Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russell Westbrook

• Jeremy Lin

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Best Point Guard?

Rose easily the best all around PG. It's amusing that his ability to drop 50 on you is considered a bad thing? Erm that makes him better.

Best passer though... Rubio.
How is Rose the best all around point guard? He's a scorer and above average point guard. CP3 and Rondo are much better all around point guards. As for best passer Rubio doesn't come close to CP3, Rondo and Nash yet.

Rose easily the best all around PG. It's amusing that his ability to drop 50 on you is considered a bad thing? Erm that makes him better.

Best passer though... Rubio.

I'm with you on both calls.

1. CP3
2. D-Rose
3. Deron
4. Westbrook
5. Rondo/Nash

so many good point guards in the league at the min

Derrick Rose is unstoppable. Unguardable. CP3, Rondo and Nash are good but when you are in the playoffs and you need a bucket? Rose all day long. He is probably the second or third best player in the league behind KD and LeBron.

How does Rubio not come close to CP3, Nash or Rondo as a passer? Hands down Rubio is the best passer of a basketball in the league right now, he is ridiculous, some of the stuff he does is Magic Johnson like.

You really need to go and watch Rondo and Nash see the floor. They are better passers right now. Rondo and Nash can throw passes like Magic so what?

Did you even watch the playoffs in the last couple of seasons? CP3 torched the Lakers last season by scoring and more. Nash is capable of scoring twenty in the playoffs and Rondo has been one of our best scorers in the playoffs since 2009.

How does Rubio not come close to CP3, Nash or Rondo as a passer? Hands down Rubio is the best passer of a basketball in the league right now, he is ridiculous, some of the stuff he does is Magic Johnson like.
Not while the Suns still drag out Steve Nash's Corpse onto the floor

I love Rubio and he's ultimately has the tools to be as good as Nash, However Saying he's the best passer right now is wrong. Steve Nash is also a better distributer then Magic Johnson.

You really need to go and watch Rondo and Nash see the floor. They are better passers right now. Rondo and Nash can throw passes like Magic so what?

Did you even watch the playoffs in the last couple of seasons? CP3 torched the Lakers last season by scoring and more. Nash is capable of scoring twenty in the playoffs and Rondo has been one of our best scorers in the playoffs since 2009.

Im probably throwing a little too much love Rubio's way but it's just refreshing to see a PG throw the rock around with as much flair as he does. Rubio is just flat out exciting to watch.

But I stick with my original statement. Rose is the best PG in the NBA, simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boston on the down

cp3 is the best guard currently will also win a championship before d.rose

Why is that so inconceivable? I'm not necessarily saying it's true but they seem pretty comparable. You make it seem as if Magic would be far and away a better passer.

Erm because Magic Johnson is Magic Johnson. He is by far the greatest PG the world has ever seen. Ever. Full Stop. End of conversation.

He is far and away a better passer, he is far and away a better everything. There is Magic Johnson, then the rest.

Erm because Magic Johnson is Magic Johnson. He is by far the greatest PG the world has ever seen. Ever. Full Stop. End of conversation.

He is far and away a better passer, he is far and away a better everything. There is Magic Johnson, then the rest.

This is just like your Liverpool arguments. No substance, just blanket statements and cliches.

Nash ranks with the best passers ever to play the game. The best? I don't know, but I also don't know how you can quantify the best. What passes has Magic thrown that Nash hasn't, and vice versa?

Magic is Magic because he revolutionised the position. He was a point guard who could play all five spots, rebound and run the floor despite his size. That doesn't automatically make him a better passer than someone like Nash, who doesn't have the other tools/size.

This is just like your Liverpool arguments. No substance, just blanket statements and cliches.

Nash ranks with the best passers ever to play the game. The best? I don't know, but I also don't know how you can quantify the best. What passes has Magic thrown that Nash hasn't, and vice versa?

Magic is Magic because he revolutionised the position. He was a point guard who could play all five spots, rebound and run the floor despite his size. That doesn't automatically make him a better passer than someone like Nash, who doesn't have the other tools/size.
[YOUTUBE]v4Dm0lZTqCc[/YOUTUBE]
Watch that. If you still think Nash is a better passer than you need help.

Ron I also think you need to take off the Spurs dumb arse blind homer glasses and watch Rondo play. Rondo has been a better player since the 2009 playoffs.

I didn't say Nash was a better passer. However I'm sure someone could make a compilation video of Nash's best passes over his career and it would be pretty special too.

To call Magic "far and away a better passer" than Nash is just ignorant. Which is what I responded to.

Watch that.
I did, it was brillant.

If you still think Nash is a better passer than you need help.

He never said that. He was just pointing out that the gap (if there even is one) isn't as incredibly large as you're trying to make out. A highlights package of Nash's best career assists wouldn't look half bad either.

I just watched one on Youtube, it's basically just ten examples of Nash driving into the paint and then wrapping a pass around defenders to a trailing big. Which is no surprise as he is definitely the best exponent of that skill I've ever seen.

[YOUTUBE]0Mwzy99Ybgo[/YOUTUBE]

OMG JASON WILLIAMS IS THE BEST PASSER!1

I still Believe Nash is a better distributer then Magic, Not a better player. Nash has made a team of scrubs look like basketball players in his time in phoenix.

There is a reason why he's still sought after at 37. He's nowhere near as flashy as Magic so his passing highlights wont look as great, however it's not about the most spectacular pass guys. It's about being able to set up 4 guys on the field so they dont have to work as hard for the shot, He made Amar'e and he's turned Gortat into a player, Magic had guys like Kareem and Worthy as well, No doubt they would help an assist count as well when your throwing them the ball in a 1 on 1 situation

In saying that Johnson was a better defender, rebounder, offensive weapon, a versitile nightmare and turns out he's the best point guard of all time so im not trashing the man

Back