Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

It really doesn't make sense to 'rescue' someone who is wearing a safety harness when there is no risk in waiting for the fire department.

EDIT: Plus people who are stripping drunk people of cash don't just hand over $500 bucks.
Agree. That whole robbing scene smelt of set up as soon as they found the wallet in the middle of the road, meters away from the fat guy.
I thought it was a pretty weak scene actually.

So after trying to do the right thing in the first few eps, this is the ep where we see him break bad.

I thought it was a pretty flat ep, apart from the fleeting moment with Nacho, it had no tension. It was pretty much just a demonstration of Saul's chops as a schemer.

So after trying to do the right thing in the first few eps, this is the ep where we see him break bad.

I thought it was a pretty flat ep, apart from the fleeting moment with Nacho, it had no tension. It was pretty much just a demonstration of Saul's chops as a schemer.
I reckon this is a set up for next week, we'll see something explosive I reckon.

I quite like the tension between his 'fantasy' to be a respected, successful lawyer like his brother was, against the scheming conman side of him that's willing to break the law to get what he thinks he wants. I have to admit I didn't see the set up in the alley (although I kept thinking he looks like the fat guy in BB), but that prelude made me know right away the sign incident was a set up. I think we're all waiting for the moment when Jimmy embraces his dark side and becomes Saul, but I think they'll drag it out for a while yet. Especially while his brother lives. I really liked the scene where Jimmy set Nacho straight about how he saved his ass in the court hallway that began with the "criminals are stupid" bit with Mike. That was a glimpse of Saul right there. Good show.

Last edited:
I think there will be a bit more to the brother having found out Jimmy is back to his old ways, consequences of some sort that lead to Jimmy finally committing to being 'the kind of lawyer that guilty people hire'.

bcs-mike-cares1.gif

Awesome episode, most enjoyable one so far. The intro was nice too, scared the s**t out of me when the dude stood up behind him, but lol. Also had no idea that that was the same guy near the end of the episode until he said "took you long enough." Saul you sneaky little campaigner. Ingenious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after trying to do the right thing in the first few eps
Apart from trying to convince Tuco not to kill the brothers after putting their lives in danger, he hasn't done any good at all. Even in the flashbacks he is bad.

I would have preferred that he wasn't already totally corrupt so we could have some character development, but.

Apart from trying to convince Tuco not to kill the brothers after putting their lives in danger, he hasn't done any good at all. Even in the flashbacks he is bad.

I would have preferred that he wasn't already totally corrupt so we could have some character development, but.
Not true. At his brother Chuck's request, he worked all those cases as a public defender to do the right thing, which he did as Chuck is really all Jimmy has in his life.
He also warned the Kettlemans when he realised that Nacho was going to rob/harm/kill them.

So he has evidence of trying to do the right thing, but deep down he's always been a scammer, which we saw in the intro.

Jumped on the Stan bandwagon and watched the first 4 eps. Think it's great so far. Jimmy's working great as a main character, it's different enough that it shouldn't be directly compared to BB. It's just another show in the same universe.

I'm enjoying the building up of a universe of characters around Saul. Every scene with Mike is gold. Nacho's a very interesting antagonist. Looks the goods so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back