Streaming Better Call Saul - ** Contains Spoliers! **

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Underwhelming finale IMO. But finally Jimmy turned into Saul. :D

Yeah the last bit was the best bit.
That bingo scene just went on and on and on.

I thought when Marco pulled out that watch it was going to end in Jimmy being arrested as the final scene.

Hey , you're NOT Kevin Costner !!...
K3yaOVu.jpg

I liked how in the Bingo Hall the flashing 5 became a flashing 2 when Jimmy said "...and I may have defecated through the sunroof". Just a bit of subtle humour thrown in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underwhelming episode, which capped off what I thought was a pretty underwhelming season. The coin con was great to watch and I really enjoyed the Chicago Sunroof story, but it all seemed a bit pointless.

The season certainly wasn't bad, but it just felt too drawn-out and self-indulgent. If this wasn't linked in any way to Breaking Bad, I would've jumped off the train already, but there is potential there. Some of the episodes were really great, but there was just too much filler. At this point, I in no way anticipate the next season. I'm just rather indifferent towards it all.

Madness. I am thoroughly enjoying BCS but it doesn't hold a candle to BrBa at this stage.
I think at the same stage, Better Call Saul had the better first season. Though keep in mind that I think the first season of BrBa was supposed to be longer if it weren't for the writers strike that occurred around the same time. In fact I remember watching the first season of BrBa and putting off the second season for a year because I wasn't too interested at that point and it took my sister shoving the DVD of the second season in my face for me to continue watching. Obviously it went up to a godly level season two onward, one of those rare shows that got better in each subsequent season. Hopefully Better Call Saul is the same.

Love the conflicting emotions of watching him in the alleyway hoping he wouldn't show, irrespective of knowing what happens in the future, followed by actual sadness over Marco to hoping he meets with the lawyers to the badassery almost * yeah moment of him humming out some Deep Purple. Not to mention his Bingo story.

For pure enjoyment that enters the pantheon of all time great first seasons. It mirrors BB's first season in how that was also a heck of a lot of fun.

I think at the same stage, Better Call Saul had the better first season. Though keep in mind that I think the first season of BrBa was supposed to be longer if it weren't for the writers strike that occurred around the same time. In fact I remember watching the first season of BrBa and putting off the second season for a year because I wasn't too interested at that point and it took my sister shoving the DVD of the second season in my face for me to continue watching. Obviously it went up to a godly level season two onward, one of those rare shows that got better in each subsequent season. Hopefully Better Call Saul is the same.

Eh can't agree, BCS has a significant leg up in the first season department due to the fact that it is in an established universe. Put them both on their own merits and I think BrBa has a far more engaging first season.

People are accepting the slow burn of BCS due to their experience with BrBa, BrBa didn't have that luxury.

He is anti hero.

The point of Chicago-Costner-Scams is to show us his flaws; they were there for the point of saying that this man underneath will be consistently compromised.

He may have turned down the $800 K split with Mike (who actually 'did the right thing') but by the end of the whole Season he is about to launch into Saul Goodman and the questionable legal and ethical behaviour that sees him dealing with the WW's of the world.

The finale wasn't underwhelming, it was road map into the next season.

Last edited:
As a whole I enjoyed it despite finding Jimmy just a bit too annoying at times & had been impatient for Saul to make an appearance for a while.

So both Jimmy & Walter had an 'easy option' presented to them on a platter but both consciously decided to break bad. Very similar characters in many ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back