I'd say:

Stratton Lake Gibson
Hodge Shoenmakers Birchall
Smith Mitchell Hill
Puopolo Rough Bruest
Rioli Hale Gunston

McEvoy Lewis Shiels

Suckling Sewall Langford Cheney
End of thread. You nailled it. Well done.
Except that the best 22 may not be the best tactically. Who is the sub?
Cheney is a role player. Sewell a warrior. Langford a role player.
Then again both Cheney and Langford are versatile.
Who you leave out is the problem.

If it's working don't bother fixing it or messing with it. The current team is gelling incredibly well. Spangher stays in for mine. Our last 3 games with him in the side speak for themselves. Demolition jobs on Sydney, Freo & Gold Coast. Cheney stays in too and gets the small defenders role over Duryea.

For me the obvious ins from last night are Lake, Stratton & McEvoy. As tough as it is Shoe, Sewell & Whitecross (eventually) to earn a gig through great performances @ Box Hill or until the others drop off in form.

B: Cheney Lake Stratton
HB: Gibson Spangher Birchall
C: Smith Lewis Hill
HF: Bruest Hale Rioli
F: Gunston Roughead Puopolo

R: McEvoy Langford Mitchell
I: Suckling Hodge Shiels Burgoyne

Who's the sub then? Couldn't find room for Simpkin.

End of thread. You nailled it. Well done.
Except that the best 22 may not be the best tactically. Who is the sub?
Cheney is a role player. Sewell a warrior. Langford a role player.
Then again both Cheney and Langford are versatile.
Who you leave out is the problem.
Burgoyne, of course. Have to choose between Langford and Cheney and it has to be Cheney who misses out.

I knew I forgot someone big!

Burgoyne in, Jordan "Butterfingers" Lewis to the bench.

One of Sewell, Langford or Cheney out.

Burgoyne, of course. Have to choose between Langford and Cheney and it has to be Cheney who misses out.

Agreed, and I would expect a fully fit Whitecross would get the nod ahead of Langford.

B: Cheney Lake Stratton
HB: Gibson Schoenmakers Birchall
HF: Bruest Hale Rioli
F: Gunston Roughead Puopolo
R: McEvoy Sewell Mitchell
I: Simpkin (sub) Hodge Shiels Burgoyne

Langford, Suckling, Spangher, Duryea, Ceglar, Anderson as proven-AFL ready depth.

We don't have a best 22, we have about seven. That's why we are so good. It will come down to fitness, niggles or a drop off in form, or suspensions to see who represent us in September.The 22 that run on to the ground will be our best on the day.

Anderson will knock someone off before year's end if he stays fit.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk

As much as I love sewelly I think Anderson will take his place.

Shiels has taken Sewells spot, Langford has moved into Shiels old role. Sewelly just didn't have a big enough impact last year to try and crack this 22 on form, and is the least versatile senior player. Given the shuffle, we'd probably be after another utility and Anderson fits perfectly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson will knock someone off before year's end if he stays fit.

Sent from my C1905 using Tapatalk
I have heard he is good with a shotgun and I think even without his fitness he could knock someone off.
He may also break back into the team once he is fit. Hope he doesn't get caught knocking someone off.

B: Hodge Lake Stratton
HB: Burgoyne Gibson Birchall
HF: Breust Roughead Rioli
F: Gunston Hale Puopolo
R: McEvoy Sewell Mitchell
IC: Suckling Schoenmakers/Spangher Shiels Anderson (sub)

I like what Cheney has done so far this year, but once the talls come back in I can't see him staying in the side purely because he doesn't have the decision making by foot of guys like Hodge, Birchall, Burgoyne or Suckling. He isn't a turnover merchant by any means, but he certainly has more of a tendency to take the safe option and kick long up the boundary to a contest, whereas the others just seem to be able to quickly find a loose player a build a counterattack. I think that Hodge will play most of the year in the back pocket filling space and directing play.

Schoenmakers or Spangher to basically be the spare tall. Both versatile enough to play back or forward as required. Schoenmakers would be the preferred option but obviously hasn't played much recently so he would need to build some form to take that spot from Spangher.

Sub could be Anderson, Simpkin or Langford. Langford probably the stiffest of the 3 but Anderson has some real x factor and goal sense which makes him a dangerous sub.

Whitecross is obviously in this side if we are looking at the list in its entirety, fully fit.

i think people have forgotten just how good Anderson looked last year...will be best 22 by years end for sure

definitely got a lot of depth now, which is fantastic, the current boys are really getting the job done, so going to be hard for anyone to break in to the team...

No idea at all, except Anderson has to get in there. Great Tackling Pressure, can take a mark, kick a goal, leap tall buildings in a single bound!

Duryea is a spud under pressure. I'd take current Cheney any day.

a bit harsh, but he did seem to crumble in the early pressure against the Gold Coast...costly mistakes

i was hoping he would come on really well this year, after being pretty impressed with his form last year....maybe when Strats and Lake get back in, if he is still in the team, he will get back to some decent form...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back