Rumour Betting Investigation on 2 fremantle games

Remove this Banner Ad

I've seen the Rising Star mentioned. How do you have betting corruption in the Rising Star?

There was a betting plunge on rising star because some knob from the AFL contacted the courier mail the day before to make sure they'd have their sports reporter at the presentation. They put 2 + 2 together and Lewis taylor came in from $6 to $3 pretty quickly!

I've seen the Rising Star mentioned. How do you have betting corruption in the Rising Star?

There was a betting plunge on rising star because some knob from the AFL contacted the courier mail the day before to make sure they'd have their sports reporter at the presentation. They put 2 + 2 together and Lewis taylor came in from $6 to $3 pretty quickly!

Even though i don't rate the mardigra team, i cannot forsee them throwing anything in a premiership window, especially for monetary gain of others.

Calling this rumour for false

Match fixing should be easy to prove, just follow the money. Players and coaches have been caught with $5 bets so I can't see how anyone/team could get away with systematic cheating.

Match fixing should be easy to prove, just follow the money. Players and coaches have been caught with $5 bets so I can't see how anyone/team could get away with systematic cheating.

By getting a 'mate' to place bets on the outcome. Probably difficult and time consuming to show

that's coming right of a thumping against St Kilda though, so no one can say a close contest with Carlton was a surprise

If I'm not mistaken Fremantle had the bye in between the St Kilda and Carlton games, giving them a 12 day break.

Fair enough. I was just spitballing anyway. Still though, a decent flu outbreak (proper flu, not just bad cold) could easily knock you around for a couple of weeks.

It won't be genuine match-fixing, I'm sure of that.

Actually a month ago there were callers ringing our local radio station 6pr saying they heard rumours Fremantle wanted some games investigated for umpiring. Perhaps this could be what they are talking about?

Fisher would be the umpire in question. Ex Saints player who Lyon delisted.

It was also all over our board that during the Carlton game (we won by 5) Fisher paid 14 free kicks for the game. With 13 of those going to Carlton and 5 to Marc Murphy. Only 1 to Fremantle. Pretty damning stats and possibly backed up with other games he has umpired us in.

We received 4 total in the Dogs game! Need to think about that stat. 4 free kicks for a team that likes to pressure and harass and in fact so do Dogs.

If they're being investigated for fixing, I'm happy to stand corrected. Just thought I'd provide what else it could be for.

The umpires should not be umpiring games, whereby even a perception of bias exists. The AFL need to get their act together in this area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's going to be something simple, like a player or staff member mentioning something about players missing and word getting out.
Anyone remember the Brady Anderson Sandover leak? Came in from 20/1 to 3/1 in a day - turns out the secretary told her husband and he went to the TAB and told his mates, who told others and so on.

Not at all. That's how Ryan Tandy got busted with the NRL. Used a mate to place cash best at the TAB. Trouble is, every TAB has CCTV. Didn't take them long to track down who placed the bet.
Facebook/twitter!makes it even easier to track people these days. Even online betting gives punters a profile and it should be easy to red flag a new account that has way too much first time luck.

Yeah nah they didn't throw the match and St Kilda need not be worried that their best performance will be undermined by a match-fixing scandal.

More likely "yeah mate we're ******, half our team is sick as a dog" from a player to a mate, mate looks at 2013 and sees what St Kilda did to Freo then, runs off and drops a bag on 40+.
Has to be, but the idea of a second bet is curious. As others have said, 22 players is just too much to convince, and the chance and likelihood of some rejecting and leaking the news is way too large. I have no doubt that there's some suss, dark betting going down in the AFL, but people are too dumb to go the overt way – you're better off being sly and winning money in the 19 other games people haven't mentioned.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid, I just think it'll be involving one or two people at Fremantle. And if it involves more people and it's systematic, it'll be those in the upper ranks and not players (certainly not more than one or two).

Very interesting though

Actually a month ago there were callers ringing our local radio station 6pr saying they heard rumours Fremantle wanted some games investigated for umpiring. Perhaps this could be what they are talking about?

Fisher would be the umpire in question. Ex Saints player who Lyon delisted.

It was also all over our board that during the Carlton game (we won by 5) Fisher paid 14 free kicks for the game. With 13 of those going to Carlton and 5 to Marc Murphy. Only 1 to Fremantle. Pretty damning stats and possibly backed up with other games he has umpired us in.

We received 4 total in the Dogs game! Need to think about that stat. 4 free kicks for a team that likes to pressure and harass and in fact so do Dogs.

If they're being investigated for fixing, I'm happy to stand corrected. Just thought I'd provide what else it could be for.
I'd be suprised by the fact Mick Malthouse wasn't the first coach to call for umpiring investigation.

">September 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Also murmurs around St K v Freo game and that bizarre result ... One big bet on Saints I believe ... but Rising Star main priority.</p>&mdash; Mark Stevens (@Stevo7AFL) <a href="

Remove this Banner Ad

Back