Betting restrictions and limits for constant winners?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm on my phone so can't really do too much research but can you explain this charge?

I've had a betfair account for years, I don't put in much volume but my account is in a pretty deep profit and I've never been charged more than the standard commission.
i think it's something really excessive like $250k lifetime profits, and even then not all pay it, only those that win in such a way that they pay little commission

once you either make 100k profit or are profitable after making bets in 2500 different markets or something, you get charged some absurd percentage of your weekly profit.

once you either make 100k profit or are profitable after making bets in 2500 different markets or something, you get charged some absurd percentage of your weekly profit.
yeah, but only if you haven't paid enough commission that week, so if you net $1k but it's made up of $10k in profitable markets (and commission paid on this $10k) and $9k in losing markets, you pay less than if you just win $1k in one market

lol it's 250 markets, i wish it was 2500! you don't have to had made 250k ANY profit will see your account applicable if you've satisfied >250 markets...getting involved in 250+ markets is pretty easy if you bet regularly.

Premium Charge Summary

You will only be considered for the Premium Charge if, over the lifetime of your account, you satisfy the following criteria:
  • Your account is in profit;
  • Your total charges generated are less than 20%† of gross profits; and
  • You bet in more than 250 markets.

it's all 3 not just one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

profit and <250 markets will get you in there

https://account.betfair.com/regpay-myaccount/premiumcharge/summary.html

:( That's the first time I've found out that I'm in the premium charges category on Betfair.

Can someone help me decipher my statement?

Lifetime profile:
I hit the market criteria and profit criteria.

However, my total charges are 26.2%.

There is another column that shows I've incurred premium charges in the past (although minimal).
I don't recall ever being informed though.

Last Week profile:
There is a premium charge pre-allowance.
I assume once I exceed that figure in profit I get charged?
Is that a weekly allowance?

Edit: It looks like my lifetime profile of charges has to be <20%
And that I've had a chunk taken out of my $1000 dollar extra allowance but haven't had any premium charge actually payable as yet.

You get GBP1,000 up your sleeve before you have to pay anything.

If you are at (lifetime) 26.2% now, no need to worry for a (long) while.

Just monitor that %age figure regularly, PC is only ever invoked when you dip below 20%.

Once you do, you'll start eating into your 1,000 (GBP) buffer, once that's gone that's when the Wednesday morning bills arrive.

A million and one ways to avoid it though.

Ive been restricted at sportsbet after winning only a few grand there in my lifetime. So unfair, I rarely bet over $200.

You get GBP1,000 up your sleeve before you have to pay anything.

If you are at (lifetime) 26.2% now, no need to worry for a (long) while.

Just monitor that %age figure regularly, PC is only ever invoked when you dip below 20%.

Once you do, you'll start eating into your 1,000 (GBP) buffer, once that's gone that's when the Wednesday morning bills arrive.

A million and one ways to avoid it though.

would you like to share or pm one please lol

and yes it does feel like bills are being paid every wednesday after a profitable week, really deflates that winning feeling over the last 7 days :(

Ive been restricted at sportsbet after winning only a few grand there in my lifetime. So unfair, I rarely bet over $200.

What are the restrictions like? Lowered odds or cap on amount you can put in for a bet?

Also what sports were you betting on the most?

What are the restrictions like? Lowered odds or cap on amount you can put in for a bet?

Also what sports were you betting on the most?

Mostly NRL and AFL, some bets on the NBA and a few novelty markets. Seems there is a cap on my bets, $100 seems to be the maximum i can put on the NBA. I dont seem to be restricted on the horses though.

Mostly NRL and AFL, some bets on the NBA and a few novelty markets. Seems there is a cap on my bets, $100 seems to be the maximum i can put on the NBA. I dont seem to be restricted on the horses though.
that's just your internet auto acceptance cap. my nba limit is about $40 but I can get $200 on most of the time it just needs to be referred

Remove this Banner Ad

Back