Analysis Best Wins of 2014 Home and Away Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the H/A season isn't quite finished, by l thought l'll raise the question of what was the best three wins of the 2014 H/A season in the opinion of NM posters and why.

1. Win against Hawthorn.
Why: Because we put the reigning premiers back in their box and upset the little hawk bandwagoner fans because we throughly embarrassed them.

2. Win against Fremantle.
Why: Beating the Grand Finalists in Perth on ANZAC day with a number of outs, did the shinboner and ANZAC spirit proud.

3. Win against the plastic crows.
Why: Because it was bloody awesome.

Have at it my enlightened NM brethren.

Hey, let's look on the bright side if we lose the Elimination Final. At least we can try to cheer ourselves up with memes for 6 months:

h2310C80C

It would never be as bad as Richmond getting knocked out by late arrivals Carlton.
Or ironically losing to a ninth placed team, in a final, the lols that were had that day.

3. North v Adelaide
We were shown once again that Turner is hard as nails and for the second week in a row we saw that our hard bodies mids can be great up forward with Ziebell kicking 4.5. While some (including myself) were worried about the lack of Boomer, many stood up in his absence such s Nick Dal Santo who played very well after a bit of a form slump. However the real star was Andrew Swallow who played his best game since coming back from a terrible achilles injury. 11 disposals and 5
clearances in the final quarter (10 for the second half!). Those clearance numbers alone are crazy but even they don't do Swallow justice in how instrumental he was to our win in the final quarter.

2. North v Port
After having too many teams coming from behind and beating us, it was great to finally get a big one back against a team who were supposedly the fittest in the comp. Dal Santo was everywhere while Thomas and Boomer slotted through 3 each but it was Harvey's goals that proved the match winner. Boomer stood up and kicked two in the final quarter sealing the win.

1. North v Hawthorn
Easily our best win. Petrie came back into form and reassured us that he was the big man at North. Dal Santo and Boomer were firing on all cylinders while Hansen dominated down back with 28 disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was going to go back and watch one game from the season it would be the Adelaide win but that's because **** you Adelaide and **** yes Kayne Turner bitches
Reminds of south park. **** you whale and **** you dolphin.

I know the H/A season isn't quite finished, by l thought l'll raise the question of what was the best three wins of the 2014 H/A season in the opinion of NM posters and why.

1. Win against Hawthorn.
Why: Because we put the reigning premiers back in their box and upset the little hawk bandwagoner fans because we throughly embarrassed them.

2. Win against Fremantle.
Why: Beating the Grand Finalists in Perth on ANZAC day with a number of outs, did the shinboner and ANZAC spirit proud.

3. Win against the plastic crows.
Why: Because it was bloody awesome.

Have at it my enlightened NM brethren.

jzyW6f9.jpg

We have had some special wins so far this season, actually hard to split four or five of them without digging into the replays.

While traveling to Sydney and belting them and grinding out a special ANZAC day win in Perth against Fremantle were both coming of age games, its hard to go past beating Hawthorn.

1. Hawks - I've said it before and I'll say it again, they won this for my 21st birthday and travelling from SA I got to see it with my own eyes. Easily the best win I've ever seen live!

2. Port - I remember watching that game with my North guernsey on in my own lounge room. I didn't have faith it could be done, and even when Boomer put us ahead by 9 points the nightmares of last year started to creep in. They horror of the past was over when that siren sounded

3. Adelaide - didn't even get to watch the game but having 2 brothers that support them and knowing they brought me to tears as a five year old in 98, they can go and get stuffed!

Honorable mentions - Fremantle, Sydney, Richmond

i reckon the port game, they were up and running and set to kill all in their path and we outplayed them that night. delighted, and it was a very exciting match too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back