Best pub to watch the footy in Townsville?

Remove this Banner Ad

wowlace

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2010
Kewarra Beach
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
I'm Townsville for 5 weeks. Does anyone know what pub would be best to watch AFL? There are a few options around the city near where I am staying. No local has been able to give me an answer.

I'm Townsville for 5 weeks. Does anyone know what pub would be best to watch AFL? There are a few options around the city near where I am staying. No local has been able to give me an answer.
What's AFL?

What's AFL?

What you did there, I see it.

Surprisingly a fair amount of Vics up here, but none of them are into football. Go figure.

Edit: I guess I will just wander into the nearest pub and hope I don't get my head kicked in when I ask to change the channel.

What you did there, I see it.

Surprisingly a fair amount of Vics up here, but none of them are into football. Go figure.

Edit: I guess I will just wander into the nearest pub and hope I don't get my head kicked in when I ask to change the channel.
I often travel the country for work and there are quite a few pubs that don't show both AFL games, even in WA where I spend most of my time usually have one AFL game and one NRL game on. So being in Queensland you might have to check that they are going to show they game or at least ask them to put it on which in cases the don't. Good luck in trying find a good spot for the game.

I often travel the country for work and there are quite a few pubs that don't show both AFL games, even in WA where I spend most of my time usually have one AFL game and one NRL game on. So being in Queensland you might have to check that they are going to show they game or at least ask them to put it on which in cases the don't. Good luck in trying find a good spot for the game.

I'm smack bang in the middle of city. I have about 4 options, I just thought someone might already know which one to hit up. I might go for a walk now and do some recon. So as I don't miss the first quarter.

I'm smack bang in the middle of city. I have about 4 options, I just thought someone might already know which one to hit up. I might go for a walk now and do some recon. So as I don't miss the first quarter.
Yeah go check the pubs early, I've missed the first halves of games for going to the pubs too late

Found a dude who will put it on for me. But *, none these pubs are air conditioned. It's hot as * up here and the pubs are all windows open with old dudes sweating it up at the bar.

Try Flinders St. Couple of really good pubs there.

Grab dinner at Bennys wok afterwards. Awesome food.

Try Flinders St. Couple of really good pubs there.

Grab dinner at Bennys wok afterwards. Awesome food.
Is there anywhere you haven't been and know the place inside out? :D

I notice one guy watching the tigers game on the big screen so I ask the duty manager to put the dees game on one of the smaller tvs. What's a dees? Haha.

You might be s**t out of luck. If it's anything like Gympie, there'll be maybe one pub with Foxtel and there'll be 30 ugly locals watching some ******* nuffy league game. I'm resigned to watching the Tigers Dogs game on free to air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice one guy watching the tigers game on the big screen so I ask the duty manager to put the dees game on one of the smaller tvs. What's a dees? Haha.
You're really in the thick of it aren't you.

Cute young girl serving me members prices beers. Not bad. Dees pwning. Life is good.

Get to the Shamrock in south Townsville on Palmer St. They sponsor the Unihawks AFL club. Awesome bunch of blokes, and their captain happens to be a big demons fan!!

Get to the Shamrock in south Townsville on Palmer St. They sponsor the Unihawks AFL club. Awesome bunch of blokes, and their captain happens to be a big demons fan!!

That's just across the bridge from me. I walked past and had a look in but they had the place wide open. I need some AC. It's cooled down a bit since last week though. Much more habitable.

Missed this first time. Febes and the boys are great value. I've got a couple of mates up there and got to play a game for them while up on a holiday. Great fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back