Best players you've seen

Remove this Banner Ad

There was nothing R9 couldn't do. Perfect forward, if he didn't blow his knee twice who knows what the numbers would be.....:eek:
Kid had it all. Was the best player in the world.... as a teeanger. His numbers at PSV and Inter are ridiculous for someone that age. And to come back and completely transform himself the way he did at Madrid after the recos is nothing short of amazing.

All the best players ive seen live are Liverpool players. So Gerrard, Suarez, Torres (when in his pomp) Xabi, Mascherano, Hyypia, Carragher.

On Ronaldinho, the frustrating thing for me about him is that he was only great for such a short amount of time. Then just became s**t at like 27. Weird.

Had the absolute pleasure of watching Ronaldinho play against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge back in 2006. Absolutely phenomenal player. Messi & Ronaldo may have better numbers but Ronaldinho is the most exciting and naturally gifted footballer I have ever seen. He had an uncanny knack of making even the best players in the world look stupid, then he'd stop, shimmy, and do it all again just for the fun of it.

Absolutely agree with this. Would watch Ronaldinho before I'd watch Messi or Ronaldo. There was something special with what he could do, he was just mesmerizing.

The stats imply Messi and Ronaldo are better players (in fairness, with their numbers, it cannot be argued), but Ronaldinho was an amazing footballer for those two or three years he was at the summit of world football. His turn of pace was frightening, in the clip below, you can see how fast he was in a split second. Absolutely unbelievable acceleration. His technique is among the best I've seen (Zidane also up there, maybe at the top, or on par, I don't know), and the way he could manipulate a football was something of true beauty.

The whip he'd get on it too was ridiculous. Enjoy this, lads.

The stats imply Messi and Ronaldo are better players (in fairness, with their numbers, it cannot be argued), but Ronaldinho was an amazing footballer for those two or three years he was at the summit of world football. His turn of pace was frightening, in the clip below, you can see how fast he was in a split second. Absolutely unbelievable acceleration. His technique is among the best I've seen (Zidane also up there, maybe at the top, or on par, I don't know), and the way he could manipulate a football was something of true beauty.

The whip he'd get on it too was ridiculous. Enjoy this, lads.

So close to being an Arsenal player too :(

Could you imagine if he joined in 2001 :drunk:

Had the absolute pleasure of watching Ronaldinho play against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge back in 2006. Absolutely phenomenal player. Messi & Ronaldo may have better numbers but Ronaldinho is the most exciting and naturally gifted footballer I have ever seen. He had an uncanny knack of making even the best players in the world look stupid, then he'd stop, shimmy, and do it all again just for the fun of it.
I agree except for the part where he'd do things for the fun of it. He was the first player with ridiculous skill I remember putting it to effective use. He was very direct.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People talk about players like Bergkamp', Xavi, Pirlo, Cesc etc

Combine them all into one player and you'll come close to Zidane.

Who does the Marseille turn even nowadays? Or ever? Aside from Laudrup

If a normal player does it once and bamboozles someone it'd be on a youtube highlight being bragged about forever. That guy does it like a few times a game like it's breakfast

He defies logic and the laws of physics

He was like the Mozart of football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back