over Kerr, and he was my fav non Port player.
Burgoyne's peaks are better, and (I'd presume) has played more games.
Also worth mentioning influence around the club. Burgoyne's a really great contributor, role model and leader, Kerr...

Also worth mentioning influence around the club. Burgoyne's a really great contributor, role model and leader, Kerr...
Yeah I was tempted to mention that... Burgoyne's exit wasn't as good as it could have been at Port though, however all is forgiven for that. But I agree 100%.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own.
I think Natinui goes missing and has been inconsistent and played only one very good season.

For me,

Beams
Natinui
Hurley
Sloane
Sidebottom

Id take Sidey, NicNat, and Hurley over the next five years over Sloane, and perhaps some of those over Beams too.

Those five guys are al guns. Just ask Bris who offered Beams an almost million dollar contract. Or Sidey, who have Essendon desperate for his signature, and who was offered a big arse contract by NM last trade period.

Rockliff not even in the frame.
Rockliff not even in the frame? He was All Australian in 2014. How many times have Sidebottom and Sloane made the All Australian squad? 0. Rockliff>Sloane>Sidebottom.

Try again
This season he will definitely get AA if not injured bookmark this post and if he doesn't I'll change my sig to what you want for 2 years.

I know NicNat is going to be a very good player. Beams is already there imho
He was there in 2012 he has fallen a lot since then.

Yes. Naitanui also fell off but he got close to his best this season.

Dayne Beams finished with the 8th best SuperCoach average in 16 games this season.

SuperCoach takes into account the (positive and negative) impact a player has on a game. Beams dominated this year and duly finished on top of the Brisbane Lions B&F this year.

Dayne Beams finished with the 8th best SuperCoach average in 16 games this season.

SuperCoach takes into account the (positive and negative) impact a player has on a game. Beams dominated this year and duly finished on top of the Brisbane Lions B&F this year.
Using SuperCoach points is pushing it, by their standards westhoff is better than Kennedy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back